Author Topic: All guitarists, i challenge you..  (Read 12434 times)

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
yer i dont do warm ups cos i cant be bothered lol, sorry tim

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter
dont worry ben, your just disadvantaging yourself by not warming up

Offline slashology101

• Target Practice
im his fukn guitar teacher. hes go around skool tellin everyone he can play 50 notes in .01seconds. my fastest is bout .15 notes per .01 secs. in other words 15 notes a second.

not to brag but i can play 17 notes per second... but then again i've been playing guitar for 6 years now from 10 to 12 hours a day the first 3 yrs.

... speed is incredibly overrated

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter
yep. id agree. its good to have feel but speed can come in handy

Offline satanwontherace

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • rock'n'fuckin'roll
hey you all,slow down!play whit the hearth,not whit the hands.....it seems like you masturbate on the guitar.

Offline timmiller

• Straight Shooter
i cant help it. speed still is a part of guitar playing whether you like it or not. slash does quick stuff and slower stuff so theres no reason why both cant be a good way to play

Offline velvet_loaded

• Gunslinger
i cant help it. speed still is a part of guitar playing whether you like it or not. slash does quick stuff and slower stuff so theres no reason why both cant be a good way to play

Yes. To fully express yourself sometimes you get the need for speed!

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
hey you all,slow down!play whit the hearth,not whit the hands.....it seems like you masturbate on the guitar.

Well, Steve Vai did once use the word "wanking" to describe one of his more flashy parts to a song. Fast playing can be useful if you just want to impress someone for the first time. But you know you'll try and play quick in front of someone, think you're well cool and then they'll say "let me have a go"... and you know what happens then.

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl

^^
that was uncalled for :lol:

haha u two (points at timmiller n tripod) are hotheads. cool it
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 09:20:47 AM by seetal »

Offline who_needs_axl_?

• Pea Gun Newbie
speed is a tool to use with a guitar just as any other technique is. it is just as important to be fast as it is to be melodic, it all depends on what you are going for in that song

and DAMN you guys, my fastest is about 10 hits a second, but I've only been playing far about 1 1/2 years so I think I fast for someone with my experience  :D

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS

^^

haha u tewo (points at timmiller n tripod) are hotheads. cool it

lol we didnt say that but

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
and DAMN you guys, my fastest is about 10 hits a second, but I've only been playing far about 1 1/2 years so I think I fast for someone with my experience  :D

It also depends what you're playing. Its not difficult to tap something at a rediculous speed. I think I can do the tapping part of Metallica's "One" at 17 a second or more but I can barely sweep at 2 notes a second.

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl

^^

haha u two (points at timmiller n tripod) are hotheads. cool it

lol we didnt say that but

thas why i quoted what the other guy said :wink: :)

myfastest is like, five a second :shock: :lol: nah not really, i havent counted yet

Offline satanwontherace

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • rock'n'fuckin'roll
i didn't mean to say that play fast is useless....i play since i was 10,then now i'm quite fast on the guitar...
but i don't use to count how many notes i'm able to play in one second!
so,sorry if some of you may feel offended.

Offline JAC

• Sniper Assassin
  • Kirschner Fan
    • Dave Kushner Fansite
how do guitarists count how many notes they play a second?

Offline slashology101

• Target Practice

It also depends what you're playing. Its not difficult to tap something at a rediculous speed. I think I can do the tapping part of Metallica's "One" at 17 a second or more but I can barely sweep at 2 notes a second.

that i can't do hahah i wouldn't be able to tap if my life depended on it

oh and btw, to count my notes per second i recorded a rehearsal with my band then i listened to it carefully to find the fastest part, i chose, then cut a second's lenght and slowed it down and then counted the notes.

i had the recording and new software and absolutely nothing to do lol.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:02:32 PM by slashology101 »

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
yeah, what exactly is "17 notes a second" ? is that tremolo picking the same note 17 times, or alternating between two notes 17 times, or tapping like someone said..or what?

Offline slashology101

• Target Practice
yeah, what exactly is "17 notes a second" ? is that tremolo picking the same note 17 times, or alternating between two notes 17 times, or tapping like someone said..or what?

mine was an ascending run.

Offline Rob_347

• Target Practice
^That's solid
Does anyone have a rough idea of what Slash reaches when he plays quick, or what his quickest solo would be? Give in to me and YGNR sound pretty damn fast........ I prefer his slower playing with more emotion, but was just wondering.

Offline slashology101

• Target Practice
looking for notes per second of guitarists i found this guy that put up some guitarist called Mr. cucumber that plays 44.6 notes per second... i think it's phisically impossible also i found the song in wich he does this ... it's supposed to be called carpsersens secret fetish ...  and i say "supposed to" because this could very well a hoax.

to give you a notion i think in a guitar world magazine of a few years back... if i remember right, that is... the fastest guitar lick recorded was 32nps by either satch or vai and at 32nps it already sounds like a bunch of gibberish notes (like shit)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
how bout Through the fire and the flames by Dragonforce