19 (59.4%)
Brian Johnson
13 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: AC/DC  (Read 45513 times)

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
So who does everybody like? Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?
Bon Scott did '74 Jailbreak through Highway To Hell.
Brian Johnson did Back in Black to the present.
Highway to Hell is probably my absolute favorite!
I enjoyed Ballbreaker as well as The Razor's Edge from Brian.
Thoughts?Comments?

Offline Rock_Fan

• Gunslinger
Yes I absolutely love this band!! (My third fav band ever behind Metallica and GNR) One of the few great bands I've still to see live . Angus Young must be up there with the greatest guitarists ever (top 3 in my opinion!!)
I love both eras of AC/DC but probably just prefer Bon's material the man was a genius. However I'm going to contradict myself and say that 'Back In Black' is their best album.
I would also reccommed that you guys check out the 'Live At Donington' DVD it's absolutely flawless!! I also can't wait until the 'Plug Me In' retrospective DVD boxset is released in a few weeks covering live performances from the whole of the band's career it's going to be fantastic!!  :D  :headbanger:

http://www.ac-dc.net/

Offline Darkburst

• Staff
I love all AC/DC, but prefer the Bon Scott era albums. Highway to Hell is my favorite album too.

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
YEAH now we are talking!!  :P
ACDC are my fave band ever! just never get sick of them.  I think Highway to Hell is my fave album, although its a tough choice. but Touch too Much is the best song out! I know not many people agree with me but I also really like Blow Up your Video, so its between those two.
I like Bon better, but I also like Brian. Who would have thought someone could take over a band like this, and do it so well?

Razors Edge is my least fave, way too over produced and Stiff Upper Lip hasnt really got any stand out songs either. Although I still like them, just my least favourites.

I LOVE THIS BAND.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
From start to finish they rock ass. Any era is good with me.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
From start to finish they rock ass. Any era is good with me.
Well said,Captain Tophat! :headbanger:

Offline josephine

• Straight Shooter
The guys are planning a massive world tour next year it will c them go round the world for 2-3 yrs

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
I agree, it is all good, however I prefer the Scott era ... especially on High Voltage.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I agree, it is all good, however I prefer the Scott era ... especially on High Voltage.

Now THAT is a great album often overlooked by Fake fans.
My favorite song would have to be Whole Lotta Rosie....I guess because I'm a whole lotta me!

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
I don't know  a lot of their music, I only know a couple of songs like night prowler cause of Richard Ramirez

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I don't know  a lot of their music, I only know a couple of songs like night prowler cause of Richard Ramirez

I would highly recommend getting your hand on some.For Starters,Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap & High Voltage & Highway To Hell from Bon Scott's era.From Brian Johnson's era...Back In Black & Fly On The Wall & Blow Up Your Video.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
Okay, thanks. I'll definetly check it out

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
i like brian because he does bons very well and he has a lot of good songs

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
AC/DC rocks. I like both Bon Scott and Brian, but Bon is my favorite. Highway to Hell is the coolest album I think. Great guitar riffs, but I feel that some songs might sound too similar. The riffs are just a little different and similar melody, with small changes. But many songs are unique and AC/DC is always fun to listen to.

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
I just fregin love ACDC and everything they did, highway to hell is an ace song so is thunderstruck and I heard they are recording a new cd soon that be so kickass I hope its true

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I just fregin love ACDC and everything they did, highway to hell is an ace song so is thunderstruck and I heard they are recording a new cd soon that be so kickass I hope its true
Yes and they are releasing a DVD set in the next month or so....PLUS they are planning a World Tour in 2008 :yes: :headbanger: :beer:

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent

Offline seely

• Straight Shooter
Gotta hand it to AC/DC, they're an absolutely fantastic band, though i actually prefer the Brian Johnson (Current) years, but Bon Scott was still pretty cool.

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
Yea no reason why you shouldnt pick Bon Scott, probably one of the best frontmen out there, Brian Johnson is good but he even said he was tryn his hardest to get where Bon Scott was in singing.

Offline dikovdef

• Straight Shooter
  • All about the blues baby!
I've heard from a friend of mine who works at an arena that ACDC will be touring next year,has anyone else heard anything on this?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Yeah it's been all over the place. They're supposedly working on a new album and then touring in 2008

Offline xx-Alice-xx

• Straight Shooter