Author Topic: Weiland's Attire / Marc Vachon Thread 12/8/06  (Read 87727 times)

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
I recently got my Cargo bikers back.  It took about a month and a half after sending them back to fix a rip.  They gave me a free pair of the new Sid pants for the trouble.  The t-shirts hold up fine..and the track jacket and hoodie are very comfy.  Pants are so comfortable, but are gentle.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
for sale

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd let you all know that I am selling this custom Marc Vachon blazer. The blazer itself is made by Kill City(Lip Service) and then was customized with Vachon patches. The OG skull arm patches are hand sewn and the rest of the patches are machine sewn. It is basically brand new as I have worn it two times for a total of no more than 2 hours. It has been stored in my closet since then and it is time for it to find a new owner. It is size Large, but could fit as a medium as well because it is a slim fit blazer. It is very high quality and was cuztomized by a very skilled seamstress. This is your chance to get a custom MV blazer at a fraction of the price it would cost you to go directly through MV. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here or through my email listed at the bottom of this posting.

available yet again!, 150.00 or best offer

myspace: myspace.com/axlism

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:56:40 PM by slash_frehley »

Offline Rocker Mama

• Straight Shooter
  • Slash Rocks!
    • Yamaha Mama
I ordered some stuff and actually got to go to their house when I was in LA for the (unfortunately cancelled/rescheduled) gig.  Marc's wife was really cool and even gave me some hints for my own stuff I'm doing.  You just need to send them an email (address should be on your receipt.)  I did and got a response back within a day.....

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 01:34:37 AM by slash_frehley »

Offline EVH_slash

• Target Practice
I bought and PAID for 3 Cosmo cords on the 8. of June and have not received my items yet, last i heard from them was back in the start of October and then they said they were working on my tracking info and that i would have it shortly.
Well a month is not shortly
Does anyone know if this i normal for them, I see that some has had similar problems, but if this is standard they should be out of business long ago? I mean half a year to a year in delivery time is not really satisfying for the buying costumer.
To bad they operate this way since their clothes look great

Offline heidi

• Straight Shooter
yes they do operate that way. I've been waiting more than a year now! Its getting super frusterating, and now they have stopped returning my calls and email.

Offline Spidervein

• Sniper Assassin
i dont get it
anything i ever ordered from them i got within two weeks if not sooner
telling you email or pm marc or doreen they will help you

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Apparently,
The rest of my tee shirts are being shipped soon.  Hopefully they'll send me my confirmation soon.  I've been waiting for the F Myspace tee since November 06!  But anyway, when I get my shirts I plan to get some more Sids or Cosmos as long as they have them in stock.  If you guys want some cool shirts printed by the Vachons check out www.kristymajors.com

I bought his hoodie, and a few shirts and received them in like 4 days... no joke!

Offline EVH_slash

• Target Practice
Still waiting for my cosmos! they even assured me that i would get them before new years, still hoping they will come soon

Offline huqleberry

• Pea Gun Newbie
God I love Weiland's style...

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
The first time I dealt with MV, I had a way quick delivery.

And now? I ordered a jacket in August, got the WRONG jacket in October and sent it back for an exchange the next day, and now in March I still have nothing.

I've messaged him a bunch of times and all I get back is "It'll be out in the next week" or "We'll have your shipping info shortly."

SEVEN months and nothing!

At this point, I'll settle for a refund, but I have no idea how to go about getting one. When I email, they don't email back and when I call they don't return phone calls.

The BBB also does not have them listed, and since I have no address of their company, I can't report them.

Help?!

Offline heidi

• Straight Shooter
hey I am having the same trouble as you...For the first year I got all my stuff on time.. and now its been since november 2006 and I havn't recieved one item.

I get the same responses it will be sent this week. and I tried to get a refund but they insisted they would send the stuff.

They used to have a store in LA it was on sunset I belive, I went there a few years back but it was closed. I feel totally ripped off!

Offline Sourgirl23

• Straight Shooter
  • San Jose it's a sun-drenched town...
    • http://www.myspace.com/aliciasc
Hey guys,

Since the Vachons run the entire operation all by themselves, they tend to get backed up.  If you still want Vachon designs you can go to www.cafepress.com and search for Marc Vachon.  Some of his latest and greatest designs are uploaded and are available to be put on anything from t-shirts to mugs to license plate frames.  It's pretty sick, and its handled by a third party with lots and lots of employees so your stuff will come quickly.  If you want the cosmos and the custom stuff, those will take awhile.  They are totally worth the wait though, in my opinion.

Just another option for fans of all things Vachon.  :D

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
Hey guys,

Since the Vachons run the entire operation all by themselves, they tend to get backed up.  If you still want Vachon designs you can go to www.cafepress.com and search for Marc Vachon.  Some of his latest and greatest designs are uploaded and are available to be put on anything from t-shirts to mugs to license plate frames.  It's pretty sick, and its handled by a third party with lots and lots of employees so your stuff will come quickly.  If you want the cosmos and the custom stuff, those will take awhile.  They are totally worth the wait though, in my opinion.

Just another option for fans of all things Vachon.  :D

Yeah, I get that they're a two person company and more power to them!

But it's not fair to the customer to say "Next week" a bunch of times, when it won't be there for months! And on top of the fact that they got my order wrong and I've had to wait even longer?! If they would have told me in August, "Hey man. the jacket probably won't be ready till ____," then I would have been fine with that and it wouldn't have influenced my purchase. But instead these broken promises are just wearing me down.

