Author Topic: 2008-04-01 - Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, The Netherlands  (Read 37535 times)

Offline kimberly

• Pea Gun Newbie
Scott sounded great during Sex Type Thing and Interstate Love Song, that's a very good sign for the STP tour.
Yeah, it looked like Scott was really enjoying himself while playing those, during Vasoline aswell

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
VR are the best live! me and my sis knew that back in 2005 when we got frontrow omfg amazing lol :lol: cool photos too!! your lucky you meet VR at that place you mentioned. looks like VR had a kickass end to the show with scott, and of course VR will keep going!

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
i do believe it was ace that helped sammy out......

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Did anyone get a good quality audio or video of this show?

it's something worth downloading as it's the last ever show with Scott.

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
i do believe it was ace that helped sammy out......

and why do you believe that?

(Just out of curiosity)

Offline RikandRoll

• Unloaded
Well, I had the pleasure of seeing them tuesday as well, along with wife and twelve year old daughter. It wasn't until we got back home we read on the web that it was the final gig in this line-up...
I won't bore you with info that others gave you allready like the setlist. The thing that struck me the most was the raw energy of Duff. The man was really the motor of the band that night! (along with Sorum, which savage drumming brought back memories of the late, great Cozy Powell)
I agree with the ones that critisized the sound. Guitars, bass and drums sounded good, but Scott's sound was awfull... Near the end of the show (just before It's so easy) we moved from the front (at the right) to the seatings because it all got a tad too much for the kid. I must say the overall sound back there was much better. Not very loud, but Scotts vocals were audible there.

I must say I was a little disapointed at the end, when the lights and taped music were turned on right after the final note of Slither. Considering the enthousiasm of the crowd I kind of expected another encore...

It was a great night and I really hate the fact that this was the last time :x

I wouldn´t know if they really should carry on without Scott Weiland. The man made too big a mark on the sound of VR to carry on with another singer. Since Scott is reuniting STP it may be a good thing if Slash, Duff and Matt have a little talk with the brilliant idiot from Indiana......
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:21:23 AM by RikandRoll »

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
Not telling  8)

with a pass...

could have done the same thing at brixton on the 25th but being in the crowd makes for a better show.

Offline Cheesy Poofs

• Target Practice
    • http://www.forum.bonjovi.nl
Did anyone get a good quality audio or video of this show?

it's something worth downloading as it's the last ever show with Scott.

There's an audio on Dime, but has bass distortion.
Hopefully more recordings will surface....
Bravo on the pictures by the way!

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
I noticed the audio on Dime, tried downloading it, but it doesn't work for me.
i'll see if anything else surfaces on Megaupload or something

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
Not telling  8)

with a pass...

could have done the same thing at brixton on the 25th but being in the crowd makes for a better show.

well said alan.....theres too many people follow this band because they think they are cool or just think "slash is sexy" kind of annoying really....go back to backstreet boys

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Well Said what exactly?

the band are cool, what's wrong with that? yes there are people out there that are like 'OMG OMG it' Slash' but even though i'm 17 doesn't mean i have to act that way. and i didn't

The guy who directed Get Out The Door was a cool guy, so was his dad, very nice people.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:10:52 PM by Sammy_dirty_little_thing »

Offline RikandRoll

• Unloaded
I noticed the audio on Dime, tried downloading it, but it doesn't work for me.
i'll see if anything else surfaces on Megaupload or something
I'm downloading it right now. When I'm finished I'll try to put it on RS.

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
thank you :D:D:D
you are a legend!!!

Offline sleazydream

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://www.sleazydream.tk
Saw the show also....it was tight as usual but I still think the third gig (Hammersmith Odeon 2005, the one with "5 to 1") I saw of them was the best.
I too missed them playing "Wish You Were Here"... a bummer.

And by the way, if nobody got what Scott said before "The Last Fight", and if my memory serves me right it was something like this: "We wrote this song and who would've guessed that it would come true in every single meaning. This is a song called The Last Fight".

cheers,
- Juhis

Offline didjtijn22

• Pea Gun Newbie

Finally, I got to see VR, and strange thing, it was also the last oppurtunity to see VR with Scott. I thought the sound quality was pretty good, I used earplugs and I stood 20 meters in front of the stage. Also I must say they are pro's, though there was little interaction between Scott and the band, I believe they gave their best.

could anyone read what was on Slash's T-shirt btw? something like: If I wanted to talk to an asshole I'd ............

here are some great pics!  http://www.mojo.nl/concertphotos/concertphotos.asp?cphid=249

Offline velvet viper

• Pea Gun Newbie

Finally, I got to see VR, and strange thing, it was also the last oppurtunity to see VR with Scott. I thought the sound quality was pretty good, I used earplugs and I stood 20 meters in front of the stage. Also I must say they are pro's, though there was little interaction between Scott and the band, I believe they gave their best.

could anyone read what was on Slash's T-shirt btw? something like: If I wanted to talk to an asshole I'd ............

here are some great pics!  http://www.mojo.nl/concertphotos/concertphotos.asp?cphid=249

"If I wanted to talk to an asshole I'd fart". At least, that's what I made of it based on the photos I took that night. You can check them out yourself at http://www.myspace.com/velvet_viper.

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
Great shots and thanks for share!

Offline didjtijn22

• Pea Gun Newbie

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
Great video mate!
Liked it so much!

Offline rock.freak667

• Gunslinger

That picture with Scott with the megaphone up in the air looks awesome...(one that stood out the most for me). But no pics of Matt?

Offline Lovebug2308

• Pea Gun Newbie
youtube compilation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uHrSGkxfoXs

Thanx, that's my vid  ;) That concert was awesome!
One of the best concerts I have ever been too, if not the best! Count me in when these guys are coming back.
Love 'em!