Author Topic: Idea for TSRTS section....  (Read 6389 times)

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
I've seen this done on i think mygnr at some point and it worked really well, and i can't recall it being done here

Basically, we can compile the Velvet Revolver Forum's all time Top 100 albums (excluding live/greatest hits albums)

Each poster posts their 5 favourite albums in no order (they're allowed to for a couple of weeks or a month or so) and i, or maybe a mod if they want to be in charge/team of people, can tally them all up and give a complete list of the top 100 albums according to Velvet Revolver fans.

Thought it might be fun but didn't want to start it without mods agreement etc

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Me first.

1.Appetite for Destruction-GN'R
2.Highway to Hell-AC/DC
3.Ashes of the Wake-Lamb of God
4.Shout at The Devil-Motley Crue
Since WE are on a VR Forum-
5.Contraband-Velvet Revolver

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Me first.

Since WE are on a VR Forum-
5.Contraband-Velvet Revolver

And, if we weren't.....................?  Then what?   :lol:

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
I have a funny feeling I could already make a pretty good guess at the top 10 and I'd even be willing to put money on what will be number 1 but it sounds like fun anyway. :D

Only problem is picking just 5 albums..... :?

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
I know its hard, but ten would be ridiculous for tallying!

I'll start the thread then.

Didn't really want to start it without people being willing to do it, would seem a bit pointless that way  :lol:

EDIT: http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg662941#new
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 09:31:19 AM by JAC »

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
3. The Who "Live at Leeds"

- Greatest Hits/Live Albums do not count
Just sayin.

My picks may or may not make the top whatever but these are the CD's that get continual play...or I can't live without them. And it's DAMN hard to pick just 5!  :P

1: Core-STP
2: Deconstruction-Deconstruction
3: Nevermind the bollocks-Sex Pistols
4: Rocket to Russia-The Ramones
5: Nothing's Shocking-Jane's Addiction

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
1. Rage Against the Machine-Rage Against the Machine
2. Faith No More-Angel Dust
3. Velvet Revolver-Contraband
4. Stone Temple Pilots-Core
5. Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand

It was difficult! Had to exclude some Jane's Addiction, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Ratt!

I think all VR/STP albums should be excluded because they'll obviously come pretty high? Am I right?  :P And a Top 10 would be much better :wink: but good thread.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
It was difficult! Had to exclude some White Zombie

I know...that killed me  :(

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
I think its interesting to see where VR/GNR/STP will chart. As most people probably prefer a GNR or STP album to a VR album. But then a VR album probably has a more personal high placing for a lot of people.

They'll probably be disproportionately high but so be it.

Also, everyone has to narrow it down to five! I know its hard! Quit your belly aching people!  :lol:

I felt guilty leaving off STP, AC/DC, Aerosmith.....so many bands, but thats the way it goes  :D

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
You know maybe you should exclude any VR/GnR/STP from the list. This way it's a list of other music we all like and have in our CD/itunes collection.

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
I guess, i was going to consider it but wasn't sure how disproportionate it'd be.....plus then you'd all have to start again!

I'll ask a mod to delete it and re-start the thread and i'll post the new rules.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:44:47 AM by JAC »

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
Well you know the GnR fans will put a GnR album on there's and so will a STP fan and every other poster will pick a VR CD.  :lol:

I'll happily go back and edit mine and take out Core. I was having a tough time picking just 5 anyway!  :P

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
I think it'll be easiest if i re-start the thread to be honest, otherwise i'll get confused tallying it and so on. I pm'd Sverre about it, hopefully i'll have it sorted by tonight.

I really liked the thread idea but knew i'd mess it up somehow  :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
 :wave:  Hello.  Allow me to introduce myself... :P

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
Meh. I failed.

One day i'll get the balls to try something interesting again, and i'll think of this day and make sure i do not make the same mistakes.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
This is the fearless leader of the Dave Kushner forum too  :shock: :lol:

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhh, it's fine. Just get someone to delete the damn thing and start over. It'll give me a chance to include something else  :D

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
Merged the discussion about the rules with this thread (so I could voice my opinion :P).

Personally, I don't see the need to exclude VR/GNR/STP albums. It's top 100, so the final selection should be varied enough either way...

Don't listen too much at what I and others say though. This is your idea, and now that you have the chance to start afresh, just go for the rules you are most comfortable with, Jared.

Offline Pabloray

• Pea Gun Newbie
GNR - afd
Van Halen - I
Dream Theater - Images And Words
STP - Purple
Velvet Revolver - Contraband