Author Topic: ???  (Read 10521 times)

Offline duffydack

• Straight Shooter
    • Duff Fans Forum
Gnr`s recent success touring i put down to, basically, being out of the picture for soooooo long, and for having a whole load of fans grow up in between that time to, well. become fans to wanna go see em.. and since they aint gonna see the old band, they`ll happily go see the nu band..  and why not, nothing wrong with it if axl pulls the old songs off stilll tho ive yet to see/hear a boot of any of the new stuff, done to "so called" studio quality.. im quite unimpressed with the "live" new stuff so far.
New stuff i like btw

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
whats up with GNR??? anything???
GNR ceased to exist in about 1996 or so...Axl occasionally goes out with a bunch of hired guns and diminishes the legacy a little further...rumors continue to swirl about a so called GNR record that has taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and has one original GNR member...did I leave anything out?

yes you missed out the fact that you are clearly a moron, and have your head shoved so far up your own ass that you've failed to notice guns n roses recently toured the world selling out shows on 4 continents. also getting great reviews for the vast majority of their shows.

And there's really no need for name calling just because we disagree here Alan

the name calling isn't because we disagree, it's about how you presented yourself in this section in a topic which you really had no cause to post in. the post was antagonistic, and moronic and from what you posted since (the age thing) i think i was also right about you having your head up your ass.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus
whats up with GNR??? anything???
GNR ceased to exist in about 1996 or so...Axl occasionally goes out with a bunch of hired guns and diminishes the legacy a little further...rumors continue to swirl about a so called GNR record that has taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and has one original GNR member...did I leave anything out?

yes you missed out the fact that you are clearly a moron, and have your head shoved so far up your own ass that you've failed to notice guns n roses recently toured the world selling out shows on 4 continents. also getting great reviews for the vast majority of their shows.

And there's really no need for name calling just because we disagree here Alan

the name calling isn't because we disagree, it's about how you presented yourself in this section in a topic which you really had no cause to post in. the post was antagonistic, and moronic and from what you posted since (the age thing) i think i was also right about you having your head up your ass.

So, when Mick Jagger tours with five new guys and calls it The Rolling Stones I can put you down for tix? My opinion is my opinion, and as a huge fan of Guns N Roses I have a right to post in a topic on them anytime I like. And the age thing may be irrelevent, but I know a shitload of people around my age who loved GNR and think what Axl is doing is slimy. I think I've stated my case quite clearly, and for you to retort with calling me a moron rather than an intelligent debate rather proves my point don't you think?

Offline duffydack

• Straight Shooter
    • Duff Fans Forum
Hmm
stolen without permission and i loved every second of it.. from Knac.com

Author of New Unauthorized Biography of Axl Rose on New GN'R Material: "Put It All Out Online"

Tim Brouk of Lafayette's daily newspaper Journal & Courier recently had a chat with British rock journalist Mick Wall who just released his new biography of Axl Rose in the U.S.

To many, Axl Rose is Lafayette's most famous native son.

Yet for the past 15 years, the Guns N' Roses frontman's music career has been surrounded by mystery and wonder.

A new book, W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose, by Mick Wall, attempts to reveal the reclusive singer's life and work that is often surrounded by controversy and drama. Is there still a Guns N' Roses? Will Rose's way-too-long anticipated album, Chinese Democracy, ever come out?

"Axl turned 46 last Wednesday (February 6)," said Wall from his country home outside of London. "The last time he released an album of original material he was 29. Now he is closer to 50. The Beatles' career started and was over in half that time."

Wall said Rose has "50 or 60 tracks recorded, enough for three or four CDs" and those leaked online or on bootlegs have been well-received from GNR fans.

"Officially put it out all online," Wall suggested. "Here it is. Take it or leave it. Then just move on. Put them out. It's a sign of madness that it has taken this long. It was kind of cool crazy in 2002 when he started to tour again. Now it's uncool crazy.

"The tracks I've heard, a lot of it is really good but the whole mystique is wearing away."

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Hmm
stolen without permission and i loved every second of it.. from Knac.com

haha :lol:

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
When it comes to Guns N' Roses (and Axl in particular), I don't listen to a word Mick Wall says.

Offline Just_Me

Actually, I don't know if this is representative of all the shows but one thing that really stood out for me when I saw them in Wembley was that I seemed to be one of the youngest there, and I was 21 at the time.

Just check the 'net, the folks defending Axl the most, claiming that this IS GNR because Axl says so are mostly born after AFD was released...which means if they ever saw the real band they were what, 5? I'm not saying the band doesn't rock, I'm sure it does. I'm not saying the shows aren't good, most of what I've read leads me to believe they're very good. They just AREN'T Guns N Roses. Guns N Roses was a great band, a unique bunch of characters that released one of the most perfect Rock and Roll records, at the perfect time, and went on to play a phenomenal bunch of killer, slightly dangerous rock n roll shows across the world before drugs, egos and stupidity tore them apart. Axl is an incredibly talented fellow, who is also obviously very troubled by insecurity...this is a solo act, or a new band if you actually believe he's not calling all the shots, and shouldn't be diminishing the legacy he built WITH Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and to a somewhat lesser degree Matt and Gilby. It's an embarrassment.
But none of that has anything at all to do with the age of the people at the shows.

I didn't say anything about whether this band is or is not really GNR (have a look through some other topics on this section for my opinion on that), I also didn't say anything about how good they are or are not.

All I said is it's not valid to claim that people only went to see them because they were too young to have seen the original band.

And the age of people defending them on the internet will always be biased because the fact is the majority of people on any internet forum will be in their teens and 20's. (There might be exceptions but that's true for the 20+ forums I'm a member of, regardless of their purpose.) Therefore the chances are the majority of people in any group within a forum will also be within those age brackets. There are however plenty of younger people who don't feel the new band can live up to the old one and plenty of older people who do.

If anything it'd make more sense to argue it the other way - people who have seen the old line-up will be comparing a real perfomance to another real performance, whereas people who haven't seen them will be comparing a real performance to what they imagine it would have been like, and I'd be very suprised if the real one stood a chance in hell of living up to their imagination.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:53:13 PM by Just_Me »

Offline wangmaster

• Gunslinger
  • I Don't Like Mondays.
Im certain it will come out this year because now it defies all logic to hold it longer.

amen.

EDIT: I dig the new band, but its just not Guns N' Roses. Simple as.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:18:48 AM by wangmaster »