Author Topic: 2007-08-22 - Late Show With David Letterman - Ed Sullivan Theater, New York City, NY, USA  (Read 27547 times)

Offline DestinBunny

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Surf like a girl!
I found this on Rock on TV so I'm not sure if it's really official, but VR is scheduled to appear on Letterman on August 22nd.

Have a great Friday y'all!!

Patty

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
AWESOME! I bet they'll play "Last Fight" since it's being released as a single Aug. 20 :headbanger:

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
Hopefully it's as good as the Leno performance. Scott always sounds better when he hasn't been dancing and running around and singing for half an hour already, so he usually does well on TV appearances. Which is good, because I have yet to hear a live version of The Last Fight that is better than the album version.

Offline Junior

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
Hopefully it's as good as the Leno performance. Scott always sounds better when he hasn't been dancing and running around and singing for half an hour already, so he usually does well on TV appearances. Which is good, because I have yet to hear a live version of The Last Fight that is better than the album version.

I think exactly the contrary.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
yes! finally they appear on a show i'm actually able to watch, lol. awesome. i'll have to tape it!

Offline The_Eradicator

• Pea Gun Newbie
Is someone gonna post the video for those of us who can't see it? The Kimmel performance video quality is crap so does anyone have a good quality version for download for those of us who missed it?

Please guys help us desperate people out.

Why hasn't the BelowEmpty.com been posting any media for ages. I sent the webmaster a link to uploading.com that allows up to 100MB per upload so why hasn't the webmaster checked it out. I use that site and it is awesome. 

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin

Why don't you see them live instead of watching thm live on Youtube and you'll see exactly how well they The Last Fight?

I've seen them play it three times (starland, nokia, jones beach) and each time was better than the album version.  You can actually hear the outtro solo from Slash when your there!

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
Is someone gonna post the video for those of us who can't see it? The Kimmel performance video quality is crap so does anyone have a good quality version for download for those of us who missed it?

Please guys help us desperate people out.

Why hasn't the BelowEmpty.com been posting any media for ages. I sent the webmaster a link to uploading.com that allows up to 100MB per upload so why hasn't the webmaster checked it out. I use that site and it is awesome. 

Just search on youtube, I'm sure someone will post it. 

Though, I was hoping a live performance of gravedancer would turn up on this tour since their closing their "acoustic set" with it but it hasn't :( :(
Slash's solo at the end of the song at Jones Beach was special....

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
Slash there  8)

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/celiahudson/aaatour078.jpg

Wearing the shirt the glammetal.com people gave him at their interview :)

It's true Captain, I saw the pictures and I posted the interview on the Slash´s thread!  :D

Offline hawk900

• Straight Shooter
  • I'm so Easy Easy!!!
 When do the musical acts play during Letterman????In the middle or end?
TNX!

Offline I i ILLEGAL i

• Target Practice
Just ended.. Did a great job as always!! Flawless

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! They sounded great and they looked AMAZING. Sadly, when I went back to watch the performance, my stupid Tivo just cut off the very ending... how obnoxious is that?!

Offline stontemplpilot

• Sniper Assassin
Wow!  That was a great performance!  I liked all the black too!

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
Woo hoo!!!  That was soooo cool - they looked and sounded AWESOME!!! 

What did Dave say to Slash at the end there?

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
He said "Slash good to see you. Are you going hunting?"
Because of the riding jacket.
 :lol:

Excellent performance!

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
He said "Slash good to see you. Are you going hunting?"
Because of the riding jacket.
 :lol:

Excellent performance!

Oh,  :lol: 
Does The Late Show post the performances on their site afterwards for those that want to re-watch it or who missed it live?  (It didn't look like it was available yet anyway.)

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
I'm not sure. But here's the site: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/
But you know if anyone you tube's it, it'll be pulled down  :roll:

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
I'm not sure. But here's the site: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

Ok, thanks, I'll have to check back later.

But you know if anyone you tube's it, it'll be pulled down  :roll:

Right.  That's a done deal then.

Offline Wicked Garden

• Straight Shooter
Aww...I totally forgot to tune it...

Oh well, theres a reason for You Tube...

BTW, was there any mention of a physical CD single for TLF? I'm dying to know if there will actually be a commercially released singe for this baby....

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
That was awesome! They sounded great. I'm going to sleep now. lol.

Slash made me smile with that peace sign at the end there and Duff was wearing a CBGB shirt.

It was good to see Scott smiling in the pics when they were entering the building.

~simba_317

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter

BTW, was there any mention of a physical CD single for TLF? I'm dying to know if there will actually be a commercially released singe for this baby....

No mention of single for TLF- just " grammy winning artist with new album Libertad".

Personally, I thought the performance was a bit flat compared to their others. I thought Scott was straining & Slash was back to just standing there.  They looked supercooll though & Scott had some great moves- maybe they just had some road fatigue.

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant

No mention of single for TLF- just " grammy winning artist with new album Libertad".

Personally, I thought the performance was a bit flat compared to their others. I thought Scott was straining & Slash was back to just standing there.  They looked supercooll though & Scott had some great moves- maybe they just had some road fatigue.

well TLF isint a song which makes you want to break walls or stomp on babies. It has a kindof chilled out feel to it.

I haven't seen the performance yet... hoping for a YouTube update soon.