Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 57801 times)

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Huge, huge thunderstorm here now, rain pouring down, hurricane-like storm, my phone doesn't work, my cell phone doesn't work, trees falling apart in front of my window, you can hear fire engines every 2 minutes - I don't think I've ever experienced anything like that here before (in 36 years). I'm scared to death, help! :shock: :?

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
Scotland has mad weather.

Yesterday morning it was freezing cold and we had the heaviest rain Id seen all year!! Then by lunch time the sun came out and it was unbarelable hot!!!!

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
It has been extremely hot and muggy here since April. 3 months early and too long already, it's not supposed to be like that here in spring (our whole winter had spring weather and no snow at all - very untypical as well). And now this is the beginning of our summer. :shock: It's like Austria has slipped into a different climate zone in the last few years. It's not temperate anymore, it's tropical.

At least my phones seem to be working again.

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
One person dead already here, a crane operator. :(

Offline Just_Me

Its been very wet and cloudy here (South East England) for most of this week, getting ready for Glastonbury at the weekend.

Hopefully all the rain clouds will be busy down there and won't notice the Aerosmith gig in Hyde Park. It'll be fun no matter what but I'd prefere nice weather.

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Here they had to postpone the Streisand concert. It's tomorrow now, not today (doesn't affect me, but still ... what the hell is going on outside?). I just read, buildings falling apart as well, our airport is closed and flights are redirected to Bratislava. And I'm supposed to go to the store now, argh.

Offline gk

• Pea Gun Newbie

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
2 people dead here and still fire engines from time to time, a lot of damage - but the storm and rain and everything seems to be over now. It kind of freaked me out when all hell broke lose outside, you didn't know what was going to happen, my phones didn't work anymore and the internet seemed to be my only connection to the outside world. And I knew that my boyfriend was outside running errands and I couldn't even call him to see if everything is alright. :shock:

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
wow thats really bad.

weird weather here. one mintue the sun is out and theres hardly any clouds, and then it starts chucking it down.

last friday i was sitting an exam in my schools gym. it was terenchal rain, thunder and lighting.  it was making the building shake, it was really distracting.
then when we got let out, all the young school kids were running and diving around and screaming. going so over the top. it was like something out of a bad action film  :lol:

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
I'm a bit like those young school kids. :lol: I actually love thunderstorms, rain, even a lot of rain, all the thunder and lightening. Love to watch it. But this one today was a bit too much for me. This was more like a hurricane.

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Great, Groundhog Day here. Same as yesterday, just a lot more rain. Enough already ... :(

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
It's been great weather here in East Norway for a long time, really hot! But it's been raining like hell the two last days now

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
The weather seems to be very weird and chaotic in most parts of Europe. But I just did some research, Norway seems to have a bit of a different climate than the rest of Scandinavia. Or parts of Norway. Quite warm, etc.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
it's raining, but then again it always is

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
-21.1 F / -29.5 C  Windchill: -41 F / -41 C  Brrrrr

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
It's raining for more than a week, 25 C now
WTF this Summer is?
We always have more than 40 C and I wanna go to the beach!

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Pleasant earlier today.Cold right now.Rained earlier.

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
^^^thank god for the rain - i want to be able to continue to flush the toilet.

yeah - it was pretty in the big atl yesterday - a little chilli this morning but it'll warm up.

last week i had told hubby that we hadn't moved quite far south enough - it was way too cold.

i'm like gansinrosa - love love love thunderstorms. our old house had gotten hit by a tornado about ten years ago and we lived through it - so nothing scares me anymore.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^I wished that we would get some nasty Thunder Storms.We need the rain BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD.Summer time Thunder Storms are always the best. :wink:

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin

damn that's freezing!  literally  :lol: was chatting to someone in Canada yesterday who said its -46C.  :shock: I just can't imagine that kind of cold. coldest I get here is zero and no snow ever
we are finally getting summer a few months overdue so it's been around 26C most days - very pleasant

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
^^^That weather from out west is blowing my way quickly, it's about -20 with the windchill right now, the wind is blowing 120 km/h at last check, though it's gone down a tad in the past while.

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Thunderstorms knocked out my power last night; Then it got cold. High today 0C.

Offline Just_Me

I had to read that about 4 times before I accepted that was a minus sign and not a dash. :shock:

It's been suprisingly warm here recently, well...for January anyway. Still pretty cold on average, esspecially since my house has had no central heating for the last week or so. If we didn't have a fire place and a gas heater I'd be moving out. :lol:

It's supposed to snow later this week. Personally I hope it settles this time, it's just not the same if we don't get snow for at least one day each winter.

Offline harleygurl

• Straight Shooter
Weather almost killed me last night.  I was coming home from my friends house at like midnight and there's this curve on the top of a hill witha guard rail on the right side.  The snow was blowing so hard it drifted onto the road and we couldn't see because it had like this white-out affect.  We slowed down a little bit and it's a good thing we did b/c we bumped the guard rail. :shock: