Author Topic: 2007-07-12 - Jimmy Kimmel Live - El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood, CA, USA  (Read 28762 times)

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.war-bootlegs.tk

Offline classic_rocker8

• Target Practice
  • Never underestimate the dangers on Sunset Blvd.
I think it's all supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live's website right here:  http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/garage/index.html
There's not anything at the moment, but hopefully it will be up soon...

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.war-bootlegs.tk
they usually dont upload the off air songs but if they do then that would be great.

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
heres the last fight, better quality coming soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaLi9SdXgU

It was good! I loved it!
Many thanks for share  :D

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
Watched the performance this morning on my big screen- thought it was great!  Slash was in fine form, he had his classic wide stance like GNR days. I noticed right away Scott's voice was not as powerful as Leno, but I chalk that up to acoustics- Inside vs. outside. Plus it's hard to pick up sound thru TV sometimes.  Can't wait to see the rest of the songs!   :beer: :slash:

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
I watched Kimmel last night and they cut off The Last Fight half way through. Tha t was stupid. Sound wasn't all that great, but that could be many things. SBQM was pretty good. Wasn't stellar, but it was ok. Slash put on a few it looks like. lol

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
Slash put on a few it looks like. lol

And that matters because...

Offline FunnieFaces

• Gunslinger
  • I saw him in person and melted on the sidewalk....
I watched it last night and I thought the guys looked good. I just wished they would show Dave alittle more,he is such a cutie, Slash looked REAL good to me.I thought both performances were good.

Offline Sky72

• Pea Gun Newbie

... it was a comment on a discussion board (about a live performance on television, no less)... relax...

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
thanks for the video and pictures. i hope more will be up soon

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
I am just pointing out he put on a few, thats all. Jeez people get so defensive. Did anyone else get The Last Fight cut off?

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR

... it was a comment on a discussion board (about a live performance on television, no less)... relax...

Please don't tell me to relax. Thanks. And it just bugs the ever-living hell out of me when people comment on Slash's weight. I mean, so what? Does it make him play guitar any worse or any better? No. It's pretty irrelevant.

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.

Please don't tell me to relax. Thanks. And it just bugs the ever-living hell out of me when people comment on Slash's weight. I mean, so what? Does it make him play guitar any worse or any better? No. It's pretty irrelevant.

Calm down. nygrve clearly didn't mean anything by it. It's not like they went on a two page rant about how fat he is.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
yeah, it was just an observation. we all love him no matter how he looks. He looks great and always have

Offline VR_Fan05

• Gunslinger
I thought the performances were pretty good ... although IMO the crowd was really dead ... it seemed like a handful of people were really enjoying the performance while everyone else was just kinda standing around.

Anyone happen to catch Slash's T-Shirt which read "Blow Me" ... though that was really funny  :lol:

Offline Sky72

• Pea Gun Newbie

So we're only allowed to discuss the qualtiy of his guitar playing?  Would you have asked how a comment like "I like Slash's hat" is relevant?

Solution:  Don't let it bother you so much (i.e. relax  :smitten:)

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
Why does it bug you so much about comments about Slash's weight? Only overweight people are bothered by weight comments. lol

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
Why does it bug you so much about comments about Slash's weight? Only overweight people are bothered by weight comments. lol

I was so waiting for one of those comments, haha. I think I'm bothered by it because Hollywood in general is fixated on weight. Every gossip rag is watching celebrities' weight like a hawk. And to see it applied to Slash, even though it wasn't for the same reasons, really annoyed the hell out of me.

And to debunk your theory, I am quite small.

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
small? like petite? hey now. Serously, i dont really care anyway about his weight. just wanted to get a rise out of people.  hes still a great guitarist and no one ever said he looked like brad pitt anyway. lol

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
Ew, Brad Pitt. Ha.

Anyway, back to the performance... too bad Kimmel doesn't show the whole set! What a nice treat for audience members. Has there been any news on more late night performances?

Offline nygrve

• Target Practice
whats the point of showing them then cutting them off half way through the second song? I'm sitting there watching and then the credits start going on the right and i say, they are gonna cut it, i know it, and sure enuff, its over. Would have been nice to see the whole song at least.

Offline pensive

• Sniper Assassin
  • Owner of the Slither Pants
I had a great time at the taping yesterday -- wish I had checked in with the board here before I flew to LA, I could have met some of you fine people! I snuck a few pics with my digi before security told me to quit but I don't know if y'all wanna see them since there are screencaps, etc.

Offline I i ILLEGAL i

• Target Practice
I was watching it.. I then wound up falling asleep to realize when I woke up this morning I missed it...  They played The Last Fight on television?  Damn!!!  No SBQM?

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter

Sorry To bring up Slash's weight 1 more time,  but I've been a fitness trainer for 20 years & I have noticed the change in his physique- He looks to me like he like he has been working out with Duff- he's definately packed some muscle on his arms & chest. TV makes U look 10-15 lbs heavier so some people may think it's fat, but his frame is just bigger. He's not as ripped as Duff, but he looks great!  :slash:

Oh & by the way, his performance kicked ass!  :headbanger:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:06:38 AM by SlshSolo »