Author Topic: JACK'S BACK IN 24 PREQUEL THIS FALL  (Read 11721 times)

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:52:48 PM by Alan »

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
woah thank you heaps Alan

IM ASSUMING EVERYONE HAS SEEN SEASON 6 WHEN I WRITE THIS SO IF YOU HAVEN'T THERE COULD BE A FEW SPOILERS INVOLVED IN MY POST

so what we know
  • Jack is on trial for saving America for the 5th (S1 didnt really count) time in a row
  • Jack now has season 1 and 2 long hair again
  • Everyone's second favourite Tony Almeida seems to be like Jack and can't actually die, remember when he got shot in the neck from close range and survived in about S3 or 4
  • Bill and Chloe are working together somehwere, probably the FBI or similar, CTU has been disbanded
  • The new president is a female, and im pretty much going to assume she has never heard of Jack's heroics
  • Tony seems to be the main villain this season, but anything could happen, and he could actually be doing the country some good, also the footage we have seen is likely to only be from the first 1 or 2 episodes as was the case with S6 trailer, so lots more can and will happen
  • Jack Bauer rocks my socks

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
i'm glad CTU got disbanded, storylines involving it were getting far too stupid.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
And making a definitely very dead character - who was Jack's best friend - the lead villain isn't stupid?

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
And making a definitely very dead character - who was Jack's best friend - the lead villain isn't stupid?

we dont know he is the villain, he is just made out to be, he probably has a very good reason

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin

jack was "dead" once too.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS

jack was "dead" once too.

twice

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
my memory sucks, doesn't help some bitch i used to work with still has 2 of my 24 box sets.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
my memory sucks, doesn't help some bitch i used to work with still has 2 of my 24 box sets.

haha, u best get em back
the two times he died was season 4 when he faked his death at the end and his heart stopped beating for a while
and the other time was season 2 or 3 when he was being tortured and his heart stopped for a bit, but they eventually got it working again

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Difference is, Tony died in CTU and they never rescusitated him.  And if they had, Jack would've known about it so he wouldn't be so shocked to find out that he's alive.  The whole idea of bringing him back is just idiotic.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
they will have some reason as to why he didnt die, he was stabbed by a needle, there is the chance that his heart stopped for a while and he somehow survived obviously, they didnt show the recusitation because jack went off chasing christopher henderson straight away, its not like he was shot in the head or nything (although it has happened before and he didnt die then)

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
    • My blog: Wow, you're tall.
tony is my favorite character, and it is a pleasant surprise to see he has returned. i was surprised to see he was alive, though. but whether he's playing good or evil this season, i'm sure i'll still like his character.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
tony is my favorite character, and it is a pleasant surprise to see he has returned. i was surprised to see he was alive, though. but whether he's playing good or evil this season, i'm sure i'll still like his character.

amen, cept hes my second favourite behind jack lol, no one beats jack and his pure awesomeness

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
24's New Season Put On Hold

The clock has stopped on "24," at least for now.

Jack Bauer's seventh mission has been delayed for the foreseeable future, as Fox announced Wednesday that "24" won't be back until the network can air the entire season, uninterrupted.

"The viewers have told us that this is a show that needs to be digested with minimal, if any, interruptions," said Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman.

The "24" preemption is one of several tweaks to Fox's midseason lineup as the net became the first to reveal a full-fledged strike-induced schedule change.

"We've got a plan to keep Fox vibrant right through May sweep and beyond," Beckman said. "We had to make some tough decisions quickly for a variety of reasons."

What the delay means for "24" is still up in the air. The show could conceivably start later in the spring, should the Writers Guild strike be resolved. But the delay could mean that "24" will miss the year entirely and shift its seventh cycle to the 2008-09 TV season.

The "24" showrunners were among the pickets outside Disney on Wednesday morning; production, however, continues on the episodes for which there are scripts -- including shoots that are ongoing through Friday in Washington, D.C. Production on episodes seven and eight are expected to continue until early December.

In place of "24," the new skein "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" will move up to 9 p.m. effective Jan. 14 (after an hour-long premiere on Sunday, Jan. 13), while "Prison Break" -- originally slated to go on hiatus come January -- will stick with its 8 p.m. slot until March.

In order to air original "Prison Break" segs in winter, net will pull the show off the sked after Nov. 12 and rest it, filling the slot with "House" repeats.

After original "Prison Break" and "Terminator" segs run out, new reality skein "When Women Rule the World" rolls into the 8 p.m. slot on March 10, followed by repeats of "House."

