Author Topic: Favourite Athlete  (Read 6493 times)

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
Who is your favourite athlete and why?

I think historically it's Muhammed Ali for me. He had a great charismac and he is the greates boxer of all time.
Diego Maradona would also be up there but he wasn't too dedicated.

Currently, my favourite athlete has to be Ryan Giggs. He's a great football (soccer) player. He always remains out of the spotlight, keeping his profile low, and is a perfect role model for the youth of today. Even in his younger days he never went out and partied like crazy, unlike most footballers today.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
Willie Mays.

I wish I could have seen him play for NY Giants back in the day! He could do it all.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
Steve Prefontaine

He was a relentless runner who wanted to give every ounce of energy he had every single time he was out there.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Darrent Williams.

He played cornerback for the Denver Broncos until he was murdered around 2 am last New Years. He led the team and was only a 2nd year player. Was in his very early 20s and was already spending his paychecks on charities.

Don't know about you all, but that sounds like the model athlete to me: Decent guy outside of the game, great player inside the game...taken too soon.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
Randy Moss, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Stallworth, and Rocky Marciano

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Dude^^You were/are wrong to list anybody from the Patriots :? j/k :lol: I really don't have an athlete that I absolutely admire.I admire ALL who can fulfill their dreams.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
Mike Hussey- Aussie Cricketer, this guys just oozes skill and dominates, test average second only to bradman, and previously had the highest ever one day average

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite

Currently, my favourite athlete has to be Ryan Giggs. He's a great football (soccer) player. He always remains out of the spotlight, keeping his profile low, and is a perfect role model for the youth of today. Even in his younger days he never went out and partied like crazy, unlike most footballers today.

I agree, although i think Paul Scholes probably just edges him out, although for similar reasons.

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!

I agree, although i think Paul Scholes probably just edges him out, although for similar reasons.

Yeah I thought Scholes but he has had some red cards that I can remember especially attempted punch at Anfield last season. I can't remember last time Giggs had a red card  :? Apart from that I agree that they're both very similar.

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child
my favorite is brett farve because the man has alot of experince getting his recievers down field and making big play's . i hope he will retire with at least 2 superbowl wins within the coming years.

Offline let_it_fede

• Gunslinger
  • i was born the same day of slash!
    • www.myspace.com/let_it_fede
my favourite athlets is GENNARO GATTUSO of a.c milan! it's one of my heroes because he got an unbelivable brave and a power that just few soccer players got!

Offline jack_lives_here

• Sniper Assassin
  • I got some genuine imitation bad apples...
Mike Hussey- Aussie Cricketer, this guys just oozes skill and dominates, test average second only to bradman, and previously had the highest ever one day average

Mr. Cricket!!!!!!! i love watchin Hussey bat. great technique, great shot selection and makes runs no matter what the situation. real reliable, consistent cricketer. his brother should be in the side too.

surprised he hasn't got a mention yet: Michael Jordan. greatest basketballer, no exception. the athleticism, the skills and the unwavering hunger to win.

Lance Armstrong deserves a mention too. 7 consecutive Tour de France titles, not to mention almost dying of cancer beforehand. inspiring stuff.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:29:02 PM by jack_lives_here »

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin

Offline jack_lives_here

• Sniper Assassin
  • I got some genuine imitation bad apples...
Rocky Balboa

:lol: someone just had to be silly, didn't they?  :D

what was Charlie Sheen's character's name in Major League? now there was an outstanding sportsman!