Author Topic: Slipknot  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
Slipknot,will release new DVD "Voliminal: Inside The Nine" on December 5, 2006.

A special double disc package, "Voliminal: Inside The Nine" takes the viewer on a several hour journey into the world of Slipknot as the band recently circled the globe in support of the multi-platinum album "Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)". Far from your usual tour film, "Voliminal: Inside the Nine" is more of an art piece ? while fans are taken in the studio, on stage, backstage, on their tour bus and everywhere in between as they experience the energy of a band literally living, breathing and fighting for the music they created, none of it unfolds in ways you'd expect.

The interviews on this disc are just as groundbreaking as anything the band has ever done. After twelve years, everything is about to change. Nothing is held back and everything is discussed.

Offline VRPlush

• Gunslinger
  • Best in the World.
Seems to be good, maybe I'll but it.

Offline velvetrocks1

• Gunslinger
Discuss this great heavy metal band here, I have herd the new album believe me it's amazing it's slipknots black album. Iowa was my favorite till now.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
It is really good.I would not even compare it to the black album. :lol:

Slipknot & Iowa are incredibly awesome.Subliminal Verses is awesome but in a different sense.

People= SHIT is classic.So is The Heretic Anthem.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
  • Thrashin's My Business And Business Is Good!
Yah i love Iowa! and your right there vfly! People = Shit is an awesome song and im sure its amazing live (will find out in December.  :P

As for a the new album. I think it has a few really good songs but also a few very weak songs. I also dont like how Stone Sours sound has influenced some of the songs... or is that maturing  :? Looking forward to Metallicas new album and Megadeths future album (began recording recently). Good year upto now for Albums and gigs!

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot but I did like Iowa alot. My brother is a huge fan and downloaded their newest album yesterday off iTunes. I listened to it and I said to my brother, "did Stone Sour take over Slipknot?" Seriously, it seemed like in between each classic-sounding Slipknot song was a Stone Sour track. Good band but new CD, meh.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
I'm not a big fan of Slipknot but I did like Iowa alot. My brother is a huge fan and downloaded their newest album yesterday off iTunes. I listened to it and I said to my brother, "did Stone Sour take over Slipknot?" Seriously, it seemed like in between each classic-sounding Slipknot song was a Stone Sour track. Good band but new CD, meh.

Completely agree. Apart from a few tracks... its a small let down imo. Was expecing something great.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I was never a big fan of their debut album or Iowa (until recently when I realised that it's not as bad as I thought it was when I first heard it), and never really got into the band until the Stone Sour influence came along.
I love Stone Sour, and was always confused about why Corey wasted such a great voice in Slipknot, and when Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses was released it blew me away.  Slipknot had found melody, and released their most varied album yet.  Vermilion parts 1 and 2 amazed me.  On hindsight though, that album was a little unfocused, seemingly trying to bridge that gap between Slipknot and Stone Sour.

The new album however on the first listen sounds a lot more cohesive.  It's a lot more consistently heavy that Subliminal Verses, but without losing the sense of melody from that album that finally made me able to appreciate them as a band.  It certainly didn't surpass any expectations, but I'm far from disappointed, either.  In my opinion it's Slipknot better than they have ever been before.  Another band who seems to benefit from using more commercial song structures rather than trying to push any boundaries.
A lot has been made of various members of the band claiming that this is Slipknot's last album, and after they've finished touring behind this, they're done for good.  If this is true, it's a fitting swansong.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
according to an interview they did with TG it's not their last.

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
heard the new song on the radio yesterday - not bad...

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
Heres Coreys view on Illegal downloading:

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/08/corey_taylor_steps_into_illega.html

"I think it's the quality of the product. If record companies would stop giving any fucking mook on the street with a fringe a record deal or their own record label, maybe you would sell more fucking albums, dipshits."  :lol:

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Yeah... because people are going to illegally download music that sucks. :lol:
People download albums because they like the bands that record them.  No matter how good the record is, there are people who just refuse to pay for it.  It has nothing to do with bad quality music... because if it was, no one would even download it.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
Yeah... because people are going to illegally download music that sucks. :lol:
People download albums because they like the bands that record them.  No matter how good the record is, there are people who just refuse to pay for it.  It has nothing to do with bad quality music... because if it was, no one would even download it.

There is alot of great music out there. Just alot of it is a load of shit. Kerrang promotes alot of music which is in the trend at the moment. Whether or not people like it... alot of it sucks. Look at bands like Dragonforce, HIM, Bring Me The Horizon, Mindless Self Indulgence which are just awefull! I personally dont like alot of the Mainstream music at the moment. I guess thats just me waving my opinion flag about but i realy do dislike alot of it.

I have downloaded music. I have bought albums. I buy albums which i think are good. Download songs which i think are good. Most of the albums i own are old 80's or 90's albums (old to me  :lol: ) and a few like Formation Of Damnation, United Abominations, All hope is gone, Enter The Grave, Watershed, Clouds over California, Genesis, In Sorte Diablo and soon to be... Death Magnetic, The Age Of Nero. I just dont feel like paying £8 on an album when there is a couple good songs and the rest is utter shite. Thats why i download.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
I'm loving the new album, it's got more stone sour sounds to it

Snuff and Pyschosocial are my faves right now

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://loudwire.com/slipknot-return-to-studio-early-2013-brutal-new-album/

Slipknot Plan Return to Studio in Early 2013 for ‘Brutal’ New Album

Slipknot are planning to enter the studio in early 2013 to record a new album, which will be their first release following the tragic 2010 death of bassist and founding member Paul Gray,

The masked marauders, who are headlining this summer’s Mayhem Festival tour, will start recording the follow-up to 2008′s ‘All Hope Is Gone’ in early 2013, according to DJ Sid Wilson. He explains that the group will wait for singer Corey Taylor to finish up his touring obligations in the fall with his other band Stone Sour before beginning work on the new Slipknot disc in earnest.

“We’ve got Mayhem Festival this summer and, after we break for winter and Stone Sour are done with their tour, we’ll be back in the kitchen with Slipknot,” Wilson reveals to NME. “Actually, before Stone Sour finish touring we’ll be in the studio preparing for Corey’s return, keeping the irons hot.”

Wilson continues, “It’ll be tough, it won’t be easy. Slipknot’s the biggest thing in all of our lives, but we’re always going to come back to it. We’re going to get it done. I’m excited and I’m ready to do it … I’m sick of hearing people talk, it’s time for action. When we come together, it’s badass; we need to harness that energy of the live shows. When we come together like we always do, it’s going to be brutal.”

Slipknot will share the stage with Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax and others on this year’s Mayhem Festival tour. Stay tuned for more updates on Slipknot’s next album as the news breaks.