Author Topic: Messages and Front Page Poll  (Read 7433 times)

Offline KyleMac

• Pea Gun Newbie
Why isnt messages on the front page poll?  This song needs to be a single at some point.  Its probably too long for radio these days, but im sure they'll edit it.  On a side note, how on EARTH did this song not make the standard album?  What a beautiful song.  Also, i think "don't drop that dime" could be a single, its on the same lines as "used to love her," very catchy little tune (can anyone post the lyrics, i can hear it ok but some of it doesnt make sense).  Looking forward to hearing Gas and a Dollar Laugh.

Edit: Is "dont drop that dime" a cover?  If so, who was the original artist?
Edit: ....who was in charge of putting this album together, Gas and a Dollar Laugh also should have been on there.  Great rock song.  "Dance, Dance little hooker, shake it"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:40:17 PM by KyleMac »

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
Personally, I think "Messages" is a great song but wouldn't want it to be a single simply based on it'd capitalize on 9/11 which really doesn't need to be brought to the public attention again.

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Personally, I think "Messages" is a great song but wouldn't want it to be a single simply based on it'd capitalize on 9/11 which really doesn't need to be brought to the public attention again.

Why do you think that?

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent

I agree...

Also.. Someone had sent me the mp3 and it didnt really blow me away... I am not missing it from the record.

Offline alienlover

• Pea Gun Newbie
how do we know the song is about 9/11 for sure? there are plane references, etc but nothing really for sure...

Offline Tronarp

• Pea Gun Newbie
how do we know the song is about 9/11 for sure? there are plane references, etc but nothing really for sure...

I think Scott or it might have been Duff or someone else from the band actually said Messages was inspired by 9/11. I almost got the feeling they tried to make the song sound like one of the messages(they left).  :P

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Scott said it was about 9/11. Specifically about people calling their loved ones from the planes to say goodbye after they realised what was going to happen.

Offline LeCoy

• Gunslinger
  • The King of Funk
Scott said it was about 9/11. Specifically about people calling their loved ones from the planes to say goodbye after they realised what was going to happen.
Oh crap, so that's what it's about.  That's so sad, the song captures so much emotion.

Offline Blusashi

• Target Practice
It grew on me quickly.    Great song.   I don't think its on the album because it's kind of depressing,   and the rest of the album is upbeat. Even the ballads on the album still move and are fairly upbeat.   I think they wanted a consistent "party" album and Messages would've gone against that.

By the way,   did you notice how the intro guitar part is very reminiscent of the Interstate Love Song guitar intro, specifically the first half of it.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Oh wow.  That's one of my favorite songs.  I actually knew nothing about it until I did a site search for the song.  That makes the song even more powerful--and a gritty reminder.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Just wanted to say that I finally heard "Gas and A Dollar Laugh" last night, and it was really good.  One of the better songs...should have been on Libertad.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Good stuff.  I'm sorry that Libertad didn't have more stuff on it.  VR covered a lot of really cool songs, and I would have gladly picked up a CD that just had all the stuff they did that wasn't on the base Libertad and Contraband albums.

Alas, it was never meant to be, eh.

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
I was hoping that after Scott quit they'd release a B-sides and rarities album as a way of filling the gap before they found a new singer. Either that or a live album, but I'd have prefered a rarities album because whilst I have a lot of stuff I don't have all the tracks, they definately have enough to fill a CD and it'd be nice to have them all in one place.

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"
I was hoping that after Scott quit they'd release a B-sides and rarities album as a way of filling the gap before they found a new singer. Either that or a live album, but I'd have prefered a rarities album because whilst I have a lot of stuff I don't have all the tracks, they definately have enough to fill a CD and it'd be nice to have them all in one place.

I was hoping the same, I always wanted to have a good quality of Angie/Mary... excellent cover

Offline Dixy

• Pea Gun Newbie
It grew on me quickly.    Great song.   I don't think its on the album because it's kind of depressing,   and the rest of the album is upbeat. Even the ballads on the album still move and are fairly upbeat.   I think they wanted a consistent "party" album and Messages would've gone against that.

By the way,   did you notice how the intro guitar part is very reminiscent of the Interstate Love Song guitar intro, specifically the first half of it.

it didnt go on the album cos of i-tunes.

in order for a band to get their album sold on i-tunes they have to make at least one track an i-tunes exclusive.

Queen did this when they released The Cosmos Rocks...most bands do