Author Topic: 2006-10-13 - Benefit for Officer Jim Mulay - The Canyon Club, Agoura Hills, CA, USA  (Read 31143 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
VELVET REVOLVER, POISON guitarist C.C. Deville and RHINO BUCKET are among the artists that will reportedly perform at a benefit show on October 14 at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, CA. The the concert/fundraiser is being held for LA County Sheriff's Department deputy Jim Mulay (photo), who was critically injured while on duty during the attempted apprehension of an armed bank robbery suspect on August 28, 2006, in the city of Malibu. Mulay suffered a crushed spine, broken back and pelvis, and multiple broken ribs after the suspect intentionally rammed his car into Mulay's motorcycle, according to Sheriff's officials. Jim is improving daily, but is facing an extremely lengthy recovery and rehabilitation. In addition to the concert/fundraiser, a sheriff's relief fund has also been established for the continuing needs of Jim and his family during his lengthy battle to recover.

Deputy John Maio from the LA County Sheriff's Department told BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "We are also having a raffle during the show in which numerous artists/sports figures and restaurants have donated to. Ted Nugent and Eddie Van Halen are both sponsoring this event and have donated autographed guitars for the event. There is a chance Eddie may even play but it is NOT confirmed. He is a big sponsor of our event along with Ted Nugent." Other musicians expected to perform at the concert include STARBANGERS (an all-star house band featuring Eric Dover [JELLYFISH, SLASH], Brian Tichy [BILLY IDOL], Derek Sherinian [BILLY IDOL], and Stefan Adika [GILBY CLARKE]), Terri Nunn (BERLIN), and Dilana ("Rock Star: Supernova").

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=59895

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
damn, too bad i live on the east coast

Offline centaine

• Gunslinger
  • Slashaholic and proud to be !
    • *Rockin' Graphix*
too bad i live in europe  :?

cool news, thanx  8)

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
wow theres afew shows propping im the past few months, hopefully not the last of them

Offline Dufferslash_4evah

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
I just got my tickets!!  !! I cant wait.. even if its only for a couple songs.. its worth it!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 04:34:40 PM by Dufferslash_4evah »

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
I just got my tickets!!  !! I cant wait.. even if its only for a couple songs.. its worth it!

congrats! try and get us some pics or even video's if you could  :)...to supply our addiction!  :lol:

Offline UNKNOWN BEING

• Pea Gun Newbie
i am so going! i only live like 36 miles from there so there's nothing stopping me!
I just got my tickets!! !! I cant wait.. even if its only for a couple songs.. its worth it!

hey how much were the tickets? hopefully i can get mine tomorrow...

Offline johnsamo

• Target Practice
My guess is, maybe the Malibu Sheriff's Department has cut some of these guys some slack before.... that and it never hurts to earn a few credits for future problems.... A good cause, anyway though.

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
i am so going! i only live like 36 miles from there so there's nothing stopping me!
I just got my tickets!! !! I cant wait.. even if its only for a couple songs.. its worth it!

hey how much were the tickets? hopefully i can get mine tomorrow...
they were 35 bucks a pop plus some added charges. my 3 ticket total was $145

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
hmm... don't know what to do. This or circus diablo at the viper....

edit:  it looks like circus diablo won
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:00:12 PM by Wendybird »

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
diablo at the viper would also be awesome....i cnt see it being a full vr setlist either.
wendybird are you gonna go to the CF gig in the O.C?

Offline Wendy

• Sniper Assassin
diablo at the viper would also be awesome....i cnt see it being a full vr setlist either.
wendybird are you gonna go to the CF gig in the O.C?
Maybe not sure yet

edit:  gonna do my best to get in
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:01:32 PM by Wendybird »

Offline isabelle_guns

• Sniper Assassin
  • Trying to live one beat at a time
    • http://www.lollypopshoved.com/LOLLYPOPSITE/duff.htm
Those who are going, due tell how things went.

Offline stone_roses

• Gunslinger
I would adore to go. Also would love to see Slash n CC to play together, oh how wonderful that would be.

