• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus
spoken like a true hick.

That's a quote I need to save.

That's 'cause it's an old hick sayin'  :lol:

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
omg KISS are awsome they so rock! I saw them on saturday nite they were the best! god gave rock n roll to you!! they so deserve to be honoured 8)

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
KISS is so AWESOME, cant wait till they come to Boston. I just wish Ace and Peter were still in the band :(

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Is there anything they won't try to make a buck off of?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-simmons-hotter-than-hell-chapel/

Gene Simmons Talks Marriage at the ‘Hotter Than Hell’ Chapel

Just when you think you’ve seen everything, Kiss proves that no, no you haven’t.

The band recently opened their first miniature golf course in Las Vegas — and since Vegas is nothing without its quirky weddings, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley were also on hand to witness the very first marriage at Kiss’ signature Hotter Than Hell chapel.

The newlyweds, Natasha Fagen and David Howard, met on Match.com, and when they decided to tie the knot, they bid $15,000 on eBay for the rights to be the first couple married at Hotter Than Hell. It may seem like a lot of money, but the groom says it was “worth every penny” and a “dream come true” — and the couple’s fandom doesn’t stop there. They’re also taking their honeymoon on the Kiss Kruise this fall.

Fagan walked down the aisle in a traditional white dress to the band’s tune ‘Heaven’s on Fire’ while her betrothed waited for her at the altar dressed in full-on Kiss regalia. Then Simmons and Stanley stood in as members of the wedding party as a tiny little Ace Frehley impersonator named Mini-ster Brian Thomas performed the ceremony. (No, seriously. You can’t make this stuff up.) Afterwards, the guests tossed Kiss guitar picks in lieu of rice.

So how does Simmons feel about his own recent nuptials to longtime love Shannon Tweed?
 “

“I’ve waited 62 years to grow up but still had to call [my wedding] ring by the name Bob. As you know, men are arrogant and have a hard time kind of just committing to the idea, that at some point you want to surrender.”

As for Gene’s legendary sexual exploits over the years, he looks at them through a religious prism:
 “

“The good book, it says spread thy seed, and I was just doing the Lord’s work. Then you have to get over that stuff and get serious about it. Shannon has given me two wonderful, charming kids who are now grown up, and it’s probably time for Dad to grow up, too. I’m working on it.”

If you want to get hitched at the Hotter Than Hell chapel yourself, you might have to wait –75 couples have already signed up. Wedding packages go for between $249 and $1,199, but if you book one of the pricier events, you’ll get free Kiss “kondoms” and garters. (And if those are the same type of prophylactics Gene used, you can bet they’re damned reliable.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7MSWM6cGJI&feature=player_embedded

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
You know, the only thing that'd be worse is if they tried to pretend like they aren't money grubbing whores. That said, I saw KISS, paid about 26 dollars each for the tickets, and this was a solo show, not a festival or anything like that, and they played for 2.5 hours, sounded about as good as you can hope given their age and shows, and put on a really, really good show.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
How pathetic! What I could do with all of that money...I sure as hell would not have blown it like that. :lol: 

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I do believe they put on a fantastic show and can't believe I haven't seen them.  It's just the condoms and caskets are so far out there...

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
They've had the condoms and caskets for some time now. I think Dimebag Darrell was buried in one...

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
 :(  And with on of EVH's guitars.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Stop! This is depressing. I thought Gene was beyond 62. I found that to be mind blowing. :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I think a lot of Gene Simmons' bluster is an act. There's no doubt money is a motivating factor to him, but I think it gets played up, just the same as anything else.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
True. He also lives up to the Jew standards of being cheap.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
:lol:  Ha! I did not mean to offend anybody. I do know that the Dutch and Scotch are cheap. :lol: So maybe I should rephrase that statement and say that Jews are frugal.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Oh jeez.

When did Andrew Dice Clay join the forum?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
So you went for two instead of one to call names...   :lol:

I do think Gene is "frugal".  But after catching some of his shows...man, what he won't try to make money off of.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I think the show is scripted to be much more dramatic and cold.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
It does seem a little too scripted just like all of the other Reality TV series. It would be hardcore if I had my own show. Pure Bitch all of the time. There is no scripting that. :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
It does seem a little too scripted just like all of the other Reality TV series. It would be hardcore if I had my own show. Pure Bitch all of the time. There is no scripting that. :lol:

Oh, I've seen Cops!

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
:lol: I have never been on Cops! I would be embarassed if I got caught.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-new-costumes/

Kiss debuted new, updated versions of their trademark stage gear on two occasions yesterday (March 20); first at the press conference to announce their 2012 summer co-headlining tour with Motley Crue, and again when they performed two songs later that night on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’

Now, it’s not like they’ll be wearing day-glo flowered suits, these are the “Gods of Thunder” we’re talking about after all. But if you compare the new outfits to the ones they’ve been wearing lately, you can see some notable differences. First off, Gene Simmons apparently killed a dinosaur and stuck its teeth on his arms and legs. He certainly looks even more monstrous now, which ties in nicely with the title of his band’s upcoming album.

His longtime bandmate Paul Stanley apparently went after smaller game on his hunt, and now proudly sports big black feathers atop what appear to be glammed-out football shoulder pads. Guitarist Tommy Thayer has added another layer of padded silver trim — almost like a top wing — to his “Spaceman” ensemble while drummer Eric Singer seems the least changed, merely dialing down the silver accents from his previous costume.

Unless another visit to the tailor is planned, fans can expect to see Kiss in their new Sunday best when the self-dubbed “the Tour” with Motley Crue kicks off July 20 in Bristow, Va. You can get a sneak peek of their new look in action with this clip of the band performing ‘Calling Dr. Love’ on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKr-Iss3_cw