Author Topic: Soccer 2.0  (Read 68796 times)

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
As much as i hate to admit it you're probably right  :cry:

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Awww Hun, don't get upset about it, you never know Spurs might do better in next season, although right now i personally wouldn't hold out much hope.
i'm sorry *hugs*

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
Bye bye Martin :lol:

Since Wenger took over at The Arsenal, Spurs have apparently spent twice as much in the transfer market, yet they have never:-

1) Finished above The Arsenal in the Premiership

2) Qualified for the Champions League

3) Played football as attractive or entertaining as The Arsenal

Oh well. 8)

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
Maybe things will get better but i dont think the answer was sacking Jol, he was a good manager, undermined by the chairman who tried to sign Ramos from Seville and then Mourinho from chelsea, i think it's admirable that he had the dignity to stay as long as he did :( He will be missed and i think it will give more ammunition for all you gooners out there to take the mickey even more. I dread to think of the number of managers we've had while Arsene has been in charge at Arsenal  :(

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
Damn I'll miss Martin Jol. He's been a dead man walking for weeks. Once the media are on your back your days are numbered.

Well Man Utd seem to be back in proper form so that's always nice :P. Rooney's back amongst the goals and he's linking up really well with Tevez.

I think this weekend we'll find out if Arsenal are proper candidates for the title or not, crunch fixture against Liverpool. I think it's their first proper hard fixture this season.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
I can see Arsenal giving Liverpool a hard time, Liverpool have been quite disappointing of late

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
liverpool need to win if they want to be taken seriously as title challengers

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
I think it's their first proper hard fixture this season.

Yer, cos going to Seville and winning against a team managed by a man who is now the highest paid manager in the Premiership is such a doddle.

We've beaten the teams the fixture list put in front of us. Man City, Blackburn and the team from down the Lane.

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
I think it's their first proper hard fixture this season.

Yer, cos going to Seville and winning against a team managed by a man who is now the highest paid manager in the Premiership is such a doddle.

We've beaten the teams the fixture list put in front of us. Man City, Blackburn and the team from down the Lane.

Sevilla was at home but they just didn't "turn up". Blackburn was a draw, Tottenham aren't in the best form.
Man City was probably your hardest fixture and that was at home and a 1-0 win :P.
I don't think Arsenal have had back-to-back away fixtures yet either.

Anyway, we'll have to see how they do today.

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger

Well Man Utd seem to be back in proper form so that's always nice :P. Rooney's back amongst the goals and he's linking up really well with Tevez.

I agree. Rooney and Tevez are outstanding together! And, they will continue that this Saturday against Arsenal.  8)

I'm just hoping that CR won't be touching too early like he did against Middlsbro. Arsenal is a different story and they can't get away with stuff like that.

I am just discovering this thread. Great idea! I'm jealous of all you Britts that can actually take short trips to see half of these EPL games!  :(

Offline tartwithacart

• Gunslinger
  • Mattaholic
I cant wait for the Arsenal v Man U later today. Its one of those matches that it doesnt matter who you support, its great to watch, Im Birmingham Citry supporter so i'll be keeping an eye on it. The players are great.

Im a bit of a CR fan, he is amazing to watch and he does get a bit posessive of the ball at times and he should pass more, but he is getting better at it. Unless hes getting all tempermental and ''ocassionally'' throwing his toys out the pram, he always looks like he enjoys playing. Great footie player... oh yeah hes beautiful too!  :P

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
^Yeah you're right Arsenal v Man Utd never fails to disappoint, can't ever remember a boring match between the 2 sides. I think 1999 FA Cup semi-final was probably the best match, well one of the best matches I've ever seen. Great end-to-end football  8).

For todays clash, I would have taken a point at the start of the day but the way they equalised in the last minute  :x, it seems like 2 points lost than 1 point gained. I also hate it how the goals we conceded were really cheap  :( but at least we didn't lose.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
well, that was a very exciting match (the bits seen on MOTD) that linesman made the best decision of his life making our equalizer goal in the 91st minute offical, hehehe watching Arsenal trying to definatly get the goal in when it had already been counted was funny.

i thought it was really sad that Sir. Alex couldn't talk about his team after the match, he must had been pretty upset bless him.

well, it was a very good tester game, so thank you Manchester United, but a draw isn't a lose and even with that one point, at least we didn't fail this test :)

still top of the league with one game in hand :P

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
well, that was a very exciting match (the bits seen on MOTD) that linesman made the best decision of his life making our equalizer goal in the 91st minute offical, hehehe watching Arsenal trying to definatly get the goal in when it had already been counted was funny.

i thought it was really sad that Sir. Alex couldn't talk about his team after the match, he must had been pretty upset bless him.

well, it was a very good tester game, so thank you Manchester United, but a draw isn't a lose and even with that one point, at least we didn't fail this test :)

still top of the league with one game in hand :P

He never gives interviews as the BBC demands them straight after the match, so the assistant Carlos Quieroz normally gives them. It's been that way for quite a while now. He does give interviews to Sky Sports though because they don't demand them straight after the match.

I've also realised Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp never ever give interviews to the BBC after that bung scandal, so we always get their assistants :lol:.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
i felt a little sorry for united, even though it was a great spot from the linesman united should have had a free kick during that passage of play.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
What for?? Too much handbags in football at the moment, the ref was very picky as it was i thought. Anderson should have been booked when he went down like he'd been shot under a challenge from Fabregas, what was funny was Fabregas telling him he was a cheating twat!!

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger
What a game on Saturday.

Arsenal's last goal made it feel more like a loss but it was the right call after seeing the replay.  My heart was jumping out of my chest after all of that but then I started seeing them celebrate. That kind of made me want to throw something.  :x

None the less, another classic.

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
What a game on Saturday.

Arsenal's last goal made it feel more like a loss but it was the right call after seeing the replay.  My heart was jumping out of my chest after all of that but then I started seeing them celebrate. That kind of made me want to throw something.  :x

None the less, another classic.

Yeah great game, I loved Gallas's melodramatic speech after the match  :lol:

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
liverpool were outstanding. 8-0 biggest champions league win ever.

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
i fell asleep after the first ten minutes. im guessing it was a good game :D

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
Man Utd are through and so are Arsenal in the Champs League. This is our season..I hope.  :D

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Arsenal...

My Nan's gonna be HAPPY

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
Arsenal...

My Nan's gonna be HAPPY

They won't get far though  :P
if you're not into "soccer" and are looking to support a team you should support Manchester United.

Others would tell you "West Bromwich Albion" but they're average at best to be honest with you :|

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I love my Nan, she would DISOWN me if I went against Arsenal.

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
Others would tell you "West Bromwich Albion" but they're average at best to be honest with you :|

oi. second in the league thank ya very much :P