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
Well, hopefully i can record in there, and if I do, i'll try to remember not to keep my camera on Duff throughout the song... :lol:     I wonder what they r going to play??

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
I doubt they'll play new songs, but I'm still hoping!

Offline Rasha818

• Gunslinger
    • Ultimate Rock Gods
Thats this saturday. The Canyon Club is about 4 miles from my work, and about 10 from my house. I've been there before and I didn't understand why they chose that club to do the benefit, (cause its mainly country), but my sister told me why and it makes sense.
Anyways, I called the place to get tickets but you have to go through ticketmaster. Each ticket is $35 (which is fine) but theres another $27 per ticket charge(i hate ticketmaster). Not worth it. And that doesnt include dinner. But if you don't make a dinner reservation than you don't get seats and you have stand up towards the back. Add on dinner and its another $100 for food that sucks (I've been there a few times, so I speak from experience).

All in all, I'm donating money straight to the foundation but I'm not going. $200+ isn't worth watching VR perform 2 songs and than a bunch of other people I'm not sure I even like. But ya kno, I'd pay Slash $200 to hit CC Deville over the head with his guitar. Hell, I'd pay anyone to do that.

Offline Rasha818

• Gunslinger
    • Ultimate Rock Gods

I made dinner reservations, but I'm not going. If you want them, let me know, I'll just give you my name. That goes for anyone else thats going and wants dinner reservations

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
dinner reserations just to get to sit up close?     thats lame of the place.  I just paid 145 dollars for three tix... isnt that enough? My tickets say 2 drink minimum.    well Im happy just to go..... well anyways i just looked at the floorplan for the place and it shows that there is a dance floor. I think I am going to be in that spot.. I wouldnt sit for VR anyways
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:21:40 PM by Dufferslash_4evah »

Offline Rasha818

• Gunslinger
    • Ultimate Rock Gods
Okay well, if anyone wants my dinner reservations, its under the name Rasha ***** I won't give my number out here, but you can email me if you decide to take them. RashasBetter@aol.com.

In fact, I'm not sure you need the phone number.. maybe just the name.

Please do not give out your last name on the forum
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:31:44 PM by Velvet Revolver »

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
Okay I just got back from the concert!  what a night!    Lots of bands played that ive never heard of.. Then  Rage Against the Machinehead came on for about 5 songs, the RUE for another 5 or six songs, Rhino Bucket came on and they did pretty good. then StarF%^ckers came on and CC Deville came during their set for 2 songs, one of the songs was "Helter Skelter".  Then Terri Nunn came onstage and sang 2 songs, one of which was from Steelers Wheel "Stuck in the MIddle". Dilana came out after that and sang "Roxanne", and "Zombie" from the Cranberries  and also a few other songs (my mind is blurry). VR came on at about 11:30 ish. Pamela Anderson came out and introduced them.
Their set list was

1. Do it For the Kids
 2. Its So Easy
 3. Interstate Love Song
 4. Surrender
 5.Road House Blues
 6. Used to Love Her
 7. Slither

NO NEW SONGS PLAYED!                     They kicked ass.  Very rockin show. It was totally worth my money. Ill have some pics up when I get back to my hometown on Monday.  I was right up to the end of the stage on Duffs side. No security, no barriers, it was so much fun!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:16:31 AM by Dufferslash_4evah »

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
Thanks for the review!

What an strange show! Only one VR song...I will pay for this version of Interstate love song.

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
Oh I forgot... Dave smashed his guitar at the end.... scared the crap outta me bv i was about 8 feet away.. thought I was going to get hit with something

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
Thanks for the review!

What an strange show! Only one VR song...I will pay for this version of Interstate love song.

You and me both.

Offline mayo3325

• Sniper Assassin
Oh I forgot... Dave smashed his guitar at the end.... scared the crap outta me bv i was about 8 feet away.. thought I was going to get hit with something

Didn't he do that at the New Year's Eve show too?? Damn, I would just love to see him do that  :lol: