Author Topic: Opening Acts  (Read 5325 times)

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
Does anyone have a list of opening acts for VR and when they opened for them?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
When I saw them, Three Days Grace opened up.

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
When i saw them Datsuns opened.

I know Hoobastank has too

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Hoobastank? Wow I'm glad I saw them with three days grace

Offline mayo3325

• Sniper Assassin
When I saw them, Hoobastank and Modern Day Zero (I think that's their name) opened up for them  :)

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!
In the two New Zealand shows a local band called the D4 opened for them. The lead singer looks like Charlie from Lost hahaha

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
In the two New Zealand shows a local band called the D4 opened for them. The lead singer looks like Charlie from Lost hahaha

yea ive seen the D4 when they opened for The Hives. the singer does look like charlie  :lol:

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
Local band Hybrid Children opened for them here in Finland.

Offline 6wastedgroupie9

• Unloaded
i saw hoobastank open for them and the someother un known band...

Offline Sweet Honesty

• Target Practice
:lol:  I think they should have GNR open for them...sort of like an introduction by the "OLD" sound followed up by the "NEW IMPROVED AND MATURE" sounds of VR.

Honestly, I love both bands, but I lost interest in GNR when the Spaghetti "thing" happened.    There's a point of no return when you get that close to the edge. 

In my opinion, the best opening band for Velvet Revolver would be a combination of the sideline bands that the members have for their solo stuff.  Opening with little "snipits" of the band members own personal stuff would really be a show worth seeing.  Honestly, wouldn't you love to see Duff perform something of his own...live? followed by a drum solo by Matt?  An accoustical solo by Scott and then witness the accolades of Slash's Snakepit?  Don't you think that would really pump up the adrenaline in the crowd for the "Experience of a Lifetime"?

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
i saw hoobaskanks..they need more hard rock opening acts...like some unknown rock band needing to be discovered..metallica did it..n look how big they got

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
    • My Myspace cause I am better than you.
When they played Glasgow, Scotland on the 27th June 2005, The Ga*Ga*s (i think thats where the stars go) and Biffy Clyro (and awful Scottish band I detest), supported them.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
backyard babies supported them on the first UK tour.

i think silvertide supported them in the US on one leg of a tour aswell

Offline Mark.w

• Gunslinger
  • Rock N' Roll
    • http://www.Velvet Revolver.com
Yeah the 1st time i saw Vr in Glasgow it was the datsuns and then the 27th june 2005 it was the Ga*Ga*s And Awful Biffy Clyro!!!

Offline poptrash

• Pea Gun Newbie
Yeah, when i saw them, i remember the Ga Ga's opening for them. Shame they split; but their new band Slaves to Gravity sound pretty good. I didn't think Biffy Clyro really fitted the bill to be honest.

Offline velvet_loaded

• Gunslinger
i think silvertide supported them in the US on one leg of a tour aswell

that's my dream show right there, Silvertide and VR.

Offline stontemplpilot

• Sniper Assassin
I think i've seen Luna Halo, The Datsuns, Hoobastank, and Modern Day Zero open for them, but I don't remember any of the setlists, and sadly Hoobastank is the only one I remember any songs from.

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
When VR played Belfast, The Ga*Ga*s and Biffy Clyro supported.  I thought Biffy Clyro were awful but i liked the Ga*Ga*s.  So much so I went out to buy their album...  I didn't know they had split up!  How long ago was that?

And do the main band choose the supporting band(s)?  Just wondering