Author Topic: Dave Kirschner  (Read 26520 times)

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
It's a typo. 

Think of it this way, whoever actually typed it maybe had to ask someone "what's the name of the other guitarist in VR?"  Then whoever he or she asked was eating something and said "Dave Kushner".  Now, put something in your mouth and try saying Kushner.  DO IT.  You'll find that you'll say "Kirschner".  So that might have happened  :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it's definitely just a typo.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
u could just email dave n ask....

Offline Sam_So Fine

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Smart Twin!
So you all going to make Slash suffer by not buying his autobiography because there is that one little typo?... that he had nothing to do with. It is who ever typed the finished product fault, not Slash's. It is a really great autobiography and Slash put his heart and soul into this project and once you read you see that right away. So please don't miss out on a good thing because of one little typo. I am sure Dave knows, and is probably laughing, who knows?

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
So you all going to make Slash suffer by not buying his autobiography because there is that one little typo?... that he had nothing to do with. It is who ever typed the finished product fault, not Slash's. It is a really great autobiography and Slash put his heart and soul into this project and once you read you see that right away. So please don't miss out on a good thing because of one little typo. I am sure Dave knows, and is probably laughing, who knows?

sorry if i came across as serious
im definately buying it lol
i was just being a dick

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
It's a typo. 

Think of it this way, whoever actually typed it maybe had to ask someone "what's the name of the other guitarist in VR?"  Then whoever he or she asked was eating something and said "Dave Kushner".  Now, put something in your mouth and try saying Kushner.  DO IT.  You'll find that you'll say "Kirschner".  So that might have happened  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i assumed thats what happened. I could imagine alot of the book was written with Slash telling the stories to the ghost writer.

And if anyone missed the irony in Ben etcs posts....well, yeah, he explained.

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
And Kushner isn't the only thing that's spelled wrong, it includes 'Buick McCain', and Bob 'McBob' Mayhew (I've always assumed that it was Mayhue) and it's missing a few words here and there, such as 'in'. I found Buick McCain funny because GN'R misspelled it themselves with 'Buick Makane' instead of 'Buick Mackane'.

~simba_317

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
I hope you all realize that with the amount of complaining and potential explanations (aka rumors) started on this very thread, Slash is going to have to append his book and re-release it to explain what REALLY happened when spelling Kushner.

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
I hope you all realize that with the amount of complaining and potential explanations (aka rumors) started on this very thread, Slash is going to have to append his book and re-release it to explain what REALLY happened when spelling Kushner.

again
read the whole thread maybe lol

Offline Limberly

• Staff

Good post. 

Offline Sam_So Fine

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Smart Twin!

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
jesus can no one here take a joke

Offline Sam_So Fine

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Smart Twin!
Maybe you were joking...others I think not  :no:

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS

captain tophat, myself and JAC were all joking

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

captain tophat, myself and JAC were all joking

I haven't even been IN this thread. I think I said one thing. The ONLY reason I don't have the book is because I don't have the time to read it

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Rules of internet joking 101 boys and girls...

If you make a statement that sounds serious but you are joking...please include a  :D, a  :), a  :lol:, a  :P or a  :rofl: following it. 

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
Rules of internet joking 101 boys and girls...

If you make a statement that sounds serious but you are joking...please include a  :D, a  :), a  :lol:, a  :P or a  :rofl: following it. 

roger dodger

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
That's not the only typo I found...

When explaining the Concert at Veterans Memorial Coliseum it said "Uniondale New Jersey"

:shock:

It's on Long Island in NEW YORK.

Plus I found a blatant spelling errors EVERYWHERE.
What kind of dumbasses does Harper Collins hire over there that they can't catch simple mistakes.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Dave rocks

:shock:

TOO MUCH CONTENT, CAN'T COMPREHEND!!!!! :(

Seriously, the typo thing is being blown way out of proportion though. We know it wasn't Slash's fault, there's other typos in the book, and there are MILLIONS of books with typos

Offline basschick

• Pea Gun Newbie
Dave does rock!

Incidentally, there's a place in the book where Zakk Wylde's name is spelled wrong, too.  (The "e" was left off of his last name.) 

Please someone start a new thread (JUST KIDDING!! :D )

All things considered, I am enjoying the book.  :wink:

Offline Robman

• Target Practice
kinda like they spelled it Megadeath    :(

Offline LeCoy

• Gunslinger
  • The King of Funk
Incidentally, there's a place in the book where Zakk Wylde's name is spelled wrong, too.  (The "e" was left off of his last name.)
Lol, I noticed that too

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
And Stevie Ray Vaughan...
They said Vaughn instead... I personally didn't like that too much as stevie is freakin awesome. But w/e. No biggie.

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
 :shock: I thought slash wrote the book himself :lol: oh well