Author Topic: Drummers... where are you ?  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Duff_me

• Straight Shooter
  • Hands all shaking got your finger on the trigger
Yo Drummers..... anyone ?  :lol: basically i have just started up the drums again after 7-8 years of not playing and basically learning from scrach so just looking for some tips .. resources n stuff ! And just general Drum Chit Chat .....  :headbanger:

Offline MzMaihem

• Target Practice
    • Rock Solid Band Fiction
I'm here! Just a newbie, but damn determined. Gotta get a house to put a real kit in, I just borrow a snare and it annoys the shite out of my neighbours in the complex.  :lol: :lol: :lol: I use a wheelchair and have little to no foot control on down pressure, but Tommy Lee suggested something along the lines of Rick Allen's rig.

Nice to meet you!

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures
I played drums first time ever yesterday when I was jamming with my mate in this flat and I actually did pretty good. I've played guitar for 7 years but now I'm interested in drums and I'd like to take lessons soon :D

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures
bringing this topic back :P

yehs so im still a drummer. been taking lessons and bought electric drumset home and all. And I got into another band cos they needed a drummer, so im playing drums in 2 bands now. I also play bass sometimes with the bands when we just jam and switch roles. Also doing backing vocals in several songs. It's really cool to play drums actually, now that ive learned a lot and im very determined to learn more. Fortunately I still play guitar at home so it's easier to make songs.

Next instrument im gonna learn to play is piano, that'll be in a year or so...it's so fun to learn all kind of instruments, also makes you understand music and such better.

but right now i think im just gonna be a drummer for those bands...maybe later in my life i'll do what i've always wanted to do too, play guitar and sing in a band...

anyway, anyone else here playing more than 1 instrument? or plays instrument and sings?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:23:27 AM by Kona »

Offline Chris Axl

• Straight Shooter
my main insturment is guitar, but i can also play a little bass.

I really wanna learn drums, it looks really cool.
Wish I was filthy rich and could bought a drum kit!

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures
join a band, get a training flat, and you can always fool around with the drums :P that's how it started for me. And I already play for 3 different bands now so im glad i didnt decide to focus only on guitar as there are way too many guitarists in the world (and only few can play good :P)...drums with bands, guitar at home.