Author Topic: Mojo Gurus  (Read 52328 times)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Do I have to drive the bus too?  :lol:

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Damn! bluesy, kickass, whiskey drinking rock n roll. I hope y'all make it six or seven hundred miles up 75 to my town.

What town we talkin' about brother? We're hoping to tour extensively when the record drops, we may do a few places like Nashville, Atlanta, Philly and New York beforehand. Tell me where ya are, so i know to guestlist ya.

I'm in Lexington(kind of a crappy town for live music). Though, Louisville and Cinci are rockin' towns, and they are not very far. There is really only one half way decent music club here. I spent the last 15 years in "the Ville" and kind of got spoiled.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Hey I'm willing to hit up Ohio for THAT party  :D last time I was down them parts, we went WAY down to Martin's Ferry. A short trip to Cinci is worth it.

Cousin It, got a lil' extra SoCo hangin' around?  :P

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus
Louisville sounds good, so does Cinci...I know we've been approached by the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland...how much of a road trip is Nashville?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Mapquest: between 7 and 8 hours from Lexington to Nashville

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Cousin It, got a lil' extra SoCo hangin' around?  :P

I'm more of a Bourbon type of person, but I can pick a bottle up. :D

Mapquest: between 7 and 8 hours from Lexington to Nashville

I think that I made it in 3 hours for the Electric Cowboy Festival in 83, but we were on some big ricers, and were young and didn't give a damn about the cops. We followed some dude in a Porche most of the way their at 130+. Once we hit the Tenn line, it was back down to 90 or 100.

I could probably do Nashville.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Cool, I'll keep you posted...

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Hey I'm willing to hit up Ohio for THAT party

I don't want to scare you off, but trust me, I throw down with the best, ... and the worst.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8l4k4Vz3sw

maybe more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfTaNEdUH0

A short trip to Cinci is worth it.

I thought you were a Canuck?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:49:24 AM by cousin it »

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Hey I'm willing to hit up Ohio for THAT party

I don't want to scare you off, but trust me, I throw down with the best, ... and the worst.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8l4k4Vz3sw

maybe more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfTaNEdUH0

A short trip to Cinci is worth it.

I thought you were a Canuck?

We opened for Pat in New Port Richey last May...and I LOVE Steve Earle!!! And yeah, I think we might gonna have a good time, whatever town we catch up in  :D

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Travers is one of the greatest underrated blues guitarist of all time. Of course Johnny was rated, and then there is Derringer, but that is another day.

A good friend used to play with Earle; I had the opportunity to meet him just before the MSG show last spring.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Indeed a Canuck, but a southern one  :D We did Martin's Ferry in about 14 hours, which included about a 2 hour delay at the border (someone on our team was born in the middle east :roll:) plus stop for 50 hungry players to demolish a Wendy's in the middle of nowhere, aka Bumfuck Pennsylvania.

I can hit Cinci  :D

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Travers is one of the greatest underrated blues guitarist of all time. Of course Johnny was rated, and then there is Derringer, but that is another day.

A good friend used to play with Earle; I had the opportunity to meet him just before the MSG show last spring.

Pat's still playing and singing really well too...my previous band Doc Lovett and the Blues Punks opened for him in Feb. of 2004, and the Mojo Gurus opened for him last May...some good stories  8)
I caught Steve on the Revolution Starts...Now tour here in Tampa, at a killer venue, Tampa Theater...one of the BEST shows I've seen, and I've seen some shows  :D

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
This week's Creative Loafing had this to say...

SATURDAY, MARCH 1

MOJO GURUS w/MEMPHIS TRAIN UNION/BLIND BUDDY MOODY One of the few local bands to ink major-label record deals over the years, glam-turned-roots-rockers the Mojo Gurus offer crowd-pleasing performances marked by frontman Kevin Steele's assured stage presence and the guitar heroics of Doc Lovett. (Two Buks Saloon, Clearwater)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Guitar heroics!!! I like it 8)

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Hey Doc, Is "Baddest Mothers Son" going to be on the new album? That fucking song kicks ass.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Hey Doc, Is "Baddest Mothers Son" going to be on the new album? That fucking song kicks ass.
That one's on the last record, Shakin In The Barn. I love that tune.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
The Mojo Gurus deliver rowdy rock n roll with a whole lot of twang and plenty of roadhouse attitude, at once evoking the Stones, Sun Records and the thrill of life in the fast lane. Front man Kevin Steelešs charisma pours through on record and even more so stage, where hešs a natural fit for the spotlight. Backing him is a tight power trio featuring the visceral guitar work of Doc Lovett. - Wade Tatangelo, Music Critic, Creative Loafing Tampa Bay

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
I wish I could see you guys live. bit difficult I think :lol:

:beer:

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
I wish I could see you guys live. bit difficult I think :lol:

:beer:

Here's hoping for some overseas touring  :D

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
“Kevin Steele writes original songs that have a great respect for the real meaning of roots-rock rhythm & blues - and fronts a band that plays like they have perpetual hard-ons. I think they call it rock n' roll, last I checked...” - Roger Kash, Director of A&R, Empire Musicwerks

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
I'm interested in your records. I'd like to buy them all when I get the money. Is there any chance that I can listen to some more songs, maybe from earlier days? maybe more songs on myspace/homepage...please 8)

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Check the myspace on Monday  :D and check your email later tonight...

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Myspace has been updated, 4 new tunes, new bio, new info, new look, new logo...check it out...

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Damn! I had to crack the seal on a new bottle after listening. :lol:

Sounds damn fine. It'll be in my collection.

oh, Black Oak was the first show I attended back in 74