Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 62555 times)

Offline weilandstheman

• Target Practice
This one right?

"That's the way" is absolutely perfect on that dvd. And towards the end of the song when Robert smiles at Jimmy and he smiles back.  It makes me happy.
:D<--- that's me after watching it

Offline Guns n' Revolvers

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!
This one right?

"That's the way" is absolutely perfect on that dvd. And towards the end of the song when Robert smiles at Jimmy and he smiles back.  It makes me happy.
:D<--- that's me after watching it

that's the one. the whole DVD makes me happy. if only i was born another time, another place.

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
That DVD is great.

I've been fortunate to see Plant + Page live, and they were incredible, so it made me wonder what Led Zep in their prime would have sounded like.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
im going to see jimmy page saturday  :headbanger:

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

wow  :shock: that's fucking awesome. try sneak backstage or something. i doubt he's into groupies anymore but he may be up for a good old chat.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

wow  :shock: that's fucking awesome. try sneak backstage or something. i doubt he's into groupies anymore but he may be up for a good old chat.

im gonna try my hardest to chat and get photos! its not a very big venue so im confident. damn id freeze up though, i mean, its jimmy!

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

im gonna try my hardest to chat and get photos! its not a very big venue so im confident. damn id freeze up though, i mean, its jimmy!

i would totally freeze. what could you possibly say to one of the greatest of them all? "hey nice suit".

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

Good for you!  Try to get me a guitar pick and I'll be eternally grateful  :D

Offline weilandstheman

• Target Practice
if only i was born another time, another place.
I know! I wish I was my mom or dad's age.

Offline weilandstheman

• Target Practice
That DVD is great.

I've been fortunate to see Plant + Page live, and they were incredible, so it made me wonder what Led Zep in their prime would have sounded like.
That's so cool, you're incredibly lucky!!

Offline weilandstheman

• Target Practice

Oh my Jebus!!! That is so awesome, where are you seeing him?

Offline Comfortably Numb

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Well, show me the way to the next whisky bar
I absolutely love them. An amzing band, one of the best bands ever, if not THE best.

im going to see jimmy page saturday :headbanger:

Where are you gonna see him??? :shock:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 04:37:30 AM by Comfortably Numb »

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

Good for you!  Try to get me a guitar pick and I'll be eternally grateful  :D

i will really try for you! im fairly confident about meeting him, because its a day event at a chairty cricket match, and apparently he's gonna mingle! o god,.... im gonna be like  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: *cant speak, gimme pick jimmy*

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
This month's Classic Rock magazine has Led Zep as the cover stars. It has an article about the 1977 US tour and a piece about John 'Bonzo' Bonham, the greatest drummer ever. :headbanger:

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
This month's Classic Rock magazine has Led Zep as the cover stars. It has an article about the 1977 US tour and a piece about John 'Bonzo' Bonham, the greatest drummer ever. :headbanger:

cool gonna go get it for jimmy to sign!

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger

cool gonna go get it for jimmy to sign!

Cool beans. :beer:

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
 :x :x :x :x :x cant go to see jimmy now!!! :( :( :( :( fucking people suck

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

Offline slashist

• Target Practice
can't see jimmy?, thats trouble.

I can't believe i missed the zep thread for so long, i got into them maybe 5 years ago when i bought led zeppelin I at a second hand store, i liked it but the obsesion didn't really take off till i got the dvds. All music dvds should be that good, wow, i've watched it hundreds of times now and exposed so many people to the band by "forcing" them to watch it with me.
to all those people out there who might read stairway to Heaven, Don't.  read Hammer of the Gods,  I've read both and i wouldn't trust anything richard cole has to say.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

why what happened?

long story cut short, my friend is fucking unreliable. i got up early to catch train (had no sleep at all) got to hers, and she's like "oh i cant come i have to ride my horses all day" o im sorry, fucking twat. who the hell chooses horses over jimmy page?! shit people thats who! im still so angry

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!
can't see jimmy?, thats trouble.

I can't believe i missed the zep thread for so long, i got into them maybe 5 years ago when i bought led zeppelin I at a second hand store, i liked it but the obsesion didn't really take off till i got the dvds. All music dvds should be that good, wow, i've watched it hundreds of times now and exposed so many people to the band by "forcing" them to watch it with me.
to all those people out there who might read stairway to Heaven, Don't.  read Hammer of the Gods,  I've read both and i wouldn't trust anything richard cole has to say.

ive been trying to find hammer of the gods but its sold-out most places i look. they're like we'll order in for you , it should take a month and im like fuck that. i might get it off amazon.

i force people to watch the DVD with me too. ive actually converted some of my friends. i call it "giving birth to my brain child".lol. i know very stupid.

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!

why what happened?

long story cut short, my friend is fucking unreliable. i got up early to catch train (had no sleep at all) got to hers, and she's like "oh i cant come i have to ride my horses all day" o im sorry, fucking twat. who the hell chooses horses over jimmy page?! shit people thats who! im still so angry

that fucking sucks!!!! if that were one of my friends id probably never talk to them again. horses over jimmy. What an idiot. no offense.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
i love led zeppelin but dont have any albums

could anyone recommend one for me?

thanks
sammy

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!
i love led zeppelin but dont have any albums

could anyone recommend one for me?

thanks
sammy

Led Zeppelin I through to Physical Graffiti. All six are awesome, can't go wrong.

ok i'll narrow it down for you:
if you like experimentation get 'houses of the holy'. (Slash's personal fave).
if you want more blues-based rock get LZ I
if you like acoustics get III
if you like hard riff rocking get II
if you like all of the above get IV and Physical Graffiti.

remember one album is not nearly enough. they were so consistant on those 6, its hard to pick between them.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site