Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 67761 times)

Offline luuku

• Pea Gun Newbie
so that means no jokes about Norway, right :love:. Just being stupid. Actually I'm one of those that irks the crap outta most Finns, I'm a Finn who speaks Svenska (Swedish) as my mother tongue :mrgreen:. BTW, you cold yet, I think we are :beer:

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
haha jack black had to beg led zep to use immigrant song on skool of rock, and he did it when filming the concert past at the end

immigrant songs is my current fav

Offline RocketQueen85

• Sniper Assassin
First song I heard was probably the immigrant song. I've been listening to a lot of their softer/mellow songs a lot lately, I can't get enough of Ramble On, Tangerine, All my Love...

yes i love Tangerine. The guitar beginning is so beautiful..

I just got the tab book today and Tangerine is in it!!  Sweet!! 

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
^cool. maybe you'll be able to play it as well as mr. page one day :wink:

luuku: cool if you speak swedish you understand norwegian..

Offline luuku

• Pea Gun Newbie
nope & the Svenska that I actually speak is actually Finnish with svenska but alot of slang thrown in, but it's easy to talk with the Swedish in their language too, make sense?  :eek: :wink:

Offline Rock4Life

• Pea Gun Newbie
Fantastic band.

Great singer
Skilled guitarist
Talented bassist
Awesome drummer

and together they created the best rock band of all time (just my opinion).

couldn't describe it better :)
Jimmy Page is my number-one guitarist ever

Offline Jul

• Straight Shooter
  • VR ROCKS !!!
    • Myspace
Led Zeppelin is awesome  8) I love them ... what is weird though is that my dad loves them, too ... kind of strange to share the music taste of your own father  :lol:

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
Led Zeppelin is awesome  8) I love them ... what is weird though is that my dad loves them, too ... kind of strange to share the music taste of your own father  :lol:

yeah my dad listen to some of the music I like too.. But I think that's great. like he doesn't jell on me when I'm playing loud, and sometimes we go on concerts together. Actually, my dad began to like the bands first coz he grew up with the good music..

Offline Rock4Life

• Pea Gun Newbie

Me and my dad share a lot of music taste, we ofter go sit and listen to music together. We went to Alice Cooper last summer, amazing show. My dad loves Led Zeppelin too, which is great.

Offline Jul

• Straight Shooter
  • VR ROCKS !!!
    • Myspace

yeah my dad listen to some of the music I like too.. But I think that's great. like he doesn't jell on me when I'm playing loud, and sometimes we go on concerts together. Actually, my dad began to like the bands first coz he grew up with the good music..

To me, it's a bit weird to share the music taste of my Dad, because he likes Led Zeppelin and stuff like that which is very cool, but on the other hand also listens to music that is far from being good IMO (God knows why he likes country music :shock: ... and before you bring it up: There may be decent country music, but not the bands my dad listens to :?).

However, this is a bit off topic really. Sorry.

My favorite Led Zep Song is Ten Years Gone ... does anyone even know that one?

Offline BadObsession

• Target Practice
Ten Years Gone is a great song, one of the best on Physical Grafiti IMO. Great guitar.

Offline Jul

• Straight Shooter
  • VR ROCKS !!!
    • Myspace
Ten Years Gone is a great song, one of the best on Physical Grafiti IMO. Great guitar.

Awww, I really thought I was the only person on this planet that even knows the song  :D I LOVE the guitar on this song ... *faints*

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
led zep rule! they were ne of the first bands that got me into the whole rock n' roll thing along with gnr. absolute legends n huge inspirations. drummer rocked and plant's voice was awesome. i nicked all my dads tapes n they sound great :D

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter

Awww, I really thought I was the only person on this planet that even knows the song  :D I LOVE the guitar on this song ... *faints*

That's a pretty underrated song, and no you're not the only one, I think it's a really great song. My favourite song from the Physical Graffiti album would be Trampled Underfoot  :D

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
Has anyone here seen Robert Plant or Jimmy Page live?

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
I saw Robert Plant live in 2005 and he was really good. Played couple classic Led Zep tunes like Whole Lotta Love and his own solo stuff were good too. Plant's voice is still awesome...

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
^^
yeah ive got his solo album, n his voice still sounds really good on it. i kinda listen to it if i wanna chill out or whatever :lol: its cool

Offline Jupiter

• Sniper Assassin
Haven't seen him live, but his cd is really good indeed :)

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
That is cool layne. I really wanna see him too, he is a legend. And that's right, his voice is still great!

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
I saw him around christmas time last year. He was on stage shaking his tambourine around  :lol: hes definetly still got it!!

I was right at the front by the huge speaker and I went deaf the next day  :(  totally worth it though  :D

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
^sounds great! (not that you went deaf of course lol). Is he still doing all those (hot) moves while he's singing? :lol: :drooling:

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
yeah  :yes:
he is the only 60-odd year old I know who could pull off those moves aswell  :lol:

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
hahaha :lol: I agree with you on that

what about his looks? Back in Led Zeppelin he was a beautiful man.

In 2000 I think, I saw him on tv and he didn't look good at all! he looked old and tired and his hair was definitely not big and curly.. But last year he played in Tromsų (a city in Norway) and I saw him on tv, and he looked really good! Nice hair, ok skin, cool clothes and so on.. :)

Offline Mrs. Tophat

• Gunslinger
  • suicide blonde
He looked fine from where I was standing
And his hair was definetly big and curly  :D

his clothes were quite baggy though
far from the seventies when he used to wear those extra tight jeans and mini waistcoats

ooohh those tight jeans........ :lol:

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
awesome Oh I just love his hair!
..Well I do understand that, I guess his body isn't that thin anymore, and hey his a 60 year old man, LOL it would be wrong of him to wear the same clothes as earlier :lol: (fine for me though....)
haha, he definitely had the tightest jeans and the smallest waistcoasts!! Go go Mr. Plant <3