Author Topic: 2007-12-29 - Sovereign Bank Arena, Trenton, NJ, USA  (Read 47970 times)

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Got the tickets today!  Can't wait.  We should plan to do a meet up before the show!

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
We may try the 449. Going right now to check out their website, if I can find it :?.

Offline hdgurl

• Pea Gun Newbie
From the Sovereign Bank Arena site:

Sick Puppies Just Added!
Even if you don’t know Sydney, Australia's modern rock trio Sick Puppies, you’ve probably seen their groundbreaking “Free Hugs,” video, which has garnered more than 11 million views on YouTube since it started streaming on the site last year. The band’s North American debut, Dressed Up As Life, was released in April of 2007. “The songs are a combination of all of our influences, from Rage Against the Machine to Green day, mixed in with our own style,” says bassist Emma Anzai.

http://www.sovereignbankarena.com/events/details/?id=131

Offline peronim

• Pea Gun Newbie
Still have an extra floor ticket..will take best offer   Center section 2... 11 rows from the stage!!!

Offline Stevai

• Straight Shooter
Got my tickets yesterday. The envelope looked like junk mail.  :shock:

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
LOL..yeah there wasn't a receipt or anything.  Just two tickets in a barely marked envelope.  Oh well, least I got them!

Offline OceanMuzik

• Straight Shooter
does anyone have a PAIR of tix for sale?

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Anyone else notice that the seating arrangement for this show has been downsized into half-arena set up?  That sucks.. hope it is selling decent enough.

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I saw that Shaggy. I'm guess with the holidays plus they were around quite the tri state area alot this summer it might be a hard ticket to sell. Not to us die hard fans of course, but the general concert goer.

Going to try to figure a place to go before Sat show sometime this week. Have to give a call around.

Offline Casper

• Gunslinger
I think I'm in section 4. Is this seats or standing room with sections divided by guard rails?

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Casper..I am fairly certain that it will be seated.  As I think the tickets would've suggested SRO or GA for each section.  However, they list specific seats.  I am in ROW 3, SECTION 1..so hopefully it isn't GA cause I want to chillax before the show without worryin about a good spot.

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
It's definitly a seated concert. I've talked to someone at the venue asking a seating question.

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
It's definitly a seated concert. I've talked to someone at the venue asking a seating question.

And we'll have good pics from it? hahahahahaha

Offline peronim

• Pea Gun Newbie
EXTRA TICKET FOR SALE  11 rows from stage   only a few days left!!!

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I'm going to try my best Lady Hudson! :? The last few shows security has been a pain,  but  we'll be in the second row :( this time around so it should be easier. :D

Offline OceanMuzik

• Straight Shooter
EXTRA TICKET FOR SALE  11 rows from stage   only a few days left!!!

only 1?

Offline Stevai

• Straight Shooter
Does security here let you take in a camera?

Offline peronim

• Pea Gun Newbie
LAST CHANCE!!!!Yea i only have one extra ticket..selling for 70 bucks...11 rows from stage in the center and selling for face value plus the extra fees they add on is a steal considering the outrageous prices people are selling them for on stubhub...LAST CHANCE!!!! I WILL MEET AT THE ARENA BEFORE THE SHOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN BUYIN THE TICKET...LET ME KNOW!!!!

Offline Curtis1158

• Target Practice
Anyone know who the opening act is and what time VR goes on?

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Opening band is Sick Puppies.  Doors open at 7:30.  Figure the Puppies play 45 minutes.  VR comes at 9:30 I would imagine.

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
So I took a short trip over to the venue today to check it out and see where I'd be parking. In true Trenton fashion, it's basically next door to a jail. Adds that extra element of danger, I'll say. ;-)

Offline hdgurl

• Pea Gun Newbie
It should be okay... Remember, criminals try to stay away from jail! ;)

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
****I have an extra ticket for the show tonight. It is a single in the 7th row seat 1. $30 bucks will take it.  Anyone interested pm me and I'll meet you tonight.  You would have to be there early since I am doing the M&G and have to be there by 6. I'll be checking back around 3 so leave me a cell phone number with your pm so I can get hold of you.

Offline Curtis1158

• Target Practice
Just back from Trenton. Will write more tomorrow after some rest. But the short version is:
Crowd was tiny.
Sound and lighting sucked
Scott seemed off a bit-didn't seem to have the range tonight on the high end amd missed his cue a few times.
Scott not as active. Sang his heart out though. May have had a cold (me just guessing) Fully clothed the entire show (that could be the tip off)
Played American Man. Mr Brownstone back in.
Set Me Free without the solos in the middle.

Good night.

Offline blackraven

• Pea Gun Newbie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackrvn/sets/72157603577910350/

All in all, I had a blast...  Seeing Slash up close & in person made it worth it regardless of anything else.  Scott looked, well, worn.  But as mentioned above, gave it his all and hung in there.  Took a bunch of cell phone shots, the best ones posted on Flickr (see above)...enjoy!