Author Topic: The Conditional Giveaway!  (Read 36779 times)

Offline IN UTERO

• What's Next!
Welcome to our next VR Fan Forum Contest!. This Contest was made possible by a Donation from Melissa at Rockin' Couture. Please visit her Myspace Site and view her Gallery of her Original Belts and Merchadise. Melissa creates for many famous Rock Artist, Musicians and Celebrities and all her merchandise can be purchased. Feel free to contact her via email at rockincouture@yahoo.com for pricing and orders, and thanks for checking out her site 8) http://www.myspace.com/rockincouture.

Today marks the official release of Velvet Revolver's latest single, Get Out The Door, on radio stations across the US. Its odds to make a dent on the charts might not be the best, but together, there is a slight chance we can give it a push in the right direction and improve those odds, at least a little bit. As an encouragement for you to vote for and request the song, we've therefore decided to run this giveaway, where one lucky winner can walk away with several amazing prizes.

There is ONE catch however. What's included in the prize pot is dependant on the single's peak position on the charts…

• If Get Out The Door charts on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart
    We'll start out modestly, so for a chart entry we'll give away a copy of the Japanese version of Libertad.

You can do better than that though - much better…

• If it peaks higher on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart than The Last Fight (15 or better)
    We'll replace the Japanese version of Libertad with one of the very rare Contraband CD/LP combo packs.

• If it becomes a top 10 single on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart
    Now things will start to become interesting - really interesting... Remember that Rockin' Couture Slash belt we gave away a while ago? Well, guess what - this time Melissa has donated a Slash Hatband!

• If it goes all the way to number one on Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart
    The lucky winner will not only get the hatband mentioned above, but in addition, he/she will also get a Slash Bracelet which can be used on its own, or in conjunction with the hatband to create a very cool Concho Belt :o

BONUS

• Get Out The Door ends up as a number one single on both the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and Hot Modern Rock Tracks charts, a feat only Slither has achieved among Velvet Revolver's past singles
    As if the winner hadn't already grabbed enough prizes by now, he/she'll walk away with all the above mentioned items if this scenario becomes a reality.

• Well, what if it charts on The Billboard Hot 100?
    To tell you the truth, we haven't bothered to think about that possibility yet, so we can't promise you anything. Should the single really defy all odds though, I'm sure we can come up with a nice surprise for the winner…

To opt in on the drawing, which will be carried out in Minitab to make it completely fair and random, all you'll have to do is post once in this thread. From there on, it will be entirely up to yourself how nice the prize you can win will be.

Now, go and vote for and request the song like crazy, and get your friends and family in on it as well - every effort counts!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:12:43 PM by IN UTERO »

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
But which are the links that we can to vote?
Please Candace help me that I am in Brazil!  :oops:

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
My one post in this thread  :D

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^What he said? :lol: I got it.Here's my stationcom
Project 961 Atlanta,Ga-WKLS

http://www.project961.com

Request Line:(404)741-9696

E-Mail Contact:chris@project961.com

Chris Williams,the Music Director is on in the afternoons.I already shot him an e-mail about putting Get Out The Door on the air. :D

I will keep everybody posted. :lol:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:51:06 AM by vfly79 »

Offline duffdiver

• Sniper Assassin
  • JEES-IT! Pulling out the arsenal! GO DO! SAC'TO!
How are you deciding who the winner is? You aren't going to send out one of those "Bill Gates is tracking and you can make 80 kajillion dollars if you send this to 50,000 people" emails are you? ;-)

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
How are you deciding who the winner is? You aren't going to send out one of those "Bill Gates is tracking and you can make 80 kajillion dollars if you send this to 50,000 people" emails are you? ;-)

To opt in on the drawing, which will be carried out in Minitab to make it completely fair and random, all you'll have to do is post once in this thread.

In other words, it won't bee too different from how the winner of our Advent Calendar in 2006 was chosen (and since I will be the one running Minitab this time as well, I'm obviously disqualified from participating).

I'll start a thread in the news board shortly where methods on how to vote/request the song can be shared.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
what if it hits number 1 in the UK charts :p

Offline duffdiver

• Sniper Assassin
  • JEES-IT! Pulling out the arsenal! GO DO! SAC'TO!

To opt in on the drawing, which will be carried out in Minitab to make it completely fair and random, all you'll have to do is post once in this thread.

In other words, it won't bee too different from how the winner of our Advent Calendar in 2006 was chosen (and since I will be the one running Minitab this time as well, I'm obviously disqualified from participating).

Yea got distracted and didn't *read* that part...saw it but just didn't read it...chalk it up to the blonde hair dye! ;-)

Offline FunnieFaces

• Gunslinger
  • I saw him in person and melted on the sidewalk....
94.5 The Buzz Houston

713-212-5945

www.thebuzz.com

Rod Ryan is a huge slash fan he is the morning guy.

Offline IN UTERO

• What's Next!
Please Candace help me that I am in Brazil!  :oops:

This was your post hun, your in to Win!

Now you just wait... we see how far the single goes up the charts.

The computer will automatically pick the Winner, just hang in there it will begin to make sense :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:16:39 PM by IN UTERO »

Offline BlackVelvet

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • My band....Unforgiven!...check us out
I hope for more than just this contest that the single does good on the charts

Offline Vietnow138

• Straight Shooter

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
Here's my "official" one post in this thread...

and, woohoo, Get Out The Door!

Offline rhyte

• Sniper Assassin
  • SL-U-VE-T, Bish.
This my one post as well!!!!! :P :P :P

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
like transformers girl there's more than meets the eeyyee

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Cool contest!!  I like it! 

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Get Out The Door - Awesome Tune!!!!  :D

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
"I've been down this road so long, miles and miles of freaks before ..."

Offline Janis

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/janissjekel

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
Project 961 Atlanta,Ga-WKLS

http://www.project961.com

Request Line:(404)741-9696

Chris Williams,the Music Director is on in the afternoons.

he got to hear from me too...  :)

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan