Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 67121 times)

Offline Guns n' Revolvers

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

Offline slashist

• Target Practice
can't see jimmy?, thats trouble.

I can't believe i missed the zep thread for so long, i got into them maybe 5 years ago when i bought led zeppelin I at a second hand store, i liked it but the obsesion didn't really take off till i got the dvds. All music dvds should be that good, wow, i've watched it hundreds of times now and exposed so many people to the band by "forcing" them to watch it with me.
to all those people out there who might read stairway to Heaven, Don't.  read Hammer of the Gods,  I've read both and i wouldn't trust anything richard cole has to say.

ive been trying to find hammer of the gods but its sold-out most places i look. they're like we'll order in for you , it should take a month and im like fuck that. i might get it off amazon.

i force people to watch the DVD with me too. ive actually converted some of my friends. i call it "giving birth to my brain child".lol. i know very stupid.
ya, i had to order it, it was worth the wait though.  alot of the people i've "forced" ended up buying the dvd as well, ahhh, the taste of victory

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
:x :x :x :x :x cant go to see jimmy now!!! :( :( :( :( fucking people suck

why what happened?

long story cut short, my friend is fucking unreliable. i got up early to catch train (had no sleep at all) got to hers, and she's like "oh i cant come i have to ride my horses all day" o im sorry, fucking twat. who the hell chooses horses over jimmy page?! shit people thats who! im still so angry

that fucking sucks!!!! if that were one of my friends id probably never talk to them again. horses over jimmy. What an idiot. no offense.

no offense taken, she is an idiot. and i plan to ignore her for a LONG time now!

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
i love led zeppelin but dont have any albums

could anyone recommend one for me?

thanks
sammy

Led Zeppelin I through to Physical Graffiti. All six are awesome, can't go wrong.

ok i'll narrow it down for you:
if you like experimentation get 'houses of the holy'. (Slash's personal fave).
if you want more blues-based rock get LZ I
if you like acoustics get III
if you like hard riff rocking get II
if you like all of the above get IV and Physical Graffiti.

remember one album is not nearly enough. they were so consistant on those 6, its hard to pick between them.

Or if you want the ultimate live experience, try 'How The West Was Won'. :headbanger:

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

thanks
sammy

Led Zeppelin I through to Physical Graffiti. All six are awesome, can't go wrong.

ok i'll narrow it down for you:
if you like experimentation get 'houses of the holy'. (Slash's personal fave).
if you want more blues-based rock get LZ I
if you like acoustics get III
if you like hard riff rocking get II
if you like all of the above get IV and Physical Graffiti.

remember one album is not nearly enough. they were so consistant on those 6, its hard to pick between them.

Or if you want the ultimate live experience, try 'How The West Was Won'. :headbanger:

ooops how could i forget that. Undoubtly the greatest live CD ive ever heard.

Offline jimmyjam

• Target Practice

thanks
sammy

Get Presence   8) 8) 8)

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

thanks
sammy

Get Presence   8) 8) 8)

that album is a bit better than average to me. With exception of Achilles last stand, i dont it comes close to their previous efforts.

Offline kinky boots

• Gunslinger
 :wave: :wave: why do led zeppelin sound 10 times better live (if thats possible) i thought studios, stadiums etc, soke up the sound yet led zepp still sound fantastic

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
hey dude, next time you post remember posting in the right section. This topic is better in "The Song remains the same"!
Btw i think theres a Led Zeppelin thread allready

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
:wave: :wave: why do led zeppelin sound 10 times better live (if thats possible) i thought studios, stadiums etc, soke up the sound yet led zepp still sound fantastic

Because their studio stuff now sounds dated.

Offline SlashRevolver

• Target Practice
  • Cymru Am Byth
    • www.myspace.com/gnr_forever
these guys invented rock and roll no doubt about it

my first album i bought was IV about 3 years ago and i still listening to it its that good

Bonzo easily the greatest drummer ever

Stairway to heaven is my fav song its just awesome!  :P

Offline _nightrain_

• Sniper Assassin
  • 14 years of silence.
No, they didn't invent rock and roll. There were rock bands before them.

..My favorite song by Led Zeppelin is Achilles Last Stand.

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
i looove robert plant's voice, especially in 'babe i'm gonna leave you'.

Offline jimmyjam

• Target Practice
these guys invented rock and roll no doubt about it

No they didn't 

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin

thanks
sammy

Zepplin I, II, III, IV Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffitti, Song Remains the Same

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
I read Hammer of the Gods in 2 days. That was just amazing. It made me appreciate what they did a lot more, and i had many good laughs along the way.... couldnt put the book down.

I think my favorite zepp song would have to be House of The Holy, Black Dog, possibly even Going to California.

That was a great read!  Interesting shit in that book!  Loved the story of how they wrote Stairway!!

Offline slashygirl

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Jack&Coke 4 life
    • The Angus Young Fanlisting
I just have Led Zeppelin IV and love it.... Gonna get Houses of the Holy soon! *yeah*

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
My favourite would be Houses of the Holy too, physical graffitti isn't bad either

Offline Spikeout

• Target Practice
  • Sultan of Swing
    • http://www.defleppard.com
Bought the Led Zeppelin I album yesterday, I have to say on first impressions its pretty poor, the only decent song so far is Going To Calafornia.   Stairway To Heaven has great lyrics but the way its sung just doesn't appeal to me (prob moreover Plants voice on a whole I don't like much) but I will listen to it as much as I can to see if it grows on me.   

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
i find the first album ok, not excellent or anything but just a couple of songs that i like.

anyway, just listened to the song "No Quarter" and i really find that song spooky and haunting..probably the sound effects of plant's voice...

Offline slashygirl

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Jack&Coke 4 life
    • The Angus Young Fanlisting
Bought the Led Zeppelin I album yesterday, I have to say on first impressions its pretty poor, the only decent song so far is Going To Calafornia.   Stairway To Heaven has great lyrics but the way its sung just doesn't appeal to me (prob moreover Plants voice on a whole I don't like much) but I will listen to it as much as I can to see if it grows on me.   

Huh? Do you mean Led Zeppelin IV? Because Stairway to heaven isnt on the first one, neither is Going to california.

Offline Spikeout

• Target Practice
  • Sultan of Swing
    • http://www.defleppard.com

Huh? Do you mean Led Zeppelin IV? Because Stairway to heaven isnt on the first one, neither is Going to california.

Just says Led Zeppelin on the side, there a picture of an old man carrying straw on his back.

Offline SlashRevolver

• Target Practice
  • Cymru Am Byth
    • www.myspace.com/gnr_forever

Just says Led Zeppelin on the side, there a picture of an old man carrying straw on his back.

So thats Led Zeppelin IV 8)

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
Led Zeppelin Awarded Prestigious Polar Music Prize

The winners of the Polar Music Prize Award, for 2006 were unveiled today at The Royal Swedish Academy of Music in Stockholm. "The 2006 Polar Music Prize is awarded to the British group Led Zeppelin, one of the great pioneers of rock. Their playful and experimental music combined with highly eclectic elements has two essential themes: mysticism and primal energy. These are features that have come to define the genre 'hard rock'". The prize winners will receive the prize from His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden at a gala ceremony at the Stockholm Concert Hall to be followed by a celebratory banquet at Grand Hôtel on Monday May 22, 2006. "It's a great honor and privilege", says John Paul Jones

http://www.polarmusicprize.com/newSite/2006.shtml

http://www.led-zeppelin.com/news/

This is great news for Zeppelin, one of the worlds most respected music awards!!