Author Topic: Camp Freddy on Employee Of The Month soundtrack (Surrender & 20th Century Boy)  (Read 8621 times)

Offline IN UTERO

• Staff
  • What's Next!
July 8, 2006                                                                 

CAMP FREDDY the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring guitarists Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) and Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist) alongside VELVET REVOLVER members Matt Sorum (drums) and Scott Weiland (vocals) are currently completing work on a couple of tracks (including a cover of Marc Bolan's "20th Century Boy") that will be included on the soundtrack to an upcoming film, to be released before the end of the year. A "video blog" containing footage recorded during the July 7 studio sessions for the upcoming soundtrack can be viewed at this location http://www.shenon.net/BM_Media/FreddyBlog.mov (Quicktime required).

CAMP FREDDY has been in and out of the recording studio over the past couple of years recording what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy [ex-THE CULT] on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray. 

From Blabbermouth.net
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:30:52 AM by IN UTERO »

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another soundtrack to add to my 'to buy' list!

Offline SilverWildCat

• Gunslinger
  • Its A Critical Solution...
Awsome more cool shit to look forward to!

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com
I'm so excited to hear their studio stuff

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
CAMP FREDDY the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring guitarists Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) and Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist) alongside VELVET REVOLVER members Matt Sorum (drums) and Scott Weiland (vocals) has put the finishing touches on a cover of CHEAP TRICK's "Surrender" with producer Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES) for the soundtrack to the upcoming movie "Employee of the Month", starring Dax Shepard ("Punk'd"). A tentative fall release is expected.

CAMP FREDDY has been in and out of the recording studio over the past couple of years recording what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy [ex-THE CULT] on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55430

Offline ChocolateBalls

• Global Moderator
  • I shot my love today
I'm kinda disappointed the song they chose was "Surrender", since VR already did a studio cover of that.. and Scott's singing vocals on the Camp Freddy version. It'd be nicer if it was a different song they picked to cover, something new altogether. But this is still something. Album can't be too far away! :)

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
Can anybody say "The House Is Alive"?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55602

CAMP FREDDY the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring guitarists Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) and Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist) alongside VELVET REVOLVER members Matt Sorum (drums) and Scott Weiland (vocals) has revealed more information about their contribution to the upcoming movie "Employee of the Month", starring Dax Shepard ("Punk'd"). According to Morrison, "We have finished three tracks, of which two will make the movie and the soundtrack album. One is CHEAP TRICK's 'Surrender', and the other is a choice between '20th Century Boy' [MARC BOLAN] and 'The Jean Genie' [DAVID BOWIE]. The tracks came out really well."

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
awesome!!!!!!!!
cant wait for the soundtrack!

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=57084

CAMP FREDDY's cover of the CHEAP TRICK classic "Surrender" has been selected as the lead single from the upcoming movie soundtrack "Employee of the Month". The song features the core CAMP FREDDY lineup of Dave Navarro (guitar; ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (guitar; ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (drums; VELVET REVOLVER) and Scott Weiland (vocals; VELVET REVOLVER), Donovan Leitch (vocals) and Chris Chaney (bass), and was recorded at Sorum's Drac Studios in Los Angeles. The song will be available for download and also from retail outlets very soon.

Offline oldleadbelly

• Target Practice
Heard Camp Freddy's version of "Surrender" on 105.3 The Buzz in Atlanta today.  Very good version.

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
That's cool! The Camp Freddy live versions I've heard has been very similar to VR's version, but I hope they managed to give it a slightly different twist in the studio...

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
FMQB publishes the dates that radio singles are available to radio.  FMQB now lists Surrender by Camp Freddy to be released on September 11-12!

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16770

Ironically, Army of Anyone's first single is being released the same week. :shock:

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
i allready have both tracks from the EOTM soundtrack and they rock-surrender is a little better than vr's in my opinion, the drums are the same if not a little lighter sounding but the guitars are awesome with a solo by dave chucked in for good measures.

Offline mayo3325

• Sniper Assassin
Just got this from a bulletin Camp Freddy sent out on MySpace:

CAMP FREDDY RELEASE SINGLE SEPTEMBER 5TH

Starting on Tuesday 5th September and running for two weeks, Camp Freddy release their first single! The song, a cover of Cheap Trick's SURRENDER, will be available exclusively on I Tunes for download. The song is the first ever track to be available from the band, and is part of the movie soundtrack for the new Lions Gate comedy, Employee Of The Month, starring Dane Cook, Jessica Simpson and Dax Sheppard. The soundtrack album will be released at the end of September.

Offline ak_theman

• Pea Gun Newbie
U can listen to it whilst watching this hot chick dance here:

[Link Removed]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:32:45 PM by Sverre »

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
So who downloaded it off itunes?

Just bought it, LOVE it. Dave and Billy are ON FIRE! Scott sounds awesome as usual.

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
how does the studio version of Surrender sound? is it like VR's?

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
guitar solos are definitely different! Same with the chorus harmonies

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
the drums are same -as are the vocals but the guitars  are definatly different...more fills.
dave is doing what slash should have!

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
Dave just RIPS it on the solos!

Offline Slash VR Duff

• Sniper Assassin
  • 10-5-06 and 11-27-06

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
damn :x i just ran out of itunes cash...damn have to wait to get it now!

EDIT: YAY FOUND SOME RESERVE FUNDS!!! its good!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:25:29 AM by will »

Offline Slash VR Duff

• Sniper Assassin
  • 10-5-06 and 11-27-06
that was the last .99 i had on itunes  :lol:

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
just got it! Vocals & Drums are identical to VR(i wonder how :lol:) but you can tell how different Dave & Slash's styles are to each other