Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 62429 times)

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
hope theres not a thread about these guys recently, so........
post what u want about em

matt

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
Greatest band ever!! John Bonham was one of the best drummers ever. I Have all of their albums and the new dvd which is fucking great. They were all amazing talents, still are...

My top-5 Led Zepp albums:

IV
Psysical Graffiti
Houses Of The Holy
II
III
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 03:25:16 AM by layne »

Offline Rusted_Hero

• Target Practice
One of my all time favourite bands, four guys who were each the absolute best at what they did. I don't think they're studio albums really do them justice, live they were just incredible.  :shock:

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures
Fantastic band.

Great singer
Skilled guitarist
Talented bassist
Awesome drummer

and together they created the best rock band of all time (just my opinion).

Offline KOL

• Gunslinger
  • What a waster,what a fuckin waster!
simply awesome on my fav band of all time along with GN'R

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
I love led zeppelin. they're legends! <3

Offline AliceinChains676

• Target Practice
they are not my favorite band, but definitely the best musicians I have ever heard. No one can compare to them. IMO...

*sigh* plant and page arent hot anymore. 

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
I can't say they're my favorite band, but they are definitely one of the best bands in the world, me thinks.  Just such quality stuff, so solid... I'm getting Jimmy Pages's symbol ("Zoso") tattooed on me soon enough, because it represents the mysticism of music, to me anyway, and they are a great example of that.  How the sound coming from Jimmy's guitar or Robert's voice can just give you goosebumps, send you into another dimension...I'm getting a little off tangent here sorry  :roll:

Offline moosie1973

• Gunslinger
I have listened to Led Zeppelin alot more recently...Kev (My Chap) is a massive fan and has all their Albums....Jimmy Page is amazin.....and when you watch footage of them in the good old days they certainly had something other bands didn't have....Robert Plant oozed sex.....Ooooooooo those tight tight pants!!!!  :shock:

I love loads of Led Zep tracks.....Since I've been loving You.. Kinda always gets me going!!

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Robert Plant oozed sex
I love loads of Led Zep tracks.....Since I've been loving You.. Kinda always gets me going!!
Oh yeah! 

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
stairway 2 heaven is my fav of all time by led zep

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
stairway 2 heaven is my fav of all time by led zep
Yeah, a classic!  Some of my favorites are Thank You, Tangerine, and When the Levee Breaks

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
Jimmy Page not only as a guitarist, but as a producer, did sooo much for music. I really admire all the things he did as a producer. Whoever said Led Zep in the studio wasn't as good live, that might be true, but the studio albums had an entirely different and occasionally more interesting life to them. Just look at the songs "Ten Years Gone" and "Achilles Last Stand." There are sooo many neat things and overdubs on it. The harmony is incredible..

Offline Mr Self Destruct

• Gunslinger
Greatest band ever!! John Bonham was one of the best drummers ever. .

I totally agree.

My dad put a vinyl copy of Led Zep II on the stereo when I was about 11.

After that I dumped pop music and became a rocker. And Led Zep are the kings. The original and the best.

There will NEVER be a band to touch the majesty of Led Zep.

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
There will NEVER be a band to touch the majesty of Led Zep.
I agree!

And I think live they were *better* so to speak because there was so much improv, the song was never the same, which I love about them.

Offline zm_julia

• Straight Shooter
  • I Think I Lost My Headache
I love how they had so many different layers and harmonies in their songs. It doesn't sound like four individual people playing, it's just such a cohesive wall of sound. I am in total awe when I listen to them. I think my favourite song is No Quarter, it's so trancelike...

Plant had such a powerful voice. Oh yeah, and the Lemon Song rocks :rofl:

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
I love them too. absolute brillance. have you read that unauthorised biography? gee - can't think of the name of it now and I've read it  :?- Duff talked about it in some interview and Slash said Jimmy Page hated the book - it is all about their debauched rock n' roll life.

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
AH it's come to me now Hammer of the Gods. unauthorised but an interesting read ...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 02:05:21 PM by shirleythetatoo »

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Oh that's the one I wanted to read!!! I confused it with Stairway to Heaven by Richard cole, their tour manager, and that's the one I got.  I'm gonna go get that other one now - who wrote the unauthorized one?

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
sorry I can't remember who wrote it. I  got it out from the library.

Offline lespaul101

• Target Practice

One of the greates rock n roll bands of ALL time.

Offline Snake Child

• Sniper Assassin
  • 'Caus Ur Worthless!
Led Zep are cool,2 bad the drummer died.A bunch of perfect bandmates are Preeettty Rare..ok realy rare :roll: :headbanger: :lol:

Offline Loudlove

• Straight Shooter
I just adore, love and admire this band. Led Zeppelin are pure legends, they are the first band that truly inspired/motivated many artists that we listen to today to also create music and keep the cycle going. Each member is truly talented, John Bonham has got to be my favourite all time drummer, just listening to him on Dazed and Confused and Moby dick gives me the shivers! also since I've been loving you is one of my all time favourite led zep songs along with stairway to heaven!!  :D

Offline Philth

• Sniper Assassin
  • Iron Ego
    • PhilthTube
I love House For The Holy, especially Over The Hills And Far Away, always reminds me of the first time I saw the video on Beavis and Butt-Head:

"Dunnah-Dunnah!"

Offline AliceinChains676

• Target Practice
I read Hammer of the Gods in 2 days. That was just amazing. It made me appreciate what they did a lot more, and i had many good laughs along the way.... couldnt put the book down.

I think my favorite zepp song would have to be House of The Holy, Black Dog, possibly even Going to California.