Author Topic: 2007-12-31 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City, NY, USA  (Read 42608 times)

Offline iamloco724

• Unloaded
a few questions about the hammerstein show...is the show going to be untill the ball drops? and if its like other years where you guy say they dont start playing till 12 whats going on from 915 on?  is there an open bar or anything else for this show?

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
I can tell you...
There is NO open bar.

This is a actual venue not a club that has bands like Starland.

Offline luvnduff

• Target Practice
Your password is always the same. I just used my password to get my tickets for trenton and it worked fine. It's seats unfortunately, no GA :(

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
WOW!!I am jealous of all going to this glorious event!Then I read on the official homepage that they are doing Meet and Greets.That's cool!PLUS,If You participate in the M&G that you are given exclusive New Year's T-Shirt plus guitar pics.....You lucky Bastards! I hope that everybody enjoys the show! :beer: :headbanger: :yes: :love: :slash: :smoking: :drooling: :smitten:

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I can't make the New Years eve show so if anyone is interested in them I have them on Ebay starting at $100 for both or "buy it now" for $175 8o Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&i tem=180189936775&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

If anyone from here buys them, I'll ship them for free :)

Offline huqleberry

• Pea Gun Newbie
ugh I am torn... Don't know if I should go or not.  Last year at the Starland it suckedddddddddd.  Not the show... but the in between bs

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
They didn't play Starland last NYE. It was NYE 05. I was there, it didn't "suck".

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent
I have seen VR 7 times now... I was at the last NYE show.. While I wouldn't say it sucked but it definately was my least favorite of the bunch.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
exactly....
it wasn't the WORST I've ever seen. But it wasn't the best.

Offline slimshady26

• Pea Gun Newbie
Great..  just got an email that starting at 12pm today, Live Nation is selling the tickets for this show at $40 a pop.

Sucks for all of us suckers that got them at $100 each.

I'm surprised that they couldn't sell out the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on NYE.

Offline mrbrownstone78

• Pea Gun Newbie
i just checked ticketmaster and it seems like those $40 tickets are for 2nd level mezz seats, not floor.  that makes me feel a little better since i'd have never bought tickets for that section.

Offline Raiders77

• Unloaded
I am selling my 2 General Admission Floor tickets to Velvet Revolver at the Hammerstein Ballroom on 12/31 for only $70 each ($140 total). I paid $231.08 total so you will save $91.08 instead of buying from Ticketmaster. They are "hard" tickets and I will give you my Ticketmaster receipt to prove that they are authentic. Because they are General Admission Floor tickets you can be close to the stage if you get there early. Doors open at 9:15 PM. I can't go because I have to work early on New Years Day. Please contact me at (718) 644-5973 or at ptsm48@aol.com. Thank you. I live in Manhattan and can meet you anywhere in the city.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 02:05:29 PM by Raiders77 »

Offline huqleberry

• Pea Gun Newbie
They didn't play Starland last NYE. It was NYE 05. I was there, it didn't "suck".

Wow, I'm losing track of time... 2 years ago I guess.  The VR performance was excellent and I had a blast.  But I could have gotten there at 11:45 and would have watched the same show.

Everything before the show was lame... the dancers... the open bar.  I guess some people enjoy that  but it would have been nice if there was an opening band or something. I mean $100 for a show in Sayersville NJ????

Offline toysintheattic

• Target Practice
i just opened up my christmas present from my mum and boyfriend and sister i got 2 tickets to the show, 2 bus tickets to get there, and $100 for spending yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Very cool toysintheattic! 8) Have a blast at the show!

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!

Offline mrbrownstone78

• Pea Gun Newbie
so they are probably going on at midnight according to that link

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
is anyone gonna be recording the show......i am right in thinking sirius is broadcasting the show right???

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
so they are probably going on at midnight according to that link

I hope not. I hope they'll be joining the concert for the broadcast...as in the concert was already in progress.

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
I was just browsing and found this:

http://www.timessquarenyc.org/nye/nye_events.html

"11:18 p.m. to 11:26 p.m. (and 11:50 p.m. to 11:55 p.m.) - Velvet Revolver performs on the Pontiac Garage Stage atop the setback roof @ Two Times Square." 

Is this going to be part of the televised coverage of the night's events in NYC as well as the Sirius coverage (which I don't yet have)?  That would be so cool!!!  This could turn the revelry up a notch this year for those of us living half-way across the country!  (And how can they be in two places @ the same time?)

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
There must be something else going on TV because I got a myspace bulletin from Lenny Kravitz saying something like the first 20 NYC fans to respond to the bulletin get to take part in some performance he's doing down in Times Square. BUT it was early like around 6:30 or 8:30 or something. So they must be taping something to be shown on TV and I guess VR will be live.

Ok on edit I looked at the link....
This should prove to be interesting  :shock: Considering the "timeline"
WTF?
Oh and I loved the end:
12:15 a.m.

End of Show

Which translates into "get the fuck out"  :lol: Anyone who has ever done NYE in Times Square knows as soon as the ball drops and the confetti clears the NYPD and the Sanitation Dept tells you to leave. NOW.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 10:41:24 AM by Peebs »

Offline Bellis45

• Unloaded
Wait.... so how is VR playing in Times Square, when i'm supposedly watching them play at Hammerstein at the same time.  I got an email stating they were going on stage at Hammerstein at 10:45, so I'm really confused and frustrated.  I really don't want to sit at Hammerstein for 3 hours waiting for them.  Anyone know more info?

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
10:45...I don't think so. According to that times square events site they need to put on jettison packs and fly the 8 blocks back to Hammerstein.

So yes we will probably be standing around, doing nothing but drinking again.....AND if your a smoker, Hammerstein makes no provisions for you to step outside to smoke. No hand stamp, no "pen" nothing.

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
Damn, i dont wana wait till 12....btw, cops aint kickin no one out...when i saw AOA at Bowery it went well past 12..into 1 am....Does anyone know if theres an opening band?? i dont wana stand around and watch shit like in 05...or even softcore strippers for that matter.

Good thing theres no open bar so people wont be completely shitfaced in 05...that wasa pisser all in itself.