Author Topic: Lacrosse  (Read 11462 times)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Well, there we go! Canada # 1 world Lacrosse champions!!!!!!

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Hell yeah, national sport! I love it. Anybody pay attention to the NLL? (National Lacrosse League) which has been expanding massively recently!
I used to follow it very closely, then lost track for about two years and they added a shitload of teams so I just can't pay attention anymore.
But I'm still a Toronto Rock fan!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Hell yeah, national sport! I love it. Anybody pay attention to the NLL? (National Lacrosse League) which has been expanding massively recently!
I used to follow it very closely, then lost track for about two years and they added a shitload of teams so I just can't pay attention anymore.
But I'm still a Toronto Rock fan!

Toronto rock all the way

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Haha, hell yeah! My buddy's uncle used to be the coach (Marty Cooper) or assitant. I forget, I know Les Bartley was for a while, so I forget is Marty was Asst or Head, but anyway he got me and my friend out to quite a few games a couople years back. It's such an awesome experience at an NLL game.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Not too far from. But he coached the Brock Badgers (St. Catharines University team) then moved up to the NLL, now he's just got a normal job.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
cool. well, i guess we're the only lacrosse fans

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Hahaha, that's alright- it's our sport!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Yeah, no one ever likes the sports only the Canadians are good at, like Hockey and Lacrosse

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Yeah, that's so true eh! Well with lacrosse, it seems to be the indians who dominate (not trying to be racist or anything) but when I played a few years back, we'd always get crushed by the Six Nations teams.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Yeah, that's so true eh! Well with lacrosse, it seems to be the indians who dominate (not trying to be racist or anything) but when I played a few years back, we'd always get crushed by the Six Nations teams.

i still don't see why they think they should have their own team.

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
They don't play much Lacrosse here in Finland, but i saw couple games when i used to live in Brampton, Ontario couple years ago. Cool aggressive game like hockey...

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
They don't play much Lacrosse here in Finland, but i saw couple games when i used to live in Brampton, Ontario couple years ago. Cool aggressive game like hockey...

yeah, very much like hockey. it is very competitive, and usually pretty violent, mostly the reasons i like it  :P

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Haha, hell yeah! I think thats why I didnt play anymore, because I'm only like 5'10, and not too fast- just have the endruance thats it.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Haha, hell yeah! I think thats why I didnt play anymore, because I'm only like 5'10, and not too fast- just have the endruance thats it.

yeah you gotta have an atittude to hurt people. thats why i play football

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
same thing with waterpolo. i got on the waterpolo team in my high school now, but now i am moving to washington state, and they don't have waterpolo, think i should try lacrosse? waterpolo is the same brutal violent type of game :D just not where the refs can see :eek:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
same thing with waterpolo. i got on the waterpolo team in my high school now, but now i am moving to washington state, and they don't have waterpolo, think i should try lacrosse? waterpolo is the same brutal violent type of game :D just not where the refs can see :eek:

um. ive never heard of waterpolo being compared to lacrosse. go for lacrosse if you think you can.

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Hahaha! Yeah I've never heard the comparison either! But yeah, learn some of the basic rules and whatnot, then kick ass on the floor!... or field, whichever.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
of course you'd be better if you're Canadian but that can't be helped.

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
everything would be better if i were canadian :lol:

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Hahaha! Yeah, that's true :P (jk)
But home come Lacrosse hasn't really spread into the lower states so much? It only seems to be in Canada, and the northern parts of the USA. You'd think such a thrilling and patrially violent game would catch!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
it is a great game

fast paced, lots goin on all the time

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
yeah. no presence here in southern california, so i did waterpolo, then we move to washington state, where there's no polo, but lots of lacrosse teams and stuff, so yeah. i figure i might try lacrosse, lol

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
Hey, one question for Lacrosse fans. Aren't hockey type of fights allowed in Lacrosse? i've seen couple video clips of Lacrosse fights. Pretty cool if they are, hockey fights rule...

Offline Velvetallica

• Target Practice
haven't been here for a while...
I just got into Lacrosse, what with getting a new NLL team here and all.... too bad they're one of the worst teams in the league (Edmonton Rush). I went to a good game in Calgary last year. Pretty entertaining, but hockey's still #1 for me.