I've heard from multiple inside sources that MVC is notoriously slow and that's fine with me because when it comes down to it, their clothes are fucking AMAZING.

And I hate to sound like some antsy little teenage dickhead by bugging them and threatening them with the BBB and this and that but it's just like.. I dunno, "uncool" to say the least?

SourGirl23, do you have some kind of connection with them? Marc gave me his number a while back and I know a bunch of people in the same group of friends, but I really haven't been able to get a hold of them.

What do you suggest I do?

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
Put up a couple of pieces on Ebay.  This will probably help fund my next round of cosmos..and God willing, the D Pockets!

The original links did not sell.  Here are the revised links.  Ends tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120240187923&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120240188040&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:15:09 PM by shaggyvideo »

For anyone who's ordered from MV and hasn't received their stuff, there are ways to fight back.  Here's an except of an email I sent to Marc Vachon in early April (thought you might be able to benefit from my research - I am from NY, but your states likely have similar laws).  Here's what you might be able to do:

File Suit in New York Small Claims Court.  It is clear that you have breached your contract with me:  I paid you for a specific, customized jacket that you never delivered.  The court has jurisdiction because I am a New York resident – you will eventually have to incur the expense to come to New York once the case is heard.

File a Complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.com).

File a Complaint with the New York Attorney General’s Office (see for example, New York’s newly issued law protecting consumer rights by strictly enforcing the requirements set forth in this hyperlinked press release http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2007/jun/jun04a_07.html)

File a Complaint with the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs

Subpoena PayPal for your Address and Seller Information (I’ve obtained the legal department’s address in San Jose – Once my subpoena is delivered and actions 1-4 occur, PayPal will have to suspend use of your account while the fraud investigation is pending; fraud investigations take time)

File a Complaint with the California State Attorney General’s Office

File a Complaint with the Your Applicable Better Business Bureau

File a Notice of Fraudulent Action with the California State Taxing Authority (These regulators often audit – i.e., come to your office and review all of your books and records – businesses with pending regulatory and fraud claims, the rationale being that people who defraud customers often don’t comply with other laws)

File a Notice with Café Press – Your distributors will need to know that the lawsuit and other complaints have been filed.  You should be aware that distributors – because of heightened internet consumer protection laws – are leery of working with manufacturers facing fraud and contract breach claims.

You should also bear in mind that your website violates various California State and Federal codes because you fail to provide your address and phone number.

Offline kinkyband

• Unloaded
Marc Vachon.....
The coolest gear!!!!
A FUCHED COMPANY TO DEAL WITH!!!!
I bought two pairs of pants on ebay. THE BEST PANTS BAR NONE.
Thought I'd jump on their site and buy some gear..... BAD MOVE!
I ordered jackets, shirts and pants............ After 5 months paypal refunded half my payment, after another month they refunded the rest..... WORST ONLINE PURCHASE EVER!!! THEY TAKE YOU PAYMENT AND SEND YOU NOTHING!

Marc if you ever read this you can email me at kinkyband@westnet.com.au
Your clothes are dope! but if your customers make a purchase, pay you and then get nothing in the post you'd be PISSED TOO!

I lov my MV pants, I'll be keeping an eye on ebay for more items.

Justin
Perth
Western Australia

Offline kinkyband

• Unloaded
I'm reading everyones problems.... Its nice to know that its not just me being screwed.
I paid through paypal so I recieved my payment back after 6 months of emails and disapointment.
Don't take their "it will be shipped next week" BULLSHIT. If you don't have it then is most likly NOT SHIPPED!
If you do purchase USE PAY PAL and regester a complaint after 4 weeks if you haven't recieved your purchase! That protects you and you won't loose you money!

Justin

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
I'm coming up on a year now with my stuff, and I filed a complaint with the BBB and got no response from them.

Fucking garbage.

Offline mavery

• Unloaded
WOW....I guess I am Marc Vachon's most recent victim....I ordered clothing 4 months ago and have never received it.  Everything they tell me is a LIE.  After reading these blogs I now know I will never receive the items.  I don't know how this company is still in business!!!  They have been ripping people off for years and getting away with it.  They have an "F" rating from the better business bureau.........Everyone needs to file complaint after complaint about them...so they cannot continue to STEAL money from hard working people who trusted them!!!!  I wish some of the artist (like Velvet Revolver) would read these blogs and stop buying items from a company that steals from their fans!!! What a disgrace............

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
Still nothing from them.

They ignore all my phone calls and emails now.

I've been cheated out of $440, and I have nothing to show for it.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. EVENTUALLY, THEY WILL STEAL MONEY FROM YOU.

Offline EVH_slash

• Target Practice
Totally agree! do not order from MV, they will cheat you and you can wave bye bye to your money.. After more than a YEAR waiting I finally got them to promise me a full refund for the stuff i ordered, but that never happened and now no answers from them...
Sure they have great looking stuff, but they are not a reliable shop stay away!

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
Ok, I believe this is the most appropriate thread for this:

What are the sunglasses Scotty-boy wore in the Ross Halfin photo shoot / "Happy" In Galoshes cover? Those are some sweet shades and I'd like to get a pair if possible.

Offline musicmafia

• Unloaded
Wow! I thought I was the only one that got ripped off but apparently Marc Vachon stays in business by taking VR fan's money and never shipping them anything and never giving a refund. Add me to the ripped off list. VR shouldnt be promoting this dude, he is ripping off the fans. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT SHOP MARC VACHON !!!!