Author Topic: Anyone else think management is managing everything poorly??  (Read 2946 times)

Offline guns_n_motley

• Gunslinger
Now im not bashing, but a tour is starting, low ticket sales. very little promotion... No news on New cd, new single etc.. It just seems to me like management is handling everything very poorly...

ive seen bands that are 1/100 gnrs size, yet their management handles everything better..

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
I think most of us are pretty disappointed in the lack of promo and venues not selling out.  However, I do believe that once the album comes out we will see some heavy coverage.  I am pretty certain that there is already a big magazine exclusive for Axl already agreed.  I would think there will be some sort of TV deal arranged too.

So the sooner we get the album the better.

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
I think most of us fans will have some kind of gripe over the management from time to time, as we would love to know a bit more ''official news''.  But GN'R have done pretty well over the years keeping their fanbase going through basically doing nothing to keep us updated so that alone speaks volumes about the amount of interest GN'R have maintained over the years.  Obviously, had there been more promotion the gigs would have sold more tickets, but considering what we're NOT being fed, they're doing pretty well.

Once the CD is released it'll be a Media Explosion- and for that, I can't wait  :headbanger:

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
I disagree with poor ticket sales.....

European tour was practically sold out and in the states a couple of shows are sold out too. The first two gigs of the US tour also have had fans saying they looked around and they could barely see empty seats.

Undoubtedly however the rescheduling of some shows could be related to ticket sales but when the album is out or news of it is out they will sell great.

Offline Just_Me

I'm not sure about how well the European tour sold.  Apparently the Wembley dates sold out, but I was there and there was a lot of empty space both on the floor and in the seats.  And not just the crappy seats up the back either.

The US tour is selling slowly, tickets have been on sale for nearly a month and only 2 venues have sold out.  On the other hand 2 weeks ago they were the fastest selling act on www.pollstar.com so apparently ticket sales are slow in general in the US at the moment.

So far I think managements biggest mistake was the whole fiasco with the Harley-Davidson advert, and the Rolling Stone article.  Merck did an interview with them, then ordered Jarmo to deny it existed and stop people talking about it.
He needs to make up his mind.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
both those things were put out too early thats why merck asked jarmo to pull them off his site.

the first show of the US tour sold out, the second was about 80% the venue holds 22,000 so thats still alot of tickets sold.

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
I think we all know gnr are poorly managed....

But the album will sell its self thanks to the cult following the band have and the irrifutable interest rock fans and critics alike have maintained in the band over the years.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
I don't know if I've ever seen a major band go so far as to state a tentative release date, begin a tour, and yet not release a single. The worst album management I had seen prior to this was for STP's last album. This trumps that debacle in every way. There are alot of potential GNR fans to be had out there that are aching for a good rock record, and the chance to capitalize on that is being wasted. I've been avoiding listening to the leaks so that I can actually hear a CD quality version once it is available. I'd like to be able to hear that prior to the Nov. 21st "release date".

Offline guns_n_motley

• Gunslinger
I don't know if I've ever seen a major band go so far as to state a tentative release date, begin a tour, and yet not release a single. The worst album management I had seen prior to this was for STP's last album. This trumps that debacle in every way. There are alot of potential GNR fans to be had out there that are aching for a good rock record, and the chance to capitalize on that is being wasted. I've been avoiding listening to the leaks so that I can actually hear a CD quality version once it is available. I'd like to be able to hear that prior to the Nov. 21st "release date".

EXACTLY!!! theres bands who are soo much smaller than GNR but are managed better..

Offline Just_Me

Rolling Stone said November 21st was the release date, not the band.

Offline guns_n_motley

• Gunslinger
Rolling Stone said November 21st was the release date, not the band.

True, but it isnt out of the question is it??? merck said it could be released any tuesday..

Offline Just_Me

Its not out of the question.  But its still not an official release date, tentative or otherwise.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
For Rolling Stone to even mention a date is indicative enough that they received some information from either the band's management or their label. Regardless how crappy Rolling Stone has become over the years, they are consistent with not mentioning a release date unless they are actually sure of said date. They would have put "sometime this year" in it's stead if that were indeed the case. This may not even be true, but think about it this way; I don't think anyone disputes that GNR wants this album out before the end of the year. They've been saying that is the goal all along, and they are in the process of an extended tour. They probably won't release it any earlier than that 11/21 release date, and their is less than a month between that date and the end of prime Christmas sales period. Even if they do release it at the end of the year and not 11/21, this has been shit poor management.

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
what management actually manages stuff well? :lol: jk, yeah, they aren't doing too well promoting this...

Offline Spidervein

• Sniper Assassin
ticket sales are so bad they are not even selling on ebay :(

granted they sold out MSG but it took 10 days

Offline SlashNX

• Straight Shooter
maybe after all the money spent on the album there is no more money for publicity!  :P

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
first show was a sell out second show in a 22,000 arena was 80% full, most of the shows won't sell out untill the day unless there is an album or at least a single to promote.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
ticket sales are so bad they are not even selling on ebay :(

granted they sold out MSG but it took 10 days

not bad for a band who have zero promotion :wink:

i just want the band members to gain recognition for their work and persistence when the album is out. i have so much respect for them, it cant be easy stepping into the shoes of the old band, and they must get tired and pissed off playing all the old material over and over again, but they put everythig they have into it. i respect that. i just hope they get the respect they deserve when their material is released, id like to see some promo for band members like finck.