Author Topic: Hockey  (Read 38025 times)

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger
To continue in the right thread Jim, (Re: Souray) I would be happy he was gone if we only replaced him with a big gun or two. He was my favourite player that we had because I looked right over his lack of ability to skate backwards and just looked at the leadership, the blueline quaterbacking, the powerplay, the hitting, and the ability to be one hell of a transporter with the puck for his forwards.  

I don't blame Gainey for not making any big moves because most of the names I wanted gone are already. His press release headline "We Need to Build from Within" is about all he could say because it just goes to show you that nobody in their right mind wants to play in the pressure cooker city of Montreal. Especially with below avarage teams in the last 6 or 7 years. That's the most upsetting thing about being a Habs fan for me.

Either way, Souray is closer to Los Angeles and will be playing the West Coast a lot more often so he'll be able to see his family. What's the deal with him and Angelica, anyway? I though they were divorced but they were arm-in-arm at the All Star game and now he's talking like everything's all good again.

I guess the bottom line is, he never planned on staying in Montreal. The Habs even offered more money.

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger
It was 6, not 5. Sad, but not surprised. At least 19 Ducks players are Canadian.

Nah dude, it was in 5 games.  :P

Not that I can remember, but from the looks of it I was talking about the goals.

Oh okay. Sorry, man.

I just looked at the post before you that read "... taking it in 5". In my own hockey language, that means the series.

My confusion!

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
To continue in the right thread Jim, (Re: Souray) I would be happy he was gone if we only replaced him with a big gun or two. He was my favourite player that we had because I looked right over his lack of ability to skate backwards and just looked at the leadership, the blueline quaterbacking, the powerplay, the hitting, and the ability to be one hell of a transporter with the puck for his forwards.  

I don't blame Gainey for not making any big moves because most of the names I wanted gone are already. His press release headline "We Need to Build from Within" is about all he could say because it just goes to show you that nobody in their right mind wants to play in the pressure cooker city of Montreal. Especially with below avarage teams in the last 6 or 7 years. That's the most upsetting thing about being a Habs fan for me.

Either way, Souray is closer to Los Angeles and will be playing the West Coast a lot more often so he'll be able to see his family. What's the deal with him and Angelica, anyway? I though they were divorced but they were arm-in-arm at the All Star game and now he's talking like everything's all good again.

I guess the bottom line is, he never planned on staying in Montreal. The Habs even offered more money.

I agree that Souray was a great leader, and that will be hard to replace.  Unfortunately, he's not worth the money he's getting, and I'm glad he's gone.   I'd like to keep him if it was for 4 million a year, otherwise Edmonton can have him.  Montreal has enough prospect depth that they can do without him.

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger
Souray is definately not the be-all-end-all by any stretch. It's just a sad day when any all-stars leave Montreal. It's just that I have been hearing the words "rebuild" and "youngsters" for the last 10 years and I am getting a little sick of having nothing but 3rd line fowards (at best, anywhere else in the league) on our top lines.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
It was 6, not 5. Sad, but not surprised. At least 19 Ducks players are Canadian.

Not that I can remember, but from the looks of it I was talking about the goals.

Oh okay. Sorry, man.

I just looked at the post before you that read "... taking it in 5". In my own hockey language, that means the series.

My confusion!

Oh, definitly. It took me a while to figure that one out. Not to worry, I don't think I was paying attention when I first wrote it either.

Offline M i k e

• Gunslinger

Oh okay. Sorry, man.

My confusion!

Oh, definitly. It took me a while to figure that one out. Not to worry, I don't think I was paying attention when I first wrote it either.

Sports and numbers... It's a horrible marriage yet it can't be avoided.  :lol:

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
Luongo will bring Van to the cup!

Haha, this year is going to be sooooo tough. We did nothing on teh off season. Ed, Min, Cal all upgarded alot this off season.

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
Luongo will bring Van to the cup!

Haha, this year is going to be sooooo tough. We did nothing on teh off season. Ed, Min, Cal all upgarded alot this off season.

Don't worry, the Cup isn't won with free agency, it's won through drafting.  So as long as Vancouver drafts good, you should be alright.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
*bump*

just found out we get live NHL games every week on wednesdays at 2am on channel 5 in the UK :D

and first one i see oilers beating chicago :D

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
^^I have not watched Hockey in forever.When I was growing up,The Chicago BlackHawks were one of my favorite teams.They were once good in the early '90's.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Chicago.

yikes.

They've done so very little since the Original 6  :lol:

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
nottingham finally seem to have found some home form, beat steelers 6-1 on saturday night, in the league, and we play them wednesday night in the 2nd leg of the challenge cup final already 6-3 up after winning the away leg :D

---------

oilers lost 4-2 to the canucks though =(

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
oilers lost 4-2 to the canucks though =(

that's what you get!!! Can't fuck with Luongo

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
if i was in canada for 2 more days in march i'd be able to see oilers vs canucks at rexall place

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
champions :D

at last i can celebrate nottingham winning something, well since last years challenge cup win anyway :D

Offline Ruhie

• Sniper Assassin
  • use and confuse them, they're numb and naive

at last i can celebrate nottingham winning something, well since last years challenge cup win anyway :D

didnt even realise you liked hockey, i used to be an avid fan of manchester storm!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

That's one thing, the Oilers are another...

on a sad note: A 19 year old up-and-comer, team captain for the Kitchener Rangers; OHL team collapsed and died of yet-to-be-determined causes last week.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
jesus, this seems to be happening in all sports at the moment.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
oilers won against coyotes.

and i got to watch it in a canadian bar.

and on tuesday i get to see the return fixture at rexall place, it will be awesome. live nhl hockey for the first time  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:07:25 AM by Alan »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Damn straight a Canadian bar.

How'd that feel?  :D

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
rather irish, everything was set up for paddy's day.

i missed all the goals though, either talking going to the bar or taking a piss =(

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
play off time :D

i can't believe it's taken an english guy to bump this. where the hell are the canadians.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
watching the games.

now shush

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Right.

Both Calgary AND Montreal in game 7, Montreal plays tonight and it's gonna be a killer game.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
habs & flyers for the wins tonight.

i hope anyway.