Author Topic: a question for profesional/semi-profesional musicians about dif. basses equali  (Read 3277 times)

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
Hello, i have a question for some of you. Hope you can help me.
I have a head (the gallien and krueger 1001 rb -similar to the one duff uses) conected to 4x10. My bass is an unexpensive ibanez but i'm gonna buy a new and much better one in a month or so. My question is for the players that use various/diferent basses with the same head. I'd like to know what you do when you connect diferent basses on the head. Do you change the equalization of the head? in case you do it, for example if you use fender and musicman for different songs when you change the bass you change a lot the equalization? I'm really interested on this one because i'm gonna buy a musicman but i'd like to get an fender aerodyne in a near future and i'd like to know what do the people in that case do -people usin' diferent basses with the same amp-. The main problem i'm afraid is about the live thing, the soundcheck and that kind of things. I suppose in the studio or the local is not a  problem but to do gigs/soundcheks i'd like to know what do you do.
Thanks in advance.
I appreciate all your opinions
 :wave:

Thanks and Keep on rockin' guys  8)

:beer:

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
I dunno. I had two les pauls before and sold one. MY first one because it sucked. I usually left the EQ the same. But had to lower the volume because my epiphone pups were much much hotter than my knock off LP. Therefore it'd be a tad louder. But I had the volume set for Gt.1 which is my ep, and Gt.2 and I had peices of tape.

But now I too am in the market for a new guitar but wont get one for awhile...
Either a strat or a gibby.

Your question is bass. But I wouldnt see how it'd be different. Of course other basses will sound different. It's all up to you I suppose. Most times professional bands have mixing boards and people to run them to add or take away EQ. But I dunno if you have that, if you do then you shouldnt really have a problem. My brother has 3 basses and he doesnt touch his amp at all except for volume at some times. Of course he has one bass tuned to standard, drop d, and 1/2 step down.

Do you mic when you play live? Cause you could have the guy who's controlling the mix fine tune your tone for different basses right? Where as we play un miced cause we're not playing huge venues.

Hope I could help?

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
I dunno. I had two les pauls before and sold one. MY first one because it sucked. I usually left the EQ the same. But had to lower the volume because my epiphone pups were much much hotter than my knock off LP. Therefore it'd be a tad louder. But I had the volume set for Gt.1 which is my ep, and Gt.2 and I had peices of tape.

But now I too am in the market for a new guitar but wont get one for awhile...
Either a strat or a gibby.

Your question is bass. But I wouldnt see how it'd be different. Of course other basses will sound different. It's all up to you I suppose. Most times professional bands have mixing boards and people to run them to add or take away EQ. But I dunno if you have that, if you do then you shouldnt really have a problem. My brother has 3 basses and he doesnt touch his amp at all except for volume at some times. Of course he has one bass tuned to standard, drop d, and 1/2 step down.

Do you mic when you play live? Cause you could have the guy who's controlling the mix fine tune your tone for different basses right? Where as we play un miced cause we're not playing huge venues.

Hope I could help?

thanks