Author Topic: Three Doors Down:  (Read 3732 times)

Offline LoveThing

• Sniper Assassin
    • TarshaRock
Do any of you guys like this group? My friends and I have seen their video on VH1 all the time and I really liked them and so did my friends
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 12:44:50 PM by LoveThing »

Offline Teslarocker

• Straight Shooter
I love them.  They're my 2nd favorite band of the 21st century

Offline stone_roses

• Gunslinger
Yep i sure do, excellent heavy southern rock... They also put on a hell of a show.

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
I liked one song by them for some years ago.. Kryptonite (etc) I guess

Offline mayo3325

• Sniper Assassin
I don't have any of their CD's, but I did download about four or five songs of theirs off iTunes. I had the chance to see them at Earthday Birthday last year and they're a really good live band. I was very impressed.  :)

Offline Jupiter

• Sniper Assassin
They had some cool songs yeah, Here Without You, Kryptonite and Let Me Go.
Nice sound, I don't know much more about them though.

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
I actually saw these guys live last summer because the friend I travelled with to Germany and The Netherlands to see VR is a big Alter Bridge fan and they supported 3 Doors Down in Berlin. Alter Bridge was pretty good, but 3 Doors Down is among the weakest live acts I've ever seen.

Offline Spikeout

• Target Practice
  • Sultan of Swing
    • http://www.defleppard.com
I have only heard Here Without You, as it was used in a tribute to Eddie Guerrero (video tribute) when he passed away last year, so its pretty special for me because of that, awesome song but I don't know weather to go for any of their albums but since I'm running outta bands to try I may as well give them a try sometime.

Offline WalkingARazor

• Gunslinger
  • Who, me?
    • Nancy's Grilled Cheese Land

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
^^ yeah i agree, not a huge fan of them, but I love the song and lyrics to 'here without you' - nice

Offline SilverWildCat

• Gunslinger
  • Its A Critical Solution...
i loved duck and run but then i went to check out the rest of the stuff and i was unimpressed

Offline slashVR86

• Straight Shooter

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://loudwire.com/3-doors-down-guitarist-matt-roberts-exits-band-over-health-issues/

3 Doors Down are very much a family, pretty much keeping most of the group intact since day one. So it with sadness that the band announces that founding guitarist Matt Roberts is stepping away from the band.

After close to two decades with the group, Roberts revealed that he’s leaving due to health issues. The guitarist has dealt with circulation problems in recent years that were only exacerbated by the band’s consistently full tour schedule.

The guitarist says in a press release, “3 Doors Down will always have a special place in my heart and it saddens me to take this time off, but my health has to be my first priority.”

Singer Brad Arnold added, “Matt is our brother and he will always be a part of this band and he will always be welcomed back with open arms.”

The group and Roberts came to a decision that Arnold, bassist Todd Harrell, guitarist Chris Henderson, and drummer Greg Upchurch will continue as a four-piece, and the band will still continue their current ‘Gang of Outlaws Tour’ with rock legends ZZ Top and country superstar Gretchen Wilson.