Author Topic: 2007-07-05 - Whisky A Go Go, Los Angelse, CA, USA  (Read 41877 times)

Offline tetro

• Gunslinger
This was an awesome show.  Like Wendy said, it was totally intimate.  It was especially nice that the guy in front of me was shorter than me.   Time to sleep.

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
great show! i was able to get tickets this morning... anyway crowd was great, vr sounded awesome, only new song was pills, demons, etc. everything else i've already heard. they only did one encore, though. would have liked to see them change up the setlist. i was less than a foot away from scott when he ran over to the right side.  :D however i did get my phone ripped from my hands for sneaking a pic... they also made me delete all my pictures though.  :x should have lied and said i didn't take any. i'll write more later, really tired now.

Offline jnine

• Pea Gun Newbie
What a great show, the energy in the room was incredible!  Lots of people I recognized from other shows, it's good to see the fans ended up with the tickets.  I didn't see any jaded record company types.  The band seemed to be having fun and Scott did a backbend so low he looked like he was limboing.  I haven't noticed that Contraband girl tattoo that Slash has on his inner forearm before, is it new?  Scott sounded so good, they did Get Out the Door, which I loved.  Mike Dirnt was upstairs, I saw him go backstage after the show to talk to the guys, he signed autographs too.  The show was projected onto the huge billboards on the roof of the Whiskey so you could have watched the whole show from outside.  Here's the setlist, I'd post mine but I don't have my camera right now:

Let It Roll
Do It For the Kids
Sucker Train Blues
Superhuman
Last Fight
She Mine
Vasoline
Pills, Demons & etc.
Get Out The Door
Fall To Pieces
Just 16
It's So Easy
She Builds Quick Machines
Set Me Free

Encore
Psycho Killer
Slither

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
Awesome show! I got to meet all of the VR guys, except Scott cuz he was to cool for us..haha...

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:43:06 AM by Wendybird »

Offline centaine

• Gunslinger
  • Slashaholic and proud to be !
    • *Rockin' Graphix*

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
... Only one new new song?  :|

Wasn't this the CD release party?

P.S. jnine, I'm Lemonzinger on the Foo Postboard.

Offline centaine

• Gunslinger
  • Slashaholic and proud to be !
    • *Rockin' Graphix*
hope someone took some vid..i'm dyin' to see/listen to PIlls live!

cool pics!! i'm so jealous! XD

Offline Rock_Fan

• Gunslinger
Has any info been shared regarding this gig? Setlist etc. I've looked around and I have n't found anything!!

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
amazing show. i was so trashed but it was awesome. Especially when scott was introducing get out the door by talking about what its about and i shouted out get out the door, and he smiled, said thats right, this is get out the door

Offline jnine

• Pea Gun Newbie
Has any info been shared regarding this gig? Setlist etc. I've looked around and I have n't found anything!!

Look up a couple of posts, I posted the set list.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
Yah, this was the best VR show I've seen. I was front row, directly in front of duff's mic the whole night(which is a departure from my usual spot in front of slash) and I have to say, that I haven't seen them so "on" up untill this night. Scott seemed really into it at this show, much more so than other times I've seen them and he mentioned how he could feel the energy coming off the crowd. Pills, Demons, Etc was amazing live. They soundchecked it probabaly around 4-5 times earlier in the day. Also, another really cool thing was that they soundchecked "patience" and I think they were contemplating playing it as an instrumental with scott just singing the outro because when we walked into the club there was a sheet with the lyrics to the ending(the whole "yeah-e-yah, well I need you, ooooh I need you, etc) which he also sang during the soundcheck. Either way, it was great hearing them playing it in soundcheck and maybe it'll eventually make their set as an instrumental. Back to the show, Slash was his usual amazing self(sporting an old black death vodka shirt) and I have to say, I haven't seen Dave so into it since I was at the free hollywood parking lot show back in '04. He was going nuts at this show, headbanging like crazy and just going wild in general. The setlist was a pretty good mix up, 7 libertad tunes, 6 contraband tunes and 3 covers. I ended up getting two of duff's picks, a stick from matt and one of scott's towels(if you see the pictures with him with the towel on his head and his hat over it, that's the towel I got) and me n' my girl finally got to meet duff before the show. He was the only member in the band we hadn't met up untill that point. Anyhow, what an experience this show was. Oh by the way, I'm not sur eif anyone mentioned it but the entire whisky was Velvet Revolver-ized. They put big VR banners over all their stuff outside, so that's all that showed...just VR. It was awesome, finally seeing the whisky with pictures of a real fuckin rock band all over the building.

