Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 67759 times)

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
It's funny that Zeppelin's website has more information and news that the "official GnR" site

Offline jimmyjam

• Target Practice
Bought the Led Zeppelin I album yesterday, I have to say on first impressions its pretty poor, the only decent song so far is Going To Calafornia.   Stairway To Heaven has great lyrics but the way its sung just doesn't appeal to me (prob moreover Plants voice on a whole I don't like much) but I will listen to it as much as I can to see if it grows on me.   

Huh? Do you mean Led Zeppelin IV? Because Stairway to heaven isnt on the first one, neither is Going to california.

Just says Led Zeppelin on the side, there a picture of an old man carrying straw on his back.

So thats Led Zeppelin IV 8)

Thanks for explaining the true facts Slash Revolver   :D

Offline vrRocksMySocks!

• Straight Shooter
  • i dont make heads turn , i give em whiplash

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
Led Zeppelin Awarded Prestigious Polar Music Prize

The winners of the Polar Music Prize Award, for 2006 were unveiled today at The Royal Swedish Academy of Music in Stockholm. "The 2006 Polar Music Prize is awarded to the British group Led Zeppelin, one of the great pioneers of rock. Their playful and experimental music combined with highly eclectic elements has two essential themes: mysticism and primal energy. These are features that have come to define the genre 'hard rock'". The prize winners will receive the prize from His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden at a gala ceremony at the Stockholm Concert Hall to be followed by a celebratory banquet at Grand Hôtel on Monday May 22, 2006. "It's a great honor and privilege", says John Paul Jones

http://www.polarmusicprize.com/newSite/2006.shtml

http://www.led-zeppelin.com/news/

This is great news for Zeppelin, one of the worlds most respected music awards!!

that's awesome, congrats to led zep!!!

Offline vrRocksMySocks!

• Straight Shooter
i only like stairway to heaven , but im obsessed about led zep 1 and 2 and houses of the holy

Offline Midnight

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Rock & Roll!
Holy crap! :shock:   So the album Spikeout bought is the mighty Led Zeppelin - IV, man, I had a full listen of the album and thought it was bollocks, at least on first impressions.   Some cool parts from Page on guitar, but Plant on vocals is awful, at least in my opinion, got one of those voices that I personally cannot stand.   I'll have to listen again, seeing as this is the supposed best rock album of all time in the view of many.   I failed to hear anything on there that was even close to backing up such praise...

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
yea, i admit "Stairway to Heaven" is so overplayed... i always skip towards the ending tho

Offline vrRocksMySocks!

• Straight Shooter
my fave is baby im gonna leave u and u shook me

Offline bad_apple

• Pea Gun Newbie
anyway, just listened to the song "No Quarter" and i really find that song spooky and haunting..probably the sound effects of plant's voice...

Really.. :shock: Itīs their best song!

Offline vrRocksMySocks!

• Straight Shooter
NOO WAY !!! she just a women is

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
anyway, just listened to the song "No Quarter" and i really find that song spooky and haunting..probably the sound effects of plant's voice...

Really.. :shock: Itīs their best song!

i don't hate it, i quite like the song but it gives me chills when i listened to it at night

Offline SlashRevolver

• Target Practice
  • Cymru Am Byth
    • www.myspace.com/gnr_forever
I love Stairway To Heaven its my favourite song :lol:

IMO its got the best solo in guitar history

Offline SlashRevolver

• Target Practice
  • Cymru Am Byth
    • www.myspace.com/gnr_forever
Bought the Led Zeppelin I album yesterday, I have to say on first impressions its pretty poor, the only decent song so far is Going To Calafornia.   Stairway To Heaven has great lyrics but the way its sung just doesn't appeal to me (prob moreover Plants voice on a whole I don't like much) but I will listen to it as much as I can to see if it grows on me.   

Huh? Do you mean Led Zeppelin IV? Because Stairway to heaven isnt on the first one, neither is Going to california.

Just says Led Zeppelin on the side, there a picture of an old man carrying straw on his back.

So thats Led Zeppelin IV 8)

Thanks for explaining the true facts Slash Revolver   :D

No probs 8)

Offline Spikeout

• Target Practice
  • Sultan of Swing
    • http://www.defleppard.com
I love Stairway To Heaven its my favourite song :lol:

IMO its got the best solo in guitar history

Its a very good solo I think but there are a good few I reckon are better, GNR - Nightrain, Bon Jovi - Dry County and Eric Clapton - Just Like A Prisoner, check them out if you haven't already 8)

Offline Rob_347

• Target Practice
My favourite Led Zep song would hav to be "Achilles last stand" such an amazing song. The solo is also my equal favourite with "Nightrain". They were/are all so talented, the perfect combination.

Offline Jupiter

• Sniper Assassin
I don't really have a favourite one...I like The Ocean and Immigrant Song a lot! Stairway To Heaven is nice too, just an amaaazing guitar solo!

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
they have made so many awesome songs!! I had a Led Zeppelin kick this weekend (and the last month actually) and I just love them! <3 So special, so sweet. excellent :D I remember the day I heard my first LZ song, some years ago. Black Dog! Totally rocking.

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
First Zeppelin song I heard was "Kashmir", awesome  8)

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
First song I heard was probably the immigrant song. I've been listening to a lot of their softer/mellow songs a lot lately, I can't get enough of Ramble On, Tangerine, All my Love...

Offline luuku

• Pea Gun Newbie
"Immigrant Song".....nuff said 8)

Offline RocketQueen85

• Sniper Assassin
^^I LOVE that song!!!!!! Its probly my favourite Zepplin song ever!

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
First song I heard was probably the immigrant song. I've been listening to a lot of their softer/mellow songs a lot lately, I can't get enough of Ramble On, Tangerine, All my Love...

yes i love Tangerine. The guitar beginning is so beautiful..

Offline luuku

• Pea Gun Newbie
yeah, "Immigrant Song", it rocks pretty good, right :headbanger:. I like it anyway...come from the land of the ice & snow, etc. hey, I'm Finnish, there's plenty of that here :eek:. Keep Rockin :beer:

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
I like it anyway...come from the land of the ice & snow, etc. hey, I'm Finnish, there's plenty of that here :eek:. Keep Rockin :beer:

lol i know what you're talking about. I'm from Norway :eek: