Author Topic: 2007-12-12 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA  (Read 46938 times)

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
Tickets on sale:  TBA
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:01:55 AM by Sverre »

Offline roach_coach

• Straight Shooter
Either I would go to this one, or to the LA invasion.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
dont go t la invasion. They will only play like 45 minutes-1 hr being how they aren't headlining

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
this is far enough into the future that ill probably go see them again then

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
Either I would go to this one, or to the LA invasion.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Previously, I would have (and did) suggest going to VR's own show in Irvine since they'd be playing longer.  I would reconsider for the fact that KROQ tickets are dirt cheap right now.  People all over are selling for less than face value and there are also many other ways to win them (KROQ or via Toyota SCION test drive etc).  You can go this weekend to KROQ and if finances allow, go again in October...

Then again, I'm really starting to wonder if VR's Irvine show in October is still going to happen.  The show is just a bit over 5 weeks away and I have a feeling that they think they would not be able to sellout the place.  This might be the cause for no official announcement/on-sale date.  Perhaps, they're waiting until their KROQ gig to gauge what the crowd response is.  If it's good, the Irvine gig will go on or if it's not that good, perhaps they'll cancel, postpone or most likely, change to a smaller venue (Wiltern, House of Blues, The Grove etc...and make it sound like they're doing a special "intimate" show for their hometown fans).  I'm actually hoping this would happen!!!

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie

Previously, I would have (and did) suggest going to VR's own show in Irvine since they'd be playing longer.  I would reconsider for the fact that KROQ tickets are dirt cheap right now.  People all over are selling for less than face value and there are also many other ways to win them (KROQ or via Toyota SCION test drive etc).  You can go this weekend to KROQ and if finances allow, go again in October...

Then again, I'm really starting to wonder if VR's Irvine show in October is still going to happen.  The show is just a bit over 5 weeks away and I have a feeling that they think they would not be able to sellout the place.  This might be the cause for no official announcement/on-sale date.  Perhaps, they're waiting until their KROQ gig to gauge what the crowd response is.  If it's good, the Irvine gig will go on or if it's not that good, perhaps they'll cancel, postpone or most likely, change to a smaller venue (Wiltern, House of Blues, The Grove etc...and make it sound like they're doing a special "intimate" show for their hometown fans).  I'm actually hoping this would happen!!!

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie
I would like to know whats the deal with this show and why not Gibson at Universal...What do ant of you think

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
y isnt this show ticketmaster

Offline Vietnow138

• Straight Shooter
They just listed this show on ticketmaster, tickets go on sale this saturday at 10:00am and are form $20-$55.

I was planning on going to this but now i doubt i'll be able to afford it after spending 170 dollars on Van Halen tickets this morning, hopefully i can find a way though

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
They just listed this show on ticketmaster, tickets go on sale this saturday at 10:00am and are form $20-$55.

I was planning on going to this but now i doubt i'll be able to afford it after spending 170 dollars on Van Halen tickets this morning, hopefully i can find a way though

you should watch out for a Kroq presale

Offline Nightrain_80

• Straight Shooter
I think I might be able to go to this one :)

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
Irvine Meadows (no, none of this 'Verizona' crap) traditionally has a small pit section with 5-6 rows of seats.  Question is, does anyone know if seats will be kept for this gig or will it be general admission?  Also, does anyone know for certain if it's just VR and AIC or if Sparta or another 3rd act will be opening?   

Offline heidi

• Straight Shooter
shouldn't there be some sort of pre-sale announced already for this... either threw kroq or the vr fan club

Offline heidi

• Straight Shooter
it says 9 am for the fan club presale and im on ticketmaster and nothing is available to put my password in? anyone else having this issue

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
yah tm says the resale is 10, so go by that.

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
How are club members suppose to get our password?  TM says current club members can used previously assigned passcode?  WTH is this???

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
Agh!!! I'm getting so frustrated! Only crappy Loge tickets are coming up! I want PITTTTTTT!!!!!
Has anyone been lucky enough to get pit tickets??

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
no pit tickets, what a crock of shit, im not paying 225 to get pit tickets, fuck that. If they don't release pit for normal prices, I'm skipping this. Corporate take over is killing the concert going experience.

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
I agree with you!!! Maybe they'll release them later!! So much for having the Fan Club Presale, huh?!
Whatever happened to, "1st come, 1st serve!"

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
yah this is ridiculous, they've got to release them though. There is no way they will sell out all the pit tickets at 225 each, won't happen.

Offline zayde5

• Target Practice
I'm beginning to loathe the words "LOGE 7"

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
The closest seats i've come across so far has been, Orchestra 1, Row F. :(

Offline zayde5

• Target Practice
The closest seats i've come across so far has been, Orchestra 1, Row F. :(

How many tickets are you trying for?

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
only 1. Im hoping that way i have a better shot at getting pit tickets!!

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
I agree with you!!! Maybe they'll release them later!! So much for having the Fan Club Presale, huh?!
Whatever happened to, "1st come, 1st serve!"

Well, they know club members are die hard and would settle for the sure ticket, so why bother giving them the good ones!  Mind as well save the good seats for the casual fan who would only go if they find a great seat.

Plus, they have to consider all the "VIP" and "Platnum" ticket packages first.  After they realize no one is buying those, then they'll release some of the better seats.  

Going in, I realize they wouldn't have anything in the pit or even first 10 rows.  But fuck, Loge!  Gimme a freakin break!!!