Author Topic: 2007-07-05 - Whisky A Go Go, Los Angelse, CA, USA  (Read 42877 times)

Offline about_nothing

• Gunslinger
This is from a myspace bulletin that was put up..

Velvet Revolver is celebrating the release of Libertad with a show at the Whisky on Sunset in LA this Thursday, 7/5. Click on the link below to win tickets from the VR Fan Club for this once in a lifetime event!

Click here to enter!
http://www.velvetrevolver.com/subscribe.php?module=contest&fcsc=VRMSWH

Offline Chefmb

• Pea Gun Newbie
It's also posted on the Whisky website about the show being moved ot July 5th. It also says abot the various ways to get tickets.

http://www.whiskyagogo.com/whiskysite/home_fs.html

See ya at the show :beer:

Offline heidi

• Straight Shooter
so if you buy the c.d. that night ... they just give you a ticket or are we gonna have to buy the ticket too?

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
so if you buy the c.d. that night ... they just give you a ticket or are we gonna have to buy the ticket too?
You just need to buy the CD but there will be limited tickets…   so get there early.  Not sure if I can I work until late :(

1 ticket per CD you can get up to two tickets by purchasing two CDs

Offline weiland4me

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Scott is HOT..
I will be there tonight around 10pm to get in line. Cd's go on sale tonight at midnight.. Can't wait!!! :D

Offline dl8esman119

• Target Practice
  • VR Rocked My Socks Off!
    • My MySpace
I would have lined up at Virgin, but I have to work 3-11...so by the time I get my ass down there the line will be around the corner, and I'll be S.O.L. So now I'm just hoping to get picked for the fan club contest, I got lucky with the Nissan Live Sets, so hopefully I still have some luck left.  :shock:

Offline OhTheHorror

• Target Practice
I'll probably go to the Sunset store, do you guys really think a couple of hours in advance will be necessary to get a ticket???

Offline luvnduff

• Target Practice
Can anyone let me know if they can get an extra one? I know the max is 2 per person, but I'm in NJ right now and I'm getting to LA tomorrow....talk about timing man! I'll give you money for the cd and some extra cash on the side, for doing me a favor :) I just need one ticket please!

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
i paid my best friend and his brother to go sit at the store and secure me tickets

Offline luvnduff

• Target Practice
i paid my best friend and his brother to go sit at the store and secure me tickets

good call lol. I wish I had someone I could send down there....

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.war-bootlegs.tk

hey can you call your friend and ask him if theres alot of people waiting in line? and is he waiting at the sunset or hollywood store?

Offline OhTheHorror

• Target Practice
Wow, I would love to know that as well... I'd hate to go down there at like 11 and have no shot whatsoever...

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
looks like Jizzo left to get in line. i have to wait for my cousin so i might go at 8:30, hopefully i still get a ticket

Offline tetro

• Gunslinger
Only 50 tickets for the Virgin Megastore on Sunset, and there's 20 people in line. 

Offline tetro

• Gunslinger
There's less than 100 tickets at the one on Hollywood and you'd have to be there in less than an hour to secure a spot.  Oh well.

Offline OhTheHorror

• Target Practice
Just got off work, I can't bare the thought of standing in line for all those hours, maybe I will call the location at 10 something to see if there are still spots available.... :(

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
wow... people are already lining up? don't know if I will be able to get tickets then... :?

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
my friends are now in line

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
does anyone know how the lines are now?

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
apparently the hollywood store is all out of wristbands  :(
too bad i was really looking foward to going

Offline weiland4me

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Scott is HOT..
I arrived at hollywood/highland store @ 8pm. The store did run out of wristbands around 10pm. I did NOT get a wristband, so I don't have tixs!! :( That sucks!! People were in line at 4:00.... :shock:

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
I arrived at hollywood/highland store @ 8pm. The store did run out of wristbands around 10pm. I did NOT get a wristband, so I don't have tixs!! :( That sucks!! People were in line at 4:00.... :shock:

i heard some were there since 1pm. i didnt get a wristband either. im gonna try and win some from kroq if not then ill just wait till they tour here. it would be cool to see them in a small club again

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter

i heard some were there since 1pm. i didnt get a wristband either. im gonna try and win some from kroq if not then ill just wait till they tour here. it would be cool to see them in a small club again

a couple of my friends were going to get tickets for the show, but I let them know too late... i was going to take a couple days off and drive down there. 1:00... :shock: wow that's dedication! well at least VR's playing 2 nor cal shows in september  :) would have liked to see them in a more intimate setting though
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:49:38 PM by Daisy518 »

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
we didnt get tickets either

looks like ill be buying overpriced tickets from a scalper

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
it was fucken crazy today.  I took some pictures of a few shithead scalpers and was intending to post it all over the net but I'm over it.   I don't mind that I didn't get tickets it was just annoying to see the shit heads in the front. (the sunset store, highland had a lot of very cool VR fans )   Seriously.... They only gave away 50 tickets at each store and each person could buy two which meant only the first 25 people were getting tickets.  I went to hollywood and highland but it was crazy so I went to the one at sunset and there were a little over 50 people in front of me.   Time to go to plan B, C, and D ;)