Author Topic: 2007-07-05 - Whisky A Go Go, Los Angelse, CA, USA  (Read 42332 times)

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
According to Donovan Leitch on CFR as of like 2 seconds ago, VR is rumoured to play LA somewhere on July 4th.

~simba_317
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:22:39 PM by simba317 »

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
that doesn't give me much time to get there....

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
    • My deviantArt Account
Whisky A Go Go on the Sunset Strip. Matt just confirmed.

~simba_317

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
matt also gave a shout out to ME lol

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
    • My deviantArt Account
lol, yeah. ;)

Oh and VR are going to be doing press in the UK after the tour ends.

~simba_317

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
ill see if i can find out more about the press...tv appearances etc...

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR
Oh, that is SO awesome. Why don't I live in LA again???

Offline Darkburst

• Staff

I don't know, but you should just up and move here like I did. So many good rock bands to see every week.

Offline Ericaaa

• Gunslinger
  • Hell Bent for VR

I don't know, but you should just up and move here like I did. So many good rock bands to see every week.

I really thought about transferring to school out there... it would be incredible!

Offline VR ESP

• Target Practice
This is awesome news!  I'm definetly going!  That's gonna' be awesome!

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
edit: 660 for the flight

anyone know anywhere cheap to stay in LA for 5 nights?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:42:55 AM by Alan »

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
How do we get tickets?  Just checked ticketmaster... nothing yet.

Offline Rasha818

• Gunslinger
    • Ultimate Rock Gods
I find this weird... I called the Whiskey last night and they're denying it. Probably because its either not true, or they don't want to admit it so they don't cause a frenzy. Either way, I'm heading over there tonight to talk to my friend that works there, and buying tickets for me and Alan if they're selling them.

Surprises me that they're doing a show at the Whiskey.. its a small place, I've booked a lot of bands to play there, its really for bands that don't have many fans, because the Whiskey doesn't have much room.

Oh well, we'll see tonight :D

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
    • My deviantArt Account
Well...it was just spilled by Matt on CFR...so that's probably why. lol. No one really 'official' with the management. And they probably wanted the Whisky because it's a historic place, especially for Slash and Duff. They got their start there, along with the Troubadour and the Roxy...so it seems definitely appropriate for them to perform there when their album drops.

~simba_317

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
this will be the best 4th of juyl EVER. Then 8 days later, I get to see them on Jimmy Kimmel. I wonder if they will do any other promo stuff in L.A., like in store signings or anything.

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent
I would love to see them at the Whiskey.. Or any show period...

Offline Dufferslash_4evah

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
i hope I am able to at least make it to the jimmy kimmel show.  that would be cool

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Seeing VR in the Whisky would be incredible. Its a legendary venue and as Simba said has a lot of history, definately for Slash and Duff and probably Dave as well.

Plus I seem to remember them kicking off the American leg of the Contraband tour with a small LA show, I think its just something they like to do since its pretty much the bands home town.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
"Plus I seem to remember them kicking off the American leg of the Contraband tour with a small LA show"

They did a free show in a parking lot in Hollywood at the instersection of Selma and Ivar. It was an amazing show. I was front row in front of duff for it.

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
Seeing VR in the Whisky would be incredible. Its a legendary venue and as Simba said has a lot of history, definately for Slash and Duff and probably Dave as well.

Plus I seem to remember them kicking off the American leg of the Contraband tour with a small LA show, I think its just something they like to do since its pretty much the bands home town.

That was the Roxy show on Mother's Day (2004?).

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
  • One click and I can make you disappear

That was the Roxy show on Mother's Day (2004?).

Yeah, May 9, 2004.

http://www.velvet-revolver.com/concerts/page/index.php?page=040509_HollywoodCA

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.war-bootlegs.tk
if they are playing here in july 4th they should email the fan club members who are located in the LA email via email and let them know how we can get tickets

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
if they are playing here in july 4th they should email the fan club members who are located in the LA email via email and let them know how we can get tickets

Somehow I've got a feeling the fan club is not going to be offering tickets.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think they are going to consider this a 'private' show and that is not a part of the advertised 'tour'.  Guess we'll see....

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
live stes wasn't really "part of the tour" and we got in on that early.

Offline spu_loves_VR

• Pea Gun Newbie
where would i be able to find a podcast of this i missed it
if its not much of a hastle can sumone give me a url to it thanks