Author Topic: Arsenal's Eduardo Horrific Injury  (Read 11093 times)

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPACcKeGMw&feature=related

i know this should be banned from public eye (sky sports did'nt replay it)....but BBC1 Match of the Day played it in SLOW MOTION!

im a massive Arsenal fan and this blow just somes up our injury crisis at the moment, we really dont have enough players to put out anymore..we had 3 injured players on the bench at out 4-0 defeat to Man Utd and now another one...

i stoped watching the game after it was too much!

Just watching the players in distress was bad enough to be hounest. and i do think you guys should watch it not for fun (christ NO!)..but for the incredible agressive challenges that should be clamped down in football and players who do these takles should be bannd for life!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Saw the pictures of this. Definitely intense.

And terrifying. Poor guy, only thing I'll say is I REALLY hope they're generous with the painkillers because he's got a long road ahead of him. Good luck getting back to his feet though

Offline Ruhie

• Sniper Assassin
  • use and confuse them, they're numb and naive
theres been a couple of posts about this in the football thread (with graphic photos!) but its such a shame.  i was watching sky sports news (dont normally subject myself to that but it was on in the pub earlier) and he had made a brief statement that went along the lines of he's not coming back this season and thank you for all the well wishes.

Good Luck to him though its going to be a long struggle getting better

Offline Rocker Mama

• Straight Shooter
  • Slash Rocks!
    • Yamaha Mama
Reminds me of when Joe Theisman broke his leg.......makes you sick to watch!

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
motd said they couldnt replay the play the footage when showing the highlights then did it anyway. bit gross to watch. i dont think he should never be allowed to play again, even wenger took his comments back, but come on, there was no need for that at all, let alone two minutes into the game

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Article in this mornings Metro

Eduardo vowing to play again
EDUARDO last night vowed to overcome his injury nightmare and play for Arsenal again, The stiker suffered a double compound fracture of his left leg in a tackle with Martin Taylor at Birmingham on saturday. the injury ended his season, ruled him out of Euro 2008 and raised fears he may never play again.    
      the Brazilian- born croatian had surgery in Birmingham on saturday and last night spoke about the incident for the first time, after being moved to a london hospital. 'i don't remember the incident very well and it is not something i want to see again on television,' he said 'All i remember is when i fell, i looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. it was an unfortunate situation but these things happen in football.'
     And Eduardo, who turns 25 today, believes he will make a full recovery from the injury. 'I know i won't be able to play for Arsenal for the rest of the season or be ready for the Euros this summer,' He said. 'But i'm not worried about that. my consentration and determination is on making a quick a recovery as possible, i am determined to overcome this injury.'

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Now that's a true footballer ^^^^

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!
yea total respect for Eduardo...can not wait for him to return he was my 2nd fav player...only comming 2nd Fabregas  :D love the way eduardo plays

Offline EvilElvis

• Gunslinger
    • http://www.myspace.com/ojramone
motd said they couldnt replay the play the footage when showing the highlights then did it anyway. bit gross to watch. i dont think he should never be allowed to play again, even wenger took his comments back, but come on, there was no need for that at all, let alone two minutes into the game

Bit harsh! There was no malicious intent, just mis-timed and unfortunate with the challenge.

Taylor has been to see Eduardo in hospital and apologised for it.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
apparently he'll be playing again in 9 months.

it was a freak accident, the ball was there to be won and eduardo won it.

his foot then wedged into the ground at the moment of impact from taylor which caused the break. if his foot was even slightly off the turf it would have just pushed his leg back.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
^That was the cause. He planted his leg AS it got hit, which was the cause. If he'd had it bent or not been planting on that foot, he'd have been fine.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
exactly it's wasn't a horrific tackle at all, he went for the ball.

and after the way some arsenal players behaved towards nani the other week wenger has no right to complain about anything.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

and after the way some arsenal players behaved towards nani the other week wenger has no right to complain about anything.

That was the thing. It wasn't dirty. Lots of really nasty injuries in sports are the result of either A) poor form on the part of the injuree or B) a dirty or cheap shot from an opponent. This was just a fluke accident from the LOOKS of it.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby

Good point Alan, i had forgotten about that.

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
i dont believe i said he went in for it with malicious intent. it was two minutes into the game and all to play for, there was no real need to go into a clumsy challenge like that.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
there was every need to, it's part of the game, whether 2 minutes in or 89 minutes in you go in to win the ball when it is there to be won.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
Not with your studs up though

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
you're 34 and you can't understand the simple logic of going into a tackle head on with studs down = broken ankle for you.

the same reason you're told to slide studs up in baseball, it's a head on thing and if you impact studs down you're fucked.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Well, with baseball, THAT'S a sport I played at a semi pro junior level for years, you slide with studs up for 2 reasons: where you're sliding into is the base, protected by an infielder. He'll straddle the base, so if you slide with your studs up he's gonna either move his foot, enabling you to get in safely without being tagged OR you'll be tagged and called out, but he won't be able to walk for a week.

The other reason:

YOU BREAK YOUR ANKLE IF YOU SLIDE STUDS DOWN!!! That's slightly more extreme cases, but studs are there for the purpose of gripping the ground. Physics dictate that if you're SLIDING along the ground with your studs down, they'll catch, doing damage. Even a strain or sprain of the ankle can cause much more damage than meets the eye.

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Being a gooner, i feel that this topic as gone on for a bit, he's out of hospital and starting the long road of recovery, i never believed Martin Taylor should be been sent off, but the extent of the damage caused by a tackle which was quite a regular ball taking challenge, the ref probably had no other choice but to send him off, and also i feel if Martin hadn't been sent off, the amount of shit the arsenal players and fans would had proberly given him on the pitch, wouldn't had been good to see either. I don't think it's right that he's recieved death threats over this at all, he's a truly good player and wouldn't hurt a fly from what i hear, like Eduardo has said - what happened happened, he doesn't blame anyone for this.

it was just a case of his stud being in the ground at the wrong time, whilst the tackle was made.

things like this happen, he's recovering now and should hopefully be back scoring goals in around 9 months.

at least that's better than when we all saw the tackle at first and assumed it was the end of his career.....thankfully it's not.

Offline let_it_fede

• Gunslinger
  • i was born the same day of slash!
    • www.myspace.com/let_it_fede

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
you're 34 and you can't understand the simple logic of going into a tackle head on with studs down = broken ankle for you.

the same reason you're told to slide studs up in baseball, it's a head on thing and if you impact studs down you're fucked.

It would appear that you havent played football to a high enough standard to understand that there are different ways to tackle face on, the block tackle for example. And please try not to be so condescending in future, its not a pleasant trait.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
hypocritical as well.

a block challenge in that situation is pointless. you're not close enough to make it which is why he didn't do that.

which everyone seems to understand apart from you. just accept you're wrong, it wasn't a challenge which deserved a sending off. even the arsenal fans on the forum admit it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:51:59 AM by Alan »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin