Author Topic: Can Anyone Play Sweet Child Of Mine second solol  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
How long did it take them, im up to the part where he turns the wah on and goes nuts with the legato, im not really having much luck though and im a bit stuck it's so hard!!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
How long did it take them, im up to the part where he turns the wah on and goes nuts with the legato, im not really having much luck though and im a bit stuck it's so hard!!

Remeber, it's tough to play fast, but break it waaaayyyy down. Break it into bits and pieces. Play them slowly, and once you can play each bit the proper speed, try playing the whole thing, and same with that, gradually get faster and faster.

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
thanks i think my pinky still needs some discipline

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
thanks i think my pinky still needs some discipline

the pinky always needs more discipline  :D I still make sure I do extra strength exercises on mine.

Offline black_rose4862

• Sniper Assassin
  • 100% Geordy.
im up to the part where he turns the wah on and goes nuts with the legato, im not really having much luck though and im a bit stuck

same here... :roll:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Remember, if you're using tabs, break it into pieces, say 4 pieces, learn to play each individually, then play them slowly, and work the speed up after you can play them perfectly slow, then after you can play all the bits put them together.

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Dude. Im learning it right now too. Thought I should learn one of slash's best solos. Instead of just improvising everytime I play a GNR song....

I was looking at some tabs and what made me happy was that I know like 75% of the licks he uses in the solo. The sadening part was the wah build up haha. But ya Im giving myself atleast a month and a hlaf to get it down at normal speed. and another month to get it same speed as slash. Or hopefully sooner.

How bouts we post our finished results later?

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
ok, i havent really been applying myself to it lately but yeh, im just working on legato in egenral the notes i play with the pinky are lower in volume than the one's witht he first fingers and it's all meant to be constant and the same hehe

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Yeah. I BARELY use my pinky ever. Only use it for chords. Or long streches. So Im gonna have fun with my pinky during this :P

Offline MXR

• Target Practice
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:00:10 AM by MXR »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
check my video out....now I play it better

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5366/aaalondon024op3.jpg

Better!? Man the first video of you playing it was awesome. Your so good!

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_y3RNUZuc

Not a fan of the wah before the legato, but that was dead set awsome, have you nailed legato, i find some of my notes are lower in volume than they should be, the legato run how much so you actually pic?

Offline MXR

• Target Practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_y3RNUZuc

Not a fan of the wah before the legato, but that was dead set awsome, have you nailed legato, i find some of my notes are lower in volume than they should be, the legato run how much so you actually pic?

I'm sorry, I'm not english, I don't understand, if you please write it in a simple way  :D

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Non un ventilatore del wah prima del legato, ma ciò era awsome di serie morto, lei ha inchiodato legato, trovo alcuni delle mie note sono più basse nel volume di dovrebbero essere, il legato ha corso quanto cosí lei effettivamente il pic?

that's what he said. That was an online translator so I hope it helped :lol:

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
Non un ventilatore del wah prima del legato, ma ciò era awsome di serie morto, lei ha inchiodato legato, trovo alcuni delle mie note sono più basse nel volume di dovrebbero essere, il legato ha corso quanto cosí lei effettivamente il pic?

haha cool thanks :)

Offline MXR

• Target Practice

:shock:
huahaha pleaz don't use online translator, it doesn't work, I think it's more understandable the question in english than this translation  :D

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
hahaha alright. I know they don't really work, I thought it might help though. As for the playing, it was amazing, as always.

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
MXR how long did it take you to learn the solo?

You are so good at it. Fluent all teh way through... I wish I could play that.

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
MXR how long did it take you to learn the solo?

You are so good at it. Fluent all teh way through... I wish I could play that.

yep its very good