Author Topic: 2007-07-12 - Jimmy Kimmel Live - El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood, CA, USA  (Read 29044 times)

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
They butchered played SBQM, and only showed half of The Last Fight.

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
slash looks great? and you are a fitness trainer? ok, let me help you. did u look at his stomach? i am sure someone has this put on youtube. go take a look. if you think that slash is in good shape i dont think i want you as my trainer. duff is in good shape, not slash. and arms can get bigger if you put on weight too. maybe you didnt see his chin either. cmon man, dont say you are a trainer for 20 years and turn around and say slash is in shape. his gut tells otherwise and i am sure most saw that and can say he put on a few "bad lbs".

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

Sorry To bring up Slash's weight 1 more time

No, we are going to stop this discussion and get back to talking about the performance or posts will start getting pulled.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
Yah, it was a great performance. The taping on tv did not do it justice at all, took the energy out of the two songs that were taped. Anyhow, as some one mentioned that the crowd was dead, IT WAS! It was ridiculous. There was a hispanic family that probabaly had like 5 people there in line all day before anyone else, but about 10 minutes before the show, those 5 turned into about 12 and took the majority of the front row. They were people who just always go to the jimmy kimmel shows, not fans of the band, which was funny because before slither, scott made the comment that "this next song is the first single from our last record, so those of you who are our fans will know this one." It was really funny because you know he wasn't getting any energy from the majority of the front row. Me n my friend were havign a blast front row in front of slash, rockin out and shit and then the rest of our group in the second row with all VR regulars were really the only people there that were into it, so maybe like 20 people total or so. It was alot of fun though, 4 libertad songs and slither. During the second verse of slither, scott came down and stood on the rail and sang while leaning into the audience. So yah, overall, it was still a great show, yet it's more fun when you are surrounded by fans of the band. After the show, Slash, Scott and Matt all signed for fans and were all in great moods. An excellent time as usual.

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
ok, since weight cannot be discussed, i would say their performance, was ok. but i saw 1 1/2 songs so i cannot full judge the whole show compared to people that were there. either way i am looking forward to them in atl and ny. fans are fans and i feel if we want to discuss things, we should be able to. no one on here is using foul language or saying anything bad. i think we are all keeping it clean.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Damn I didn't know they played The Last Fight or part of it.  I turned it off after SBQM.  I have to say, it didn't come across that well on TV sound wise.  It would have been fun to go to that show tho and be in the crowd.   I also noticed on SBQM they only showed Dave for literally one second.   

Offline dl8esman119

• Target Practice
  • VR Rocked My Socks Off!
    • My MySpace
So I missed going to the taping, but I caught it on TV last night. The one pan the camera did over the crowd smack dab in the middle of the performance was horrible!!! People were literally just standing there! With a few minor pockets of exception. Maybe the real fans had no clue on how to get tickets and so they just filled the show up with random people...either way I thought the band was great! Would have loved to have been there, and I agree, they need to show more of Dave man!!! I really don't know why the media is always ignoring him!!! Show Dave some love damn it!!!!

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter

Sorry To bring up Slash's weight 1 more time

No, we are going to stop this discussion and get back to talking about the performance or posts will start getting pulled.

Sorry Administator- I Am a huge fan of Slash & was just trying to show my support by ending the discussion on a positive note since some people were bashing him  :beer:

And yeah I don't understand why so many people just stand there at these shows. When we saw them in DC, people looked 1/2 asleep in the VIP section!  :?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:10:19 AM by SlshSolo »

Offline Darkburst

• Staff
They sounded WAY better in person than they did on the broadcast. It was great mini-concert and everyone was on point. Duff didn't seem as upbeat as usual though.

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
Anyone think Scott may have had a cold?  After watching it again, it seemed he didn't have the vocal range he normally has.

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
my opinion, i think somethings up with his voice regardless and he aint saying. his voice really has changed and looks like he is struggling.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
So you saw them on this last Spring tour? Because he sounded GREAT in May at the two dates I went to. Or are you basing that opinion on a TV show?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:42:35 AM by Peebs »

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
I am basing it on his STP days in VR days. Each person hears what they want. Here's an example: I saw them at Hollwoood, FL and they sounded awful. Some people thought it was the best show they ever saw. The sound was bad and the person I went with pointed it out right away.

His voice has changed. i dont care what anyone says. It's comepletely different. It seems weaker.

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
Drugs killed his voice. He got a lot of it back though, it's just different.

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
So you saw them on this last Spring tour? Because he sounded GREAT in May at the two dates I went to. Or are you basing that opinion on a TV show?

I must vouch as well - I saw them in Sayreville and his voice was top f'in notch. It's always hard to hear vocals when you're in the front row, as I was, but they were coming through loud and clear.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
I am basing it on his STP days in VR days. Each person hears what they want. Here's an example: I saw them at Hollwoood, FL and they sounded awful. Some people thought it was the best show they ever saw. The sound was bad and the person I went with pointed it out right away.

