Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 57947 times)

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
We've been having pretty decent weather this year actually, i remember it was pissing it down for like a solid week last year round this time :? suns been out a bit and its not as bitterly cold as it usually is.

People in Birmingham, we're expecting snow on Friday by the way :wink: hopefully it won't be the pathetic slushy type :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
It's a bit like the antartic outside. Glad I'm in for the night.

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
Hi temp today: -2 degrees (F), Lo: -6 degrees (F), but at least the wind died down over night so no windchill factor.  It was -40 degrees (F) here yesterday/last night with the windchill.  That's too fuckin' cold!  Yesterday was my day off and I didn't do a thing or go anywhere that wasn't essential

Offline ChocolateBalls

• Global Moderator
  • I shot my love today
It was -50 C (-58 F) with wind chill on Monday. I'll tell you public transport isn't fun on days like those..

Yesterday the forecast was High -30 C (-22 F) and Low -40 (-40 F) (all without wind chill).

Now it's a balmy -24 C (-11 F) :lol: and sadly you notice just how much warmer that is compared to two days ago :shock:

It's so odd because our summers do get to be unbearably hot.. like more than 35 C (95 F).. so we get extremes on both ends, and it's like an 80 degree range in celsius I get to experience through the year.

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
anything that has a negative in the temperature scares me...can't do it any more.

they barely ever mention the "wind chill factor" here - thank god.

but - we could use those thunderstorms as our lakes are really low and we are on tight water restrictions.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^RAIN would be great.It was sunny all day.Nice when you got in the sunshine.Cold in the shade.Not that cold.I was out in shorts doing yard work around 2 pm.Getting colder at night.

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
Its snowing so bad where i live in scotland that my boss couldnt get into work today!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  :P

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
the word "snow" scares me too...

we don't travel much this time of year for business because the words "de-ice the plane" make me nervous.

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
today was awful this mornin! walked out and i actually got blown int a road because of my umbrella, walked into school looking like a drowned rat. then there was heavy heavy heaaavvvyy rain, then hail, then it just suddenly stopped. now its clear skies, just absolutely freezing!

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
today was awful this mornin! walked out and i actually got blown int a road because of my umbrella

same thing happened. my umbrella broke 2 seconds after stepping foot outside my house. had me blowing about everywhere :shock:

i hope it snows tomorrow like its supposed to.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Greaaaaaat...the crazy cold from out west is blowing this way. The wind went away for the most part, but it's still hanging around -10 and -15

storm tomorrow. yaaay :roll:

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
today was awful this mornin! walked out and i actually got blown int a road because of my umbrella

same thing happened. my umbrella broke 2 seconds after stepping foot outside my house. had me blowing about everywhere :shock:

i hope it snows tomorrow like its supposed to.

same here! haha i ended up using mine s a kind of sheild for a bit, then i just chucked it and ran after i looked like a prat trying to control it :lol: was too wild to be dealing with first thing in the mornin

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
Weather almost killed me last night.  I was coming home from my friends house at like midnight and there's this curve on the top of a hill witha guard rail on the right side.  The snow was blowing so hard it drifted onto the road and we couldn't see because it had like this white-out affect.  We slowed down a little bit and it's a good thing we did b/c we bumped the guard rail. :shock:

Sounds like you're confusing weather with driving skills there :P

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
It's raining right now.I am not complaining.WE need it.This Drought has sucked big time.It's 37 F right now.

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
bring on the rain...i want to be able to water my lawn this spring...

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
It's raining cats and dogs....
Which is better than snow!

But I have Lenny Kravitz tonight, thankfully at Hammerstein so I won't get TOO wet walking a block from the train station.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
its snowing! :D

us too!!!!

Plus hail

and sleet

and rain

and wind

I think someone's cat just blew by the house.  :?

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Rainy this morning.Got 3 inches of rain.Nice and sunny at the moment.

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin

us too!!!!

Plus hail

and sleet

and rain

and wind

I think someone's cat just blew by the house.  :?

thjat sounds horrible. and i'm thinking it's a little frosty outside cause i had to put my jacket on...

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly

us too!!!!

Plus hail

and sleet

and rain

and wind

Great camping weather :D

It is kind of cold here; 3 or 4C

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
It's really nothing at all if you can sit inside and drink hot chocolate, unlike today. "Sure I'll shovel the driveway..."

8-9 hours of blizzard later...

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
it's gonna be 59 degrees F here...needs to warm up a bit - i don't like having to put on a jacket just to smoke a cigarette.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
it's gonna be 59 degrees F here...needs to warm up a bit - i don't like having to put on a jacket just to smoke a cigarette.

AMEN to that one. :lol:

Offline Rocker Mama

• Straight Shooter
  • Slash Rocks!
    • Yamaha Mama
23 days of rain this year so far here in NorCal.  And colder than usual.....I feel like I've moved to Seattle.

Bring on the summer!!!!