Author Topic: good way 2 get a singer???  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
does ny1 no a good way 2 find a singer, my band has been looking for one for near 6 months now are we gettin pretty pissed off, weve tried putting ads in music mags but no1 has contacted us, ny1 no ny good ways of finding one

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
heres something that i think nikki sixx and mick mars (motley crue) did when they were looking for a singer and drummer
they checked out local bands and poached the singer and drummer they liked and became Motley Crue  :D

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
heres something that i think nikki sixx and mick mars (motley crue) did when they were looking for a singer and drummer
they checked out local bands and poached the singer and drummer they liked and became Motley Crue  :D

In a way thats kinda how GNR got together too

Otherwise i'd recommend doing a search for a singer show on VH1

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
go to a bar....watch a kareoke.....pick the best one :lol: the people goin up will wanna be singers n u never know, they could be gud :? :lol: n then u jus go up n say yeh, u wanna sing in our band? then try em out :lol: of course only do that if u have no other choice lol

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
If youve got any songs instrumentally worked out recording them could be good, then singers can get an idea of what they'd be working with

Offline sweet616

• Target Practice
just get one of your guitarests or drummers drunk and make them agrea to do it.waite for them to sobber up and remind them what they agread to do...that how i started singing lol

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
That sounds like a plan.

My method was to stand around the dance floor of a rock bar or club and see who makes the biggest tit of themselves mouthing along to the lyrics. Turned out to be my bass player so its back to square one.

Offline Philth

• Sniper Assassin
  • Iron Ego
    • PhilthTube
Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars should have kept looking...  Crue are a great band, but Vince's voice?  :?

You could do what my old band did, get very drunk at rehearsal, so drunk you don't give a shit about anything, one of you take the mic and see where it goes.  It worked for me, I don't play guitar anymore.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
vince had a good voice - but when it came to live shows he is just pure lazy

a singer has to be great in the studio and on stage

i dont like vince neil anymore

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com
didn't another band we all like have this same problem....who was in that band? someone named Slash? umm Dave? I dunno I heard they finally found some guy named Scott tho haha it seemed to work out ;) haha just keep searching and don't give up!!!

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
they also had a couple of thousand people want to sing for them, my problem is we can't find anyone

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
i think we found someone now though