Author Topic: 2007-06-28 - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - NBC Studios, Burbank, CA, USA  (Read 19750 times)

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
That was a really amazing performance! Scott nailed it... his vocals in the bridge were fantastic. Slash was really getting into it. This makes me think they should play it earlier into their set, when Scott's not so tired. It's a fucking hard song to sing.

Great job, guys!

Offline hawk900

• Straight Shooter
  • I'm so Easy Easy!!!
 I thought the sound mix last night sucked!!!!! SW could have been a knotch louder and also bass was low... I watched it on a digital brodcast too!
Hawkout!

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
Kindly uploaded by 'appetite for illusions' from mygnr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzL4CoVEZps

Awesome stuff. That bridge. :drooling:

great, thanks. it was really awesome. they all did great

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Thanks Dead Flower; Man, bending strings, beating skins, and one hell of a voice box. Goddamn! this song is really growing on me ... hard.

Offline Slashead

• Straight Shooter
Great performance ! And this isn't even the best song on the album. Libertad is a rock'n'roll masterpiece.

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
I thought they sounded AWESOME last night!

Offline sixxers_world

• Straight Shooter
  • Vacuum Cleaner Sucks up Budgie! Buh Bye!!
great performace...super tight...Scott's vocals were spot on! Slash's one legged dance :lol: And the rhythm section had a super groove goin' That bass part looks brutal! Great job boys!

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
the guys sounded fantastic!  :D

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
Amazing performance!
They were so perfects!

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
Hey, he's got a tophat and everything!

~simba_317

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Hey, he's got a tophat and everything!

:rofl: Now it all makes sense! Why did I never think of that before?

http://alhazan.com/gallery/albums/career/fred_astaire.jpg

Offline Darkburst

• Staff
The mix wasn't the best, but the performance was awesome! That's one of the better TV performances I've seen from any band.

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
I think my heart skipped a beat when Scott was singing the bridge... Especially on "What you bleed is what you break".

Powerful.

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
My heart skipped a beat every time Jay Leno said 'Velvet Revolver.'

~simba_317

Offline Dumb Lover

• Gunslinger
The sound's never that great on Leno but they sounded really tight, and im continually being impressed how much better Scotts sounding these days ... Scotts little dance towards the end of the solo, and Slashs lil' hop were hilarious

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Scott & Slash = Ginger & Fred.

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
Also, when Scott was like, "I'll taaaaaaaaaake" when Slash was starting his solo - it SOARED. Did anyone else notice that?

Offline alienlover

• Pea Gun Newbie
Missed it, sounded good on youtube though - anyone know when this Leno will rerun so that I can see it on TV??

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
Tonight, on Star. I think it plays about an hour and a half before the new one tonight, but I'm not sure.

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
A TV network. It might be Canadian, though.

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
Just watched the performance on my big screen with surround sound- it really sounded incredible!  about the best I've heard on a tv show.
Things that stuck out for me:

Scotts voice-powerful, smooth, perfect tone, the bridge gave me goosebumbs -best I've heard him
   Slash- he was just way more into it than usual, 1 legged hop, lots of energy- reminded me of how he was in the old days w/GNR
   The way they looked- they were all cleaned up & on their best behavior, like the 1st day of school
    Overall everyone gave it 110%

Only slight negatives:

It would have been cool to see them a little down & dirty-  Like Scott w/his shirt off, shock the audience a little w /F U attitude
    Why can't they perform this was all the time?  I saw them in DC, they kicked ass, but  1 of my complaints was that Slash wasn't very energized, he basically just stood there all nite
    My wife was watching the Leno performance, she's just a casual fan, but I play their concerts all the time & she's seen them live - Her only comment was that they were not representing their true selves & that they were just selling out.

My overall rating 9/10   :headbanger:

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
The band looked amazing last night. I watched the other performances on youtube in South America and all. And this performance killed those. Slash looked really happy. He always looks super happy when he is about to tour.

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent