Author Topic: Sat 2/2/07-Velvet Revolver confirmed for Super Bowl party  (Read 10812 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/nightlife/articles/1130sb-buzz1202.html

http://www.944game.com/village.html

Velvet Revolver, Paul Oakenfold, REO Speedwagon & more confirmed for Super Bowl parties
Megan Finnerty
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 30, 2007 12:00 AM
The music scene surrounding Super Bowl XLII continues to firm up, with several big names confirmed for the 944 Super Bowl Village in Old Town Scottsdale.

The Valley-based nightlife-lifestyle magazine's bash will take place at the Stetson Canal Project near SouthBridge.

The Goo Goo Doll are rumored to be headlining the Village kickoff party Thursday, Jan. 29, performing all the songs you know by heart but never remember really liking, such as Slide, Black Balloon and Iris, you know, the song from City of Angels with Meg Ryan.

Former Fugees frontman Wyclef Jean will headline the lineup on Friday, Feb. 1.

He performed with fellow former Fugee Pras this fall at Phoenix Fashion Week, but you may know him better from his duo with Shakira on Hips Don't Lie, or his November single Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill). He'll take the stage after DJ Vice and the bongo-playing wunderkind Ravi Drums.

The night of Saturday, Feb. 2, Kriss Kross will make you Jump, Jump. (If that doesn't jog your memory, recall that in the early '90s, the Atlanta-based rap duo was famous for wearing their clothes backwards.)

They'll be followed by Juliette and the Licks. That's Juliette Lewis, the actress from The Other Sister and Natural Born Killers.

She and her band do several things well: play playful dance rock, generate lots of glossy magazine press and wear spandex ironically.

Next up is rock supergroup Velvet Revolver, which is fronted by former Stone Temple Pilot and rehab success story Scott Weiland. Rounding out the band are three former members of Guns N' Roses - Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum - along with Dave Kushner of the '80s punk band Wasted Youth.

Velvet Revolver's The Last Night single did well this fall on adult contemporary radio and VH1, but much of their latest album, Libertad, is filled with actual shredding rock.

The night will wrap up with superstar DJ Paul Oakenfold, who you'll remember from his Faster Kill Pussycat single with Brittany Murphy last year, among other dance hits.

The shows are expected to run from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., and tickets will be available soon online at 944.com.

During the day, the Village will be home to NFL memorabilia sales, ESPN radio and NFL network broadcasting.

We've also heard that the Saturday Night Spectacular party at the Scottsdale Galleria with John Travolta and Marshal Fox will host REO Speedwagon as the night's headliner.

The long-lived group is famous for such hits as Keep on Loving You, Can't Fight This Feeling and Time for Me to Fly.

Friday night at the same venue, Carmen Electra's Leather & Laces party will host Sugar Ray, with frontman Mark McGrath, who used to sing but is now more famous for being a host on the Hollywood gossip show Extra.

The band will perform hits like Fly, Every Morning and Someday.

Lastly, it's just been confirmed that the ESPN television network will be broadcasting from Stetson Plaza at SouthBridge. That's the public area at the end of the new canal bridge, opposite Cowboy Ciao.

The newscasters will be there for the 10 days leading up to the Super Bowl, broadcasting from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:18:43 PM by IN UTERO »

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
"The Last Night"?

People seriosuly have to get that songs name right.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^Yeah,I noticed that BUT I was happy that Dave actually got mentioned for once.

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
they can't do The australian Tour (apparently due to some health problems in any/some band members) but can do this. They should explain more details about this.
People (as me now) could think that they (the band/their management/record label separetely or togueter) decided it was better this Superbowl thing to promocionate them than the aussie tour  :? :? :?  I can be wrong, It's only my point of view but i find this news a little bit suspicious. what do you think about?

Sorry for my english

Peace and Keep on rockin'

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
The Superbowl takes place in February...

~simba_317

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
they can't do The australian Tour (apparently due to some health problems in any/some band members) but can do this. They should explain more details about this.
People (as me now) could think that they (the band/their management/record label separetely or togueter) decided it was better this Superbowl thing to promocionate them than the aussie tour  :? :? :?  I can be wrong, It's only my point of view but i find this news a little bit suspicious. what do you think about?

Sorry for my english

The health promblems mustn't be mencioned, cause we all know that's not is the true. If they said that is a reschedule for work together the Japan and the Asustralian tour, things become better.

Maybe they are start to promote the album right now...

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin

Sorry for my english

The health promblems mustn't be mencioned, cause we all know that's not is the true. If they said that is a reschedule for work together the Japan and the Asustralian tour, things become better.

Maybe they are start to promote the album right now...

Yours is a good point of view. I still hope this album get the credit it deserves

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
yes  yes yes not only will my favorite team be there but my favorite band.

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
By the way....Super bowl without Aerosmith?

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
By the way....Super bowl without Aerosmith?
I mean Velvet Revolver and i ment one of my Many many favorite bands

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
A couple of good acts there... Goo Goo Dolls, Wyclef, Juliette & The Licks and obviously VR.
But Kriss Kross?  I saw them open for Michael Jackson in 92... I'd hoped they'd disappeared into the abyss forever after that tour, as I'd never heard from them again.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
Do they still dress the same way? That's all I want to know.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
I hope not considering they are almost 30  :lol:

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
am i the only one excited for REO Speedwagon too, there awsome.

Offline Pabloray

• Pea Gun Newbie
Anyone know what happened with this? :P