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie
i'm going to the whisky to get tix tomorrow. i might get there around 7 or something.maybe even earlier. yes i know. early. but its the only way. if any of you are going to be there, you can look for me and we can talk. i'm going to be there alone so... i'm a girl with medium length dark brown hair, kind of olive skin, and i have a nose ring. i'm like 5'5.  :D good luck to everyone!
I was the guy who introduced myself to you at the end of the show ,pretty girl just sayin high again

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie
Just got home.   I left a little early cause I'm feeling like shit.    (flu)
it was nice to see everyone that tried to get a ticket actually got one.   I recognized a few people from the line on Monday.   It was a very energetic show, I swear the entire building was bouncing.   People were packed like sardines.    To me the venue seemed to be a bit smaller than the Roxy which is tiny.  There were kids of all ages.   This little boy who was about 8-9 I think was rocking out in front of me.    There was no barrier between the fans and the stage which made way more intimate.   As I was driving by the venue, I felt the music exploding out of place.   Even if you didn't have tickets you could have easily enjoyed it from the outside. anyhow have to crash now.

oh yeah I'm glad I didn't take my camera cause security were being camera nazis   
Hey,hope u r feeling better had the time of my life up front as personal a concert experience as I have ever had and I wrote a review...take care

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie
what new songs from the album did they play that we haven't heard them perform live?
depends when you have seen them

Offline Daisy518

• Straight Shooter
there are pics up at wireimage.com and gettyimages.com

again, what a great show!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:33:21 PM by Daisy518 »

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
Here's me n duff from before the show

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/axlism/menthekingsbeers.jpg

hahaha...thats me in the back right side of the pic...lol...i look retarded

But, anywho....AWESOME day! It was totally worth standing in-line from 10am to 2pm to secure tickets for this show!!! My girl and I actually got there around 8:30am just that we didnt see anyone in line so we went to eat some breakfast.

See you guys at Jimmy Kimmel!!
Take it easy!!

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger

But, anywho....AWESOME day! It was totally worth standing in-line from 10am to 2pm to secure tickets for this show!!! My girl and I actually got there around 8:30am just that we didnt see anyone in line so we went to eat some breakfast.

Take it easy!!

yah we had tickets already but got there at 9am to secure our spots in the front..and then they pulled the bullshit where we had to leave and come back later, so that sucked....but it was still all worht it just hangin around there all day.

Offline IN UTERO

• Staff
  • What's Next!
This show at the Whisky was great... very small venue. I walked into the venue as VR were coming down the stairs onto the stage, the show started right when I walked in.

There really was no where to stand and the venue looked over sold to me but then again I've never came in to a show so late. This was the smallest place I've ever seen Velvet Revolver play at and it was really HOT in the Whisky. There really wasn't a bad spot to stand.. except for me who is short and can't see shit from behind people except their head.

I finally found a nice spot by the bar to watch the show :D 

VR was on FIRE, extremely tight. Unusually tight, like I've never seen them this TIGHT!!

I'm so glad I went, missed my Wendybird who was in there somewhere.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:31:02 PM by IN UTERO »

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice

Take it easy!!

yah we had tickets already but got there at 9am to secure our spots in the front..and then they pulled the bullshit where we had to leave and come back later, so that sucked....but it was still all worht it just hangin around there all day.

Yeah that totally sucked cuz people that got there all late ended up being all the way against the front rail, which was pretty unfair, but fuck it! I was on Slash's side 1 person behind so i was good! At that point i didnt care where i was standing cuz i was just happy that i met most of the guys from VR before the show!! :D

Offline linkster

• Pea Gun Newbie

Take it easy!!

Yeah that totally sucked cuz people that got there all late ended up being all the way against the front rail, which was pretty unfair, but fuck it! I was on Slash's side 1 person behind so i was good! At that point i didnt care where i was standing cuz i was just happy that i met most of the guys from VR before the show!! :D
What was up with that one crazy skank ,that the security finally tossed

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
What was up with that one crazy skank ,that the security finally tossed

[/quote]

Yeah that chick was fuckin going crazy! I had to elbow her a couple of times so that she would get off me!!
People were yanking at her hair, smacking the shit out of her and she still wouldnt stop!...lol...i bet she was on something!! It seemed like she was trying to get Slash's attention or something!

Offline cstu

• Pea Gun Newbie
Thanks for making me laugh remembering that crazy bitch.