Author Topic: TALK BOX!  (Read 6077 times)

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Well, I'm gonna buy one. Since it's different and alot of people don't have one. Also, does the heil talk box really blow your amp head? Or is that if you wire it up wrong!

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
I had the heil one and used it with a marshall stack.

You do kinda need two amps though if I rememeber correctly because when you select the talk box it diverts the output of sound out the tube you put over your mouth!! so all you hear is the sound then coming out the tube in your mouth until you then set a mic up and have that set up to a speaker.

Hmm... meh I really cant remember how i did it!! Youll get the instructions on www.jimdunlop.com and it has schematics of how to set it up with an amp or a PA.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
What Kriss said.

From what I've learned about it, it's best to run the Heil through a PA. A regular speaker with a regular microphone to pick it up.

Matt Bruck from Guitar World did a Tech Education column on how to use and set one up. I can't find it online, but if you look back through older issues you might be able to find it.

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Ahh, it's alright. I don't feel like spending that much on a talk box anymore. I'm either gonna buy an Epiphone Elitist goldtop 57' or a Gibby reissue goldtop 57' if it's at a right price. Or save up for a car.

Im prolly gonna go with another elitist goldtop. And put a dimarzio in the bridge, and a seymour duncun in the neck.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Ahh, it's alright. I don't feel like spending that much on a talk box anymore. I'm either gonna buy an Epiphone Elitist goldtop 57' or a Gibby reissue goldtop 57' if it's at a right price. Or save up for a car.

Im prolly gonna go with another elitist goldtop. And put a dimarzio in the bridge, and a seymour duncun in the neck.

Check out the Epiphone Sheraton II...basically an ES-335 in terms of sounds and looks. A great guitar. Bought one over the summer with the trade in on a Martin acoustic. It's got more diversity. You've already got a Les Paul, this guitar can do better clean stuff, but it rocks shit out too. I played Ozzy songs on it when I got it :lol:

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
I know. I might look at a firebird. As I haven't seen them around to much. And it's be cool to have something alittle different.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I know. I might look at a firebird. As I haven't seen them around to much. And it's be cool to have something alittle different.

If you're gonna do that, make sure it's the originals with the mini humbuckers. The studios all have regular humbuckers and just don't sound as different from a Les Paul or an SG. The minis sound amazing

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Of course I would. Im a Allen Collins fan ;) Skynyrd all the way with the firebird.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Of course I would. Im a Allen Collins fan ;) Skynyrd all the way with the firebird.

They're nice. I played one in the store a while back. I did end up with a Sheraton in the end, I'm not sure about it. It's great, it's an amazing guitar, but it just doesn't quite feel right when I'm playing it. Once my birthday rolls by, I'm gonna see if I've grown to it, and if not, it's trading in.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
one of the guys at slashsworld has one with it's own preamp, so you can run it without having to use 2 amps.

i think it was called a banshee or something similar.

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Rocktron Banshee talkbox. I might look into that. But I dunno, what I will do with my upcoming money..

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
how much are they. Just out of curiosity.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Can get a Heil Talkbox HERE for about 260$

Offline stoof

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Now with the Rocktron Talk Box, no need to plug it between the Amp and the Cab.
It has his own Preamp inside so you can plug this talkbox between you guitar and your amp:

I ve shot a quick video for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CeY7286Tkk

Offline snak3pit4

• Straight Shooter
Get the rocktron if you want a basic and easy talkbox. although i blew my adapter or talkbox up about 3 months after i had it, didn't use it too much either. it could've been tho because i hooked a wrong adapter up to it once. other then that it sounds good!