Author Topic: Running  (Read 8238 times)

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Anybody else out here a runner? Whether it's track, distance or marathons.

I'm a distance runner, I do cross-country (my favourite), lol. Also many 5K Road races. My times arn't amazing, but not bad. I'll also do track just to keep me in shape, but I'll do the 3000m or Steeplechase (2000m). I love it all though. Anyone else?

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
I've got a 5k coming up in a month or so in Chicago and a 5 mile European style cross country race a few months later. I just competed in the Chicago Triathlon last month, too. So yea, I'm a bit of a runner.

Offline Miss Brownstone

• Straight Shooter
  • You're in the jungle sweet child O'mine!
I do 5k but not for competition. Actually I do it as training for competition.

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
I'm more of a sprinte,r 100 metres my personal best is 12.7 secs :lol: and sometimes 200 metres, I do the 100m relay too. I'm pretty useless at everything else. I'm decent at 3000m but I've never really pushed myself for it, not my kinda distance  :lol:.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I used to run a mean sprint, until i tore the tendons out of my knees

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Wow scottyh, that's amazing! You're pretty busy with it eh! Awesome.
I'm such a terrible sprinter, my hundred is like 14 seconds, haha! So I stick with 5K-10K.
What're some of all of your personall bests for any distance?
Mine arn't to impressive, but it's all for fun.
5K I've hit 19:37, 3000m- 10:07

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
Yeah that's amazing scottyh. I would love to do Triathlon one day. Even though my dad reckons its for men who are in bad relationships and trying to get away from their girlfriends etc or lonely people "Look love I've gotta go for a swim, then I've got to get on the bike, then go for a run." On a serious note, it does really improve your fitness levels I suppose. Some of my PB's

100m-12.7 secs
200m-25.1 secs
400m-60 secs -The bends just kill me  :lol:

I can't remember my longer distance pb's but they are pretty poor  :D

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Wow scottyh, that's amazing! You're pretty busy with it eh! Awesome.
I'm just trying to right some wrongs from my high school years. That triathlon nearly killed me (quick tip, don't do it unless you're a good swimmer   :eek:).

My bests...
5k; 17:15
400; 56 seconds
800; 2:09
1600; in race 5:00.02 (no shit), and in practice I apparently was below 5, but I have no idea

I've never done the steeplechase, though I've always wanted to try it.

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Wow, those are amazing! Haha, my 400m PB is 1:06, but that was during interval training, and after I'd done about 8 already, lmao! Oh man, Steeple is so much fun! Even if you don't do well, it's just a fun race to do, because it's so different from any other track race- I love it.
Also, about 3 weeks ago I finished my first ever Triathlon (try-a-tri) and did very well overall, but you're right, the swim absouletly killed me! Here's how badly:
After had the 53rd fastest swim time.
I had the 9th fastest bike time.
I had the 7th fastest run time!
Hahaha, it was terrible- but so fun as well. I ended up 18th/107, which is good!

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Yea, my swim was atrocious. My girlfriend referred to it as "just short of tragic". I didn't have a wetsuit, so I was a bit unprepared for the waters in Lake Michigan. I was kicked in the face, chest and arms about 5 or 6 times (the one to the chest was basically like a horse rearing back and kicking me full force). I sliced my foot open on the jagged rocks that stick up from the lake floor (I had to be stopped by the first aid tent on my way out of the water because of how much blood I was losing). So yea, that's something I will really work on before going back in the water.

Offline Slim

• Straight Shooter
I was a 16:30 5Ker in high school.

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Yea, my swim was atrocious. My girlfriend referred to it as "just short of tragic". I didn't have a wetsuit, so I was a bit unprepared for the waters in Lake Michigan. I was kicked in the face, chest and arms about 5 or 6 times (the one to the chest was basically like a horse rearing back and kicking me full force). I sliced my foot open on the jagged rocks that stick up from the lake floor (I had to be stopped by the first aid tent on my way out of the water because of how much blood I was losing). So yea, that's something I will really work on before going back in the water.

Wow, thats rough! Glad it's only the first part of the race though eh? More time to make up ground! Hahaha. Yeah, I was lucky because our swim was on a beautiful day, and in a man-made lake so it was very calm- but I still got the shit beat out of my by body parts- hahaha!

And wow Slim, that's amazing! I 've never hit sub-19 haha. (still in HS)

Offline daveguitar4269

• Pea Gun Newbie
MAN I don't see how y'all run 5ks in under 20.  I mean...I can get under 13 on like a 2 mile, but 3.1 in under 20 seems CRAZY to me.  I guess I'm more of a distance runner haha.  I've got a 10k coming up soon, and I think a couple months, then a 10 mile race, then a 1/2 marathon in Nashville. haha.  I'm more of a distance runner....I only do my long run every couple of weeks though (10)  I'm thinking of running the rock n' roll marathon up in San Diego this summer...^-^

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
used to do cross country, got 38th in the county i live in, but couldn't be arsed with it after that.

Offline daveguitar4269

• Pea Gun Newbie
this topic seems dead haha.  I got 14 mins on my 2 mile today, which to me is good seeing as how I'm a distance runner :-D.  haha anyone else in here ever feel like you're gonnnna die when its cold and you forget to bring shorts to a run???  haha

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I did my 40 yard in 4.6 this year, which SUCKED!

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child
my best time was 20:00 just shy of qualifying time of 19:00 to be on varsity. instead i ran with the 2nd string varsity.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
What's your best if that's your worst?^^

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
used to do cross country, got 38th in the county i live in, but couldn't be arsed with it after that.

I was pretty well known at high school as being one of the best runners but i only ran at school, I wasnt interested in joining a club or entering events.

I entered and won the qualifying for our 1500m in my school clothes/shoe because I forgot my kit hah! Back then I was ice skating 3 days a week, playing hockey 2 nights a week and football pretty much every day at school.

Now I just play snooker and pool!!! hit a 58 in snooker yesterday though  :D

Offline tatiana

• Sniper Assassin
i ran cross country in senior year - my mom asked if i could possibly not look like a concentration camp victim all the while i was in training (got a little too skinny)

my friend wants me to run the peachtree  with him this summer...

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
I just started training for the Chicago Marathon again. My goal this year is 3:30.