His voice has changed. i dont care what anyone says. It's comepletely different. It seems weaker.

Ok so you haven't seen him live recently is what your saying.
And also basing your opinion on a venues bad sound system in Jan 06. A lot of the venues house systems they played at sucked. Some were good and some weren't.

How about you purchase a ticket for a show during the August swing and come back and say something positive.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!

I must vouch as well - I saw them in Sayreville and his voice was top f'in notch. It's always hard to hear vocals when you're in the front row, as I was, but they were coming through loud and clear.

I was there too, sound great as did Nokia!  :D

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR

Ok so you haven't seen him live recently is what your saying.
And also basing your opinion on a venues bad sound system in Jan 06. A lot of the venues house systems they played at sucked. Some were good and some weren't.

How about you purchase a ticket for a show during the August swing and come back and say something positive.

Yeah, seriously. That's like comparing someone's writing from when they were fifteen and when they were thirty. Of course things will change. I'm so sick of reading this negativity here, especially when that poster hasn't seen them as recently as you and I have, Peebs.

You know, ten bucks says that nygrve will go to a show in August and still have something negative to say. I eagerly await his review.

Offline IN UTERO

• Staff
  • What's Next!
Yah, it was a great performance. The taping on tv did not do it justice at all, took the energy out of the two songs that were taped. Anyhow, as some one mentioned that the crowd was dead, IT WAS! It was ridiculous. There was a hispanic family that probabaly had like 5 people there in line all day before anyone else, but about 10 minutes before the show, those 5 turned into about 12 and took the majority of the front row. They were people who just always go to the jimmy kimmel shows, not fans of the band, which was funny because before slither, scott made the comment that "this next song is the first single from our last record, so those of you who are our fans will know this one." It was really funny because you know he wasn't getting any energy from the majority of the front row. Me n my friend were havign a blast front row in front of slash, rockin out and shit and then the rest of our group in the second row with all VR regulars were really the only people there that were into it, so maybe like 20 people total or so. It was alot of fun though, 4 libertad songs and slither. During the second verse of slither, scott came down and stood on the rail and sang while leaning into the audience. So yah, overall, it was still a great show, yet it's more fun when you are surrounded by fans of the band. After the show, Slash, Scott and Matt all signed for fans and were all in great moods. An excellent time as usual.

Thanks for the review! slash_frehley

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter

Yup, I was in front row for GNR in Mexico- Axl's vocals went right past me.  Scott sounded awesome in DC in May from the VIP balcony & he sounded incredible on Leno, I've watched it over & over! Plus there's been much talk by critics how strong his voice is with him sober  :beer:
I just think he was struggling on Kimmel, maybe due to a cold?

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
well I remember at the whisky my girlfriend and her sister were front row center, and they mentioned that they thought he was sick and that he had throat lassengers(sp?) on stage.

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
sick or not, scott sounded great @ the whisky... and he sounded alright on kimmel too

Offline jnine

• Pea Gun Newbie
I was there and the tv sound did not do justice to the way they sounded in person.  Scott sounded fine on SBQM in person, I noticed before Last Fight they changed something to the tv mix and he sounded great, the way he did in person.  He was standing right in front of me on the rail and we here trying to help hold him up.  The band was on and the crowd was loud if you were in it, I don't think we were mic'ed.  I was really surprised because Scott signed a few things afterwards, until someone asked him to sign a vinyl cover and he recognized him.  He said "you're a pro, I know you" threw the guy's pen down in disgust and walked away.  I felt bad for the people waiting next to the guy, I don't think he signed anything else, however, I was also happy because he had just signed something for me.  They sound checked while we were waiting to get it, besides the 5 songs they did Wish You Were Here.  They did SBQM about 7 times.  Everyone waiting in line was applauding each time they finished a song, Slash kept looking straight up into the air, as if the applause was coming from heaven or something, instead of the 200 people lined up at the fence waiting to get in.  Loved the subtlety of his "Blow Me" t shirt, I guess the balloon on it saved it from being pixeled out.

Offline VFnR7777

• Gunslinger
  • Let It Roll
    • www.myspace.com/mikeganrude
i dont get what people are saying here. i was there waiting for at least 5 or 6 hours and velvet revolver sounded great! Scotts vocals were awesome and the mix of everything was great. The crowd was good for being small and yes, tv did not do the performance justice. it was insane live. the crowd was quiet for the last fight because it is a slow song, but for SBQM and the other 3 we went nuts. or at least i did and everyone around me in the front row did.

Also, a bonus, i got pictures with matt and dave and gieurmo! and i got slash's pick. In a little while ill post a video of the last fight during sound check.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 04:02:16 PM by VFnR7777 »

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
OMG I laughed outloud at this:

They did SBQM about 7 times.  Everyone waiting in line was applauding each time they finished a song, Slash kept looking straight up into the air, as if the applause was coming from heaven or something, instead of the 200 people lined up at the fence waiting to get in.

THAT'S priceless!!!