"House" will also remain in its Tuesday 9 p.m. spot (behind "American Idol") until April 1, when "Hell's Kitchen" returns.

"What's frustrating to us is look how well we were doing on Tuesday nights," Beckman said. "This was our big night. As much as we would have liked to keep 'House' there, circumstances have forced us to make a decision.

"We've been preparing for this for months and started production on 'Hell's Kitchen' early in anticipation of a work stoppage," Beckman said. "We feel this is a show that deserves a shot to go to the next level."

"House" will continue to serve as a major utility player for Fox, however. Besides the Tuesday and Monday airings, show will also air Fridays at 9 p.m. in January and much of February.

A special "House" seg, guest starring Mira Sorvino, is still set to air after the Super Bowl on Feb. 3.

"Interestingly, 'House' will get more exposure in the first quarter of 2008 than it normally gets," Beckman said.

On Wednesdays, net will bow lie detector-themed reality skein "The Moment of Truth" at 9 p.m., behind the "Idol" results show, on Jan. 23. Then, on March 12, "Moment of Truth" will slide to 8, followed by "Idol" at 9 and "Back to You" at 9:30.

Then there's Fridays, where the sked will rotate every few weeks: As already announced, "Bones" repeats head to 8 p.m. starting Jan. 4; on Feb. 22, new skein "New Amsterdam" replaces "House" repeats at 9. Then on March 7, half-hours "'Til Death" and "The Return of Jezebel James" take on the 8 and 8:30 slots. And on April 11, "Canterbury's Law" will replace "Amsterdam" at 9.

One more change: New laffer "Unhitched" will take over "American Dad's" Sunday night 9:30 slot for six weeks starting March 2.

New sked is locked if the strike continues; if there's a resolution and scripted fare returns, however, "We can unscramble the egg," Beckman said.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
I don't think those writers have any reason to go on strike after the last season of 24. 

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
money perhaps?
its nothing to do with what they can and cant do, its how much they are getting paid, i know for a fact that the prison break writers are in the strike as well, so hopefully it all gets resolved, considering that PB and 24 are my two favourite shows

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
Everyone is in on the strike. The writers only get paid a relatively small amount upfront and never see any of the money from downloads or DVD sales. That's what they are striking for. It's not really too much to ask, considering how much these networks make off of the product.

Offline Lady Contraband

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • We've been dancing with Mr. Brownstone...
Curiosity??? Is anyone here a fan of 24?? With Kiefer Sutherland? Its one of my favourite tv dramas! Well, I am just in LOVE with Kiefer Sutherland, who plays Jack Bauer, *sigh* my hero!! I can hardly wait for the 7th season to air in the fall!! The last season was so good. Like they say, "The nonstop season continues"! Yeah! Onto the next season, I can hardly believe that the 7th season is getting ready to begin! Man time flys!! Well anyways! If your a fan, let me know, I would love to get to know you!

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
$100 says im a bigger fan than you
there is already a thread on this btw

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Before season 7, there is a television movie airing in November involving Jack stuck in a military coup in Africa.  Looks like it could be cool.
At the San Diego Comic Con, one of the executive producers of the show actually said that bringing Tony back was probably a sign of their desperation.  As much as I love the show, and the character, and as disappointed as I was when he died in Season Five, I still think that it's a stupid idea to bring him back.

Offline Lady Contraband

• Pea Gun Newbie
$100 says im a bigger fan than you
there is already a thread on this btw

I doubt it!! And I'm new, and haven't gotten a chance to go through every thread yet! Give me a chance. And how to you mean, bigger fan?? Of just the show or the show and Kiefer Sutherland put together? Cause if its the show and Kiefer together I would be the bigger fan!! Not to be competitive or anything. :)

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
ill let you have keifer, but i get the show and jack bauer

Offline Lady Contraband

• Pea Gun Newbie
BTW, its spelled K I E F E R, Not, K E I F E R! Not to be rude, but it pisses me off when people spell his name wrong. Uh, ok, I'll take Kiefer, but Jack Bauer is hard to let go of!!

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Oh yea well I'm a kiefer fan too.  I even smoked some kief before I saw the movie The Sentinal  :) 

As for the next season of 24, I think it will probbaly suck.  It is past it's prime now. Luckily I started late and I have Season 2 on DVD at my house that I have been saving for a rainy day. 

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Yeah... Season Six didn't impress me at all.  The first few episodes were incredible, and then it just got worse from that point onwards.  But then I didn't like Season Four, either.  Seasons Two and Five are the best, I think.