Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus
whats up with GNR??? anything???
GNR ceased to exist in about 1996 or so...Axl occasionally goes out with a bunch of hired guns and diminishes the legacy a little further...rumors continue to swirl about a so called GNR record that has taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and has one original GNR member...did I leave anything out?

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
GNR ceased to exist in about 1996 or so...Axl occasionally goes out with a bunch of hired guns and diminishes the legacy a little further...rumors continue to swirl about a so called GNR record that has taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and has one original GNR member...did I leave anything out?
Nice to see that you joined over here,Doc.Brilliant post. :lol:

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Nice to see that you joined over here,Doc.Brilliant post. :lol:

Good to see ya vfly, how ya been?

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Good and you?

To stay on topic....I agree with everything that you mentioned about Axl's hired Guns. :lol: GN'R died when Izzy left so like '91 or '92(?) My opinion,though. :D

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Good and you?

To stay on topic....I agree with everything that you mentioned about Axl's hired Guns. :lol: GN'R died when Izzy left so like '91 or '92(?) My opinion,though. :D

Yeah, I was tryin' to be nice to the Gilby contingent...I like Gilby quite a bit, mostly his non GNR stuff though...Izzy was the songwriting backbone in GNR IMO.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^Most definitely.I like Gilby,too.His Non GN'R stuff is great.Izzy's stuff is always great. :D

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow

Offline duffydack

• Straight Shooter
    • Duff Fans Forum
Good and you?

izzy was never a one man Gnr, and neither is Axl, even if he likes to think HE is Gnr..  its a band effort and to say otherwise is a kick in the teeth to Slash, duff and steven.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin

yes you missed out the fact that you are clearly a moron, and have your head shoved so far up your own ass that you've failed to notice guns n roses recently toured the world selling out shows on 4 continents. also getting great reviews for the vast majority of their shows.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

yes you missed out the fact that you are clearly a moron, and have your head shoved so far up your own ass that you've failed to notice guns n roses recently toured the world selling out shows on 4 continents. also getting great reviews for the vast majority of their shows.

No I was completely aware of a tribute band led by an egomaniac who THINKS he's Guns N Roses touring recently, and I'm also aware that most of us old enough to have seen the real thing were appalled...so he's fooling a bunch of kids who never saw the real thing, good for him. It's still a lie, no matter how many youngsters believe it.

Offline Just_Me

Actually, I don't know if this is representative of all the shows but one thing that really stood out for me when I saw them in Wembley was that I seemed to be one of the youngest there, and I was 21 at the time.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
hey now age has fuck all to do with it.

that's all I have to say.

*steps out*

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Actually, I don't know if this is representative of all the shows but one thing that really stood out for me when I saw them in Wembley was that I seemed to be one of the youngest there, and I was 21 at the time.

And not only that, all of those older people looked like they were enjoying it as much as anyone else.  Even during the new songs... though they didn't get as good as a reaction as the hits, but no new song does from any band.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

Just check the 'net, the folks defending Axl the most, claiming that this IS GNR because Axl says so are mostly born after AFD was released...which means if they ever saw the real band they were what, 5? I'm not saying the band doesn't rock, I'm sure it does. I'm not saying the shows aren't good, most of what I've read leads me to believe they're very good. They just AREN'T Guns N Roses. Guns N Roses was a great band, a unique bunch of characters that released one of the most perfect Rock and Roll records, at the perfect time, and went on to play a phenomenal bunch of killer, slightly dangerous rock n roll shows across the world before drugs, egos and stupidity tore them apart. Axl is an incredibly talented fellow, who is also obviously very troubled by insecurity...this is a solo act, or a new band if you actually believe he's not calling all the shots, and shouldn't be diminishing the legacy he built WITH Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and to a somewhat lesser degree Matt and Gilby. It's an embarrassment.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Good and you?

izzy was never a one man Gnr, and neither is Axl, even if he likes to think HE is Gnr..  its a band effort and to say otherwise is a kick in the teeth to Slash, duff and steven.

That is EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I'm sure Izzy wouldn't be happy playing with a band he felt was diminishing a legacy he helped build. ;)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
egos :roll:

what would Freud say about all this!?!?!?!

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
That the reason for the breakdown of their friendship is somehow deeply connected to their lustful feelings for their mothers?  It's what Freud said about everything. :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
EXACTLY!!!

*austrian accent*

So, vat ees de problem?

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
Just check the 'net, the folks defending Axl the most, claiming that this IS GNR because Axl says so are mostly born after AFD was released...

You'll probably find alot of fans who use forums for any band are of that approximate age. Age is irrelevant.

If you want to say younger fans are missing the point, its like saying older fans are stuck in the past. It works both ways, bringing the age of those with respective views as an attempt to justify one over the other is ridiculous.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:23:18 PM by JAC »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Pulling the age card never works.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

And there's really no need for name calling just because we disagree here Alan, if you wanna go ahead and support Axl, that's fine, I really don't care...in the big picture none of this really means a damn thing does it?