Author Topic: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! Newbie in trouble! Throw me a line!  (Read 5651 times)

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death
I'm new with guitars, and I'm trying to learn, so I need suggestions where to start. I've got an acoustic jazz guitar, but I don't know any easy songs to start off with. Help?

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com
if i were you, i'd try just learning the chords and notes a little better first (sorry if youve already done this, i don't know how far you are)  then just try a simpe G C D C chord progression.  Then maybe throw in an E somewhere, then move onto F, just get comfortable swtiching chords, then move on to songs.  A pretty easy song, is "All Because of You" by U2.  Listen to it, then note how they switch chords on the intro, the chord progression is E,C,G,A.  Another fairly easy song to play is Fall to Pieces and Sweet Child O Mine (as far as the simple Chorus Chord Progression.  They are both D C G i belive or D G C, i completely forget which one, its tough when you don't have your guitar right there lol,  but yea just start off with that, listen how they do it then imitate if your wanting to play those songs.

I had to play Fall to Pieces at an acoustic concert I gave.  It was pretty easy once you practice it.  Just persistence and devotion is the key

sorry it went so long, hope it helps!

Offline avril

• Pea Gun Newbie
I play the guitar, and the first song I learn was, sweet child of mine, only the rhythm...ok? It's easy..you have to practice a lot!!! the secret is the practice you know.......I have playing the guitar for 4 years, I play for me, for my spirit. Another song easy..let me think..... wish you were here..only the rhythm to star of course.
I start whit acoustic, is more easy for me...but depend on the person you know....
So good luck and rock on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :P
Pardon my English!!!

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com
haha yea i said Sweet Child o Mine was easy for the rhythm too! haha i like the way you think Avril! lol  but yea practice is the key, don't be discouraged if you don't get it, it will come.  I've been playing for 4 years and i still have lots of trouble.  Don't give up!

PEACE OUT!

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death
So far I learned Knockin' on heaven's door, Hey Joe chords, Kiss-Hard luck woman and a few riffs. The point is that I don't have an electric guitar yet, so when I heard how intro of SCOM sounded like on an acoustic guitar, I gave up on it.

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
A massive book of accoustic songs could help. At least so you can get around messing with chords on an accoustic guitar. Try Nothing Else Matters or something like that if you want to go a bit further.

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter
learn eruption. na just kidding. id try just learning basic scales and chords and just running through them

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter

Offline velvet_loaded

• Gunslinger
^ Whose song is that?

lol don't listen to it it will discourage you :D

Offline HOLDEN CAULFIELD

• Pea Gun Newbie
well some cunt i know said he can play eruptoin and he is just one of they smug bastaRDS WHO CAN DO IT ALL AND I WANT TO PUNCHE HIS FACE WITH MY FIST

Offline stpchuck

• Pea Gun Newbie
well some cunt i know said he can play eruptoin and he is just one of they smug bastaRDS WHO CAN DO IT ALL AND I WANT TO PUNCHE HIS FACE WITH MY FIST

Do you need a hug???

Offline stpchuck

• Pea Gun Newbie
oh yeah...the 1st few post were the best advice to play...practice and learn...very therapeutic as well...

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
very therapeutic as well...

Yep, kept me sane for a few years.

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
if u wanna learn a solo, ped hot chilli peppers-scar tissue is piss easy. just practise, when u have spare time, got nothin to do. one-metallica and nothin else matters sum1 else sed are pretty easy too. love walked in-thunder is pretty good too. just experiment with things i guess. try patience aswell

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death
I learned Godfather theme! Ha! Right in your facE!

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
the pink panther theme tune :lol:

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
the pink panther theme tune :lol:

That's a good one. You should be able to just figure it out rather than looking up the tab.

Offline smasher

• Gunslinger
  • Love is death
Well, I've got the tab, so I'll Ignore it.
Alright then?

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter
some aerosmith songs with slower or no solos are probably are good starting point

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
good song to learn for chords House of the rising sun.

Am C D F
Am C E E
Am C D F
Am E Am E