Author Topic: 2007-04-28 Gilby Clarke On Camp Freddy  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Never thought I'd be the one posting this thing.

From Billy blog:
Dave and I are back together this weekend and we have Gilby Clarke coming in to hang with us I am really looking forward to getting with Dave on Saturday. I only took one week away and it feels like a month!! I totally enjoy doing CFR and look forward to it every week. Tune in on 103.1FM or www.indie1031.fm on Saturday night from 6.00pm to 8.00pm West Coast time.

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
I'm actually really looking forward to hearing it this weekend because of Gilby.

~simba_317

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
before AFD  GNR sounded like shit.....i am surprised......but-all bands start somewhere-sayin that tho where was he when this was goin on....kills for thrills???
soundslike supernova is no more

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I missed it, someone wanna fill me in?

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
Kind of surprising that VR hasn't taken advantage of CFR to promote Libertad yet, and since the US club tour starts next week, May 26 would be the first (only) possibility...

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Any idea if there is/is going to be a pod cast of the show with Gilby?

I'm suprised they haven't made more use of it for promotion as well.  Aside from Matt talking about making the album occasionally they haven't even mentioned it on there.  But it would make sense to do something before/during their US tour.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
iv just sent the podcast to billy so itl be up there by 5pm uk time

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
before AFD  GNR sounded like shit.....i am surprised......but-all bands start somewhere-sayin that tho where was he when this was goin on....kills for thrills???
soundslike supernova is no more

Well, from the articles I've read on HTGTH and www.allthingsconsideredslash.com and what I've gathered from the early days, so like AFDish was basically GN'R was either sucked balls or was absolutely killer live, from their own words, basically. But having saw some early gigs they did at the Roxy and stuff on youtube, I would disagree with them basically sucking and being terrible live.

Also, Gilby put up on his myspace that he was still part of Supernova, so I have no clue what's up on that front.

~simba_317

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Well GNR got signed on the strength of their live shows, obviously before AFD was released, so they can't have all sucked.

Offline roach_coach

• Straight Shooter
GNR probably had a hit/miss audience